Console 1.3: The Final Push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been asked a ton, but is Mobile still getting 1.3 around the same time as Console? It's been absolutely forever since we last heard about it...
I'd rather have a huge bug patch instead though TBH
It will come later for Mobile and Switch. Exact amount of time between releases is yet to be determined but they'll have the same codebase so likely not too long.

It will come later for Mobile and Switch. Exact amount of time between releases is yet to be determined but they'll have the same codebase so likely not too long.
Sweet! Glad Mobile is still getting some love, I'd assume an update that big is pretty difficult to get running well on a phone.

I'm rushing to armor up and beat Ocram before the update comes out. Also trying to unlock as many trophies as possible before the game updates although getting all the extra armor and killing the extra bosses will be fun.

Mmmhmmm... I'm sorry for being negative, but we've been hearing the same since q2. My love for Terraria keeps me checking, but the passing months disheartens me, and my belief in a nearby release... :( I was on the side of optimism for some time, but things have not changed in any real way since May. I know I know it's hard to code, and port games, but seeing games like Skyrim on the switch, it's like why is Terraria still not running..? Ya that's triple a. Big team. Whatever... :( Hope to see it soon tho. Been itching for it. Sick of carrying a laptop everywhere, and not being able to play 1.3 on my consoles. We shall see I suppose. Hope to eat my words.

Mmmhmmm... I'm sorry for being negative, but we've been hearing the same since q2. My love for Terraria keeps me checking, but the passing months disheartens me, and my belief in a nearby release... :( I was on the side of optimism for some time, but things have not changed in any real way since May. I know I know it's hard to code, and port games, but seeing games like Skyrim on the switch, it's like why is Terraria still not running..? Ya that's triple a. Big team. Whatever... :( Hope to see it soon tho. Been itching for it. Sick of carrying a laptop everywhere, and not being able to play 1.3 on my consoles. We shall see I suppose. Hope to eat my words.

Admittedly, I share your concerns and I've voiced my issues with the consistent delays numerous times (in a civil manner mind you) & at this point, wasting energy on further criticism isn't worth my time.

I've delved into my backlog as of late and returned to some older titles. I've pushed Terraria to the back of my mind for now.

Maybe pick up another game while you wait, there's a myriad of great titles available.

Greetings Terrarians!

It has been a little over one month since our latest statement on the status of the 1.3 console update. Much of what was echoed in that previous statement remains the same, however we want to provide a more transparent look into what exactly is being worked on so you have a better understanding of why things were extended past their original estimate.

The Final Push

The team at Pipeworks has made a lot of really great strides since our last formal update. A ton of optimization work has been put into the game, certification bugs have been squashed, and split-screen is shaping up nicely.

At this point we’re in the process of working on some particularly noteworthy bugs; one in particular that is affecting network multiplayer stability. Most of the issues we’re working on currently are what we consider must fixes before we can submit the update for certification. At this time there’s a little over 30 bugs we’re working through before we plan on submitting for certification. This could change, however everyone feels pretty optimistic.

So what other issues are we tackling?
  • Remaining pieces of optimization
  • Localization bugs
  • A few stability/functionality bugs
  • General feedback from Re-Logic & 505 Games

It’s incredibly important to us that out of the gate the community has a great experience. This isn’t just a simple port, but a complete re-write for the future of Terraria. The team at Pipeworks feels a responsibility for carrying that torch well into the future.

We’re nearly finished.

P.S: We're having discussions currently about a possible release date. We aren't avoiding the question; however we want to ensure we're giving out accurate information.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
(I can imagine this song being played at Pipeworks Studio during the final hours before the cert test submission)

I use splitscreen to playa with my friends thanks you are awsome :cool:;):dryadtongue:
[doublepost=1511284200,1511284116][/doublepost]Sorry this auto correcta made my play playa forma no reason:sigh:

Gotta say, as a PC player I've felt like the console players have missed out on so much the last couple of years. Sure, 1.2.4 was great and all, but you know, no Moon Lord nor Expert Mode, therefore it's really nice to see that this gap is about to be shrunk very soon. May the update roll in as soon as possible ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom