tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hey, I'm new to the forums but I signed up specifically to say how great this mod is. After playing through vanilla Terraria so many times, Thorium is a really great change of pace for me and my friends. The spritework is top notch, the new enemies, weapons, and items are well balanced, and all in all it feels less like a mod and more like an official expansion! I have a question, though. I'm playing as the bard in my group of friends and I see that, according to the Thorium wiki, the final available armor for Bards is Luminite-tier, while all other classes have something available to them after the new final boss. I haven't been able to skim over all 500 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there any plans for a bard set crafted from primordial essences?
I'd bet there is, Thorium has solid post-ML content and DivermanSam is constantly developing new stuff. He just said to expect "new and fun" equipment next update, so if Primordial gear doesn't show up then, I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up soon.

By the way, @DivermanSam, I got a Wind Chime as a drop in Expert pre-Hardmode.. I'm not sure what dropped it, but I noticed it in my inventory while I was finishing off EoW, so that might give you a place to start.

Also of note: I'm not sure how this would impact play, but Wind Chimes and Drum Mallet seem like they'd be Percussion and Shadowflame Warhorn would probably be Brass. LOVE the new wiki organization, by the way!!!

Last edited:
Hello guys, anyone having trouble getting the Bone Wand in Thorium? (the item that turns bones into bone blocks). I usually find a ton of these in every unmodified Terraria playthrough, but in Thorium I have gotten very late into the game and still haven't gotten any. On the other hand I've gotten a ton of the Thorium dungeon weapons (I think those are not dropped anymore and found only in chests since yesterday's patch) but I still haven't found any Bone Wand.
There's always a chance that I'm simply unlucky, but I'd like to know if it's really unobtainable or not, so I could go to another of my worlds and "borrow" one without feeling too guilty.
Thanks guys.

Hello guys, anyone having trouble getting the Bone Wand in Thorium? (the item that turns bones into bone blocks). I usually find a ton of these in every unmodified Terraria playthrough, but in Thorium I have gotten very late into the game and still haven't gotten any. On the other hand I've gotten a ton of the Thorium dungeon weapons (I think those are not dropped anymore and found only in chests since yesterday's patch) but I still haven't found any Bone Wand.
There's always a chance that I'm simply unlucky, but I'd like to know if it's really unobtainable or not, so I could go to another of my worlds and "borrow" one without feeling too guilty.
Thanks guys.
you're simply getting boned by RNG

about the bard combined accessory: i think this is a good idea, but i don't want to run into the problem where you have all the things but you need a crafting station that's way out of your league. if that issue can be avoided, then it sounds like a great addition.

also: how much does one need to donate to pitch a donor weapon concept?

Yeah, thought so, LOL! Damn RNG makes me wanna throw the Angler in lava everytime.
Never found a Rod of Discord either, ever, ha ha.
Anyway, Thorium is such a great mod. Many thanks to the person(s) who made it or helped.
Or the Goblin Tinkerer. "That's the last time you give me the Shoddy prefix on a reforge!"

Come to think of it, PythonGB ended up doing that to HIS Goblin Tinkerer during his vanilla Season 2 Ranger playthrough for that very reason... :merchantgrin:

Hey, I'm new to the forums but I signed up specifically to say how great this mod is. After playing through vanilla Terraria so many times, Thorium is a really great change of pace for me and my friends. The spritework is top notch, the new enemies, weapons, and items are well balanced, and all in all it feels less like a mod and more like an official expansion! I have a question, though. I'm playing as the bard in my group of friends and I see that, according to the Thorium wiki, the final available armor for Bards is Luminite-tier, while all other classes have something available to them after the new final boss. I haven't been able to skim over all 500 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there any plans for a bard set crafted from primordial essences?

Yeah, that, and the spray gives the bard-empowerment buff for defence.

Hallo,if you have installed terraria v1.3.5.2-tmodloader v0.10.1, try and install the thorium mod. Then pick a random character or create one and then create a new word (small/expert/random world evil). Then,the only thing you need to do is without join to the world,go to
documents/mygames/terraria/modloader/worlds , grab the world file and send me in this gmail "[email protected]"

It's not something hard, right... It is worth a try

If you want to know, i cant create my own world because my game crashes when it is going to create a thorium world,because of the new ocean biome,i think if you send me the file, i can play without crashing...
The crash is because my comupter can't generate this biome,i try almost everything (reinstalling terraria,framework,thorium mod):sigh:

Hallo,if you have installed terraria v1.3.5.2-tmodloader v0.10.1, try and install the thorium mod. Then pick a random character or create one and then create a new word (small/expert/random world evil). Then,the only thing you need to do is without join to the world,go to
documents/mygames/terraria/modloader/worlds , grab the world file and send me in this gmail "[email protected]"

It's not something hard, right... It is worth a try

If you want to know, i cant create my own world because my game crashes when it is going to create a thorium world,because of the new ocean biome,i think if you send me the file, i can play without crashing...
The crash is because my comupter can't generate this biome,i try almost everything (reinstalling terraria,framework,thorium mod):sigh:
well, this is a very strange thing to happen... are you using a legit Terraria or a pirated one, that could be the problem...
I am sorry if it looks like I am suspecting you of pirating the game, but it's the only explanation I can think of for why this could be happening

can i ask to tone down Abyssion's damage a bit? or at least reduce the amount of charges from his spit attack? i've tried Folv's/Circuit Breaker armor and even the Frozen Turtle Shell on pair with the Celestial Shell to fight this guy and even then i only survive a single barrage. he's too broken even for Expert Mode standards.

i dont know what else to use to kill him. heck, the damage isnt even the issue, its how he can shoot practically unavoidable projectiles. if there's an strat to kill this guy i'd like to hear it because i havent find a single way so far to kill him, at least Mage gameplay wise.

seriously Duke Fishron sounds like a joke compared to this guy. i dont know if its because i kite him outside the Abyssal Depths (heck, the wiki doesnt even states if he goes into an enraged mode or something like that) but the spit is the only problem with this boss. dont know how do you expect to kill him with post-Plantera/Golem equipment.

Last edited:
these are my character specs if you want to know:

-Folv's Ancient Armor / Circuit Breaker Armor

-Warding Frozen Turtle shell
-Armored Mothron Wings
-Warding Worm Scarf
-Armored Ankh Shield
-Armored Firestorm Boots
-Armored Celestial Shell

yeah there's a 4 defense deficit there but still. i use all the potions for boss battles with greater healing potions and some spare food because my cook died and havent been able to get it. but still is not enough.

weapon wise i have Mythical Legacy, Mythical Terra Staff and Godly Bass Booster (havent summoned the martians for the other magic gun). with Deadly Spheres for extra backup.

i dont know what im doing wrong with this boss.

can i ask to tone down Abyssion's damage a bit? or at least reduce the amount of charges from his spit attack? i've tried Folv's/Circuit Breaker armor and even the Frozen Turtle Shell on pair with the Celestial Shell to fight this guy and even then i only survive a single barrage. he's too broken even for Expert Mode standards.

i dont know what else to use to kill him. heck, the damage isnt even the issue, its how he can shoot practically unavoidable projectiles. if there's an strat to kill this guy i'd like to hear it because i havent find a single way so far to kill him, at least Mage gameplay wise.

seriously Duke Fishron sounds like a joke compared to this guy. i dont know if its because i kite him outside the Abyssal Depths (heck, the wiki doesnt even states if he goes into an enraged mode or something like that) but the spit is the only problem with this boss. dont know how do you expect to kill him with post-Plantera/Golem equipment.
From the wiki:
  • If taken outside of the Aquatic Depths, he will enrage in a manner similar to Plantera.
Also, I found that, if you make your arena too big an open space, the middle area might start behaving like Ocean instead of Aquatic Depths. You can tell, because the light and background with lighten up and the music will change. I can't say for sure, but this might set him off.

I'm not sure if these are glitches with my server or the Mod but i found that my summons from the butterfly staff end up harvesting the marine kelp planted in the planters before they are ready to be picked, which essentially deletes them without giving me the seeds or the plant. Also, I'm having a hard time with butterflies disappearing/ reappearing with no real rime or reason, this presents a problem with catching them as i go to use my net on them and the disappear.

I'm not sure if these are glitches with my server or the Mod but i found that my summons from the butterfly staff end up harvesting the marine kelp planted in the planters before they are ready to be picked, which essentially deletes them without giving me the seeds or the plant. Also, I'm having a hard time with butterflies disappearing/ reappearing with no real rime or reason, this presents a problem with catching them as i go to use my net on them and the disappear.
Yeah, that first problem is a cross-issue with the butterflies (which are always in damage-dealing mode for some reason, unlike many other pets, so they cut grass and kill critters on contact) and marine kelp planters (which seem to be broken and don't act like other planters... the plants can be broken normally and prematurely). I guess this can be a report that those are issues. (I'll also add again that Thorium pets in general are heavily leashed, which makes them almost universally inferior to many other pets. They have maybe half the range.)

The second part, it's been mentioned before, but I'm not sure if it's been addressed. I don't generally play multiplayer so I haven't paid attention.

I was playing with mage gear and I tried lots of times to defeat him (in Expert Mode), unsuccessfully. Honestly I had the same thought as you. However, I finally made it when I used Duke Fishron's mount. Also, a pair of teleporters connecting the Aquatic Depths all the way to your base might help. You can teleport to your base to heal with the Nurse and then go back to fight Abyssion. He doesn't despawn immediately (though he does despawn after a while), so if you're fast and lucky, you can have some easy healing.

Currently I am under the impression that a defensive strategy is not the best approach, if you're using mage gear at least. An offensive approach might be appropriate in order to kill him fast before he has a chance to cycle through his attacks for an extended period of time. Oh, and I think that the Black Staff is a very strong mage weapon, I used this and Terra Staff.

Back
Top Bottom