tModLoader Fishing 2.0

Suggestion for 200 angler quest

• Accesory or something equipable that gives permanent vanilla buffs

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • an other thing (leave your suggestion) [Not Weapons/Armor/Mount]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello! I'm doing a fishing playthrough with the help of your mod and I noticed I was getting Greater Healing/Mana potions from pre-hardmode forest/cave crates..and also sometimes when I opened the crates I got literally nothing and wasted the crate..

Hello! I'm doing a fishing playthrough with the help of your mod and I noticed I was getting Greater Healing/Mana potions from pre-hardmode forest/cave crates..and also sometimes when I opened the crates I got literally nothing and wasted the crate..

The issue of the pre hardmode potions was fixed on an update. Are you using the latest tmodloader version?

The issue of the pre hardmode potions was fixed on an update. Are you using the latest tmodloader version?
Well, actually, I opened a golden crate, also in pre-hardmode, and got greater mana potions, I'm not actually familar with the vanilla fishing stuff, but I assumed you'd only get greater potions in hardmode :3..Fortunately it's an easy work-around as I just trash them when they show up to not be too overpowered, :p And yes, I am using the latest version

Well, actually, I opened a golden crate, also in pre-hardmode, and got greater mana potions, I'm not actually familar with the vanilla fishing stuff, but I assumed you'd only get greater potions in hardmode :3..Fortunately it's an easy work-around as I just trash them when they show up to not be too overpowered, :p And yes, I am using the latest version

Gold crates are supposed to drop greater healing potions and the crates of this mod do it only when you enter hardmode. Hardmode enabled or not is dependant on map not player or items so if you use you char on an other map that has hardmode and opened the crates there youll get hardmode drops.

AFAIK and tested mod is working properly. But feel free to correct me giving me all the details you can to be sure.

Gold crates are supposed to drop greater healing potions and the crates of this mod do it only when you enter hardmode. Hardmode enabled or not is dependant on map not player or items so if you use you char on an other map that has hardmode and opened the crates there youll get hardmode drops.

AFAIK and tested mod is working properly. But feel free to correct me giving me all the details you can to be sure.
I'm 100% sure I was in a pre-hardmode world, but it's not that huge of a deal, as you get Greater Potions from gold crates reguardless and also I can just trash them if I have a problem with the Greater potions in pre-hardmode :p ... and as for the crates sometimes giving me absolutely nothing, I read on the wiki that the vanilla crates "re-roll" when they would otherwise give you nothing, ensuring you always get something, and I assume your crates don't have that.

@superhc
I added some changes to the code of the cave crate which was the one having problems. All the crates now should at least drop coins but the chances of geting only coins should be very slim. Tell me also If you still getting greater mana/healing potions from which crate you got them from.

@superhc
I added some changes to the code of the cave crate which was the one having problems. All the crates now should at least drop coins but the chances of geting only coins should be very slim. Tell me also If you still getting greater mana/healing potions from which crate you got them from.
I'm pretty sure it was either the Cave crate or Forest crate, could have been others too, but I'm preeettyyy sure it was at least one of those two

I'm pretty sure it was either the Cave crate or Forest crate, could have been others too, but I'm preeettyyy sure it was at least one of those two

Yeah the code of the cave crate was bit messy. Check and let me know if it's all good now please.

Also! I have a suggestion! At..Uhm..Somewhere between 25 and 50 Quests completed? The Angler could guarenteed give us the Golden Bug Net? :3

Also! I have a suggestion! At..Uhm..Somewhere between 25 and 50 Quests completed? The Angler could guarenteed give us the Golden Bug Net? :3

New version 1.4.3 Changed reward for Angler Quests Finished = 21 Golden Bug Net Quests Finished = 23 Fish Hook

Another suggestion! The Obsidian crate should have a chance of dropping Hellstone ore and Obsidian, the Sky? crate should have a chance, after the brain of cthulu/eater of worlds is defeated, of dropping Meteorite ores/bars, and the Desert crate, since it already can drop an enchanted sword, should have a very low chance of dropping an Arkhalis, the Ice crate (in hardmode) should have a chance of dropping the Amarok, the obsidian crate (also in hardmode) can drop the hel-fire yoyo, jungle crate post mech boss(es) could drop the yelets, etc.. and finally, I wonder if it would be possible to add Lizhard spesific items..like being able to fish up lizhard crates or lizhard traps/bricks while fishing in the Lizhard temple, inside the Lizhard crates could be solar tablet (fragments) lizhard egg pet rarely, lizhard power cells, and possibly Plantera dropped items like the Pygmy staff :p..If this is not possible, then maybe you could add it to the post plantera underground jungle or post plantera Dungeon drop list?

@superhc The mod was made to help with the fisherman run and to be able to get the clorophyte and some weapons to continue advancing. If we include a lot of non fishable only weapons the charm of the fisherman run would be ruined IMO.

roxxz how do you make an item fishable? i've wanted to add some items so that you can get the mineral counterpart (example: in a natural generated copper world you can smelt tin cans into tin ore). i've searched but i couldn't find it... how do you do that?

roxxz how do you make an item fishable? i've wanted to add some items so that you can get the mineral counterpart (example: in a natural generated copper world you can smelt tin cans into tin ore). i've searched but i couldn't find it... how do you do that?
the various fishing crates you get when fishing sometimes already give you every single ore variant, you can get both tin and copper from crates, for example.

the various fishing crates you get when fishing sometimes already give you every single ore variant, you can get both tin and copper from crates, for example.
i know but it's kinda hard and boring to fish for crates containing tin and becouse tin cans are actually made of tin, you can smelt them into tin ore (i added this recipe in my mod). i had the idea to make the same thing for copper, lead and iron. just to make it easier to get the ore counterpart no matter which mineral you had naturally generated.

a sprite for you

Attachments

• wood crate (2).gif
    wood crate (2).gif
    4 KB · Views: 346
Back
Top Bottom