Map-Adventure Geared Up!

Alexel

Terrarian
Heya everyone, I'm creating my first adventure map from scratch called Geared Up. It has a Steampunk theme, and a fairly linear story line with a few puzzles and side quests thrown in. It is currently a solo build but if you want to help build or have any ideas, feel free to message me. I'm still working on the story but the backbone of the plot goes something like this-

After a bloody civil war between mages and mechanics, the land of Aconia is loosely held together by small towns and governed by 3 larger cities, who compete for ultimate control over the industrial powers and airship fleets on the mainland and overseas. Though the citizens of Aconia's counties are in an oppressed political situation, they remain content with their free and prosperous lives....that is, until the Wyverns return. Everyone thought that they were wiped at the end of the war, but a gradually growing swarm threatens to disrupt and ultimately destroy Aconia's welfare. To make matters worse, illegally practicing mages have aligned themselves with the Wyverns to create a formidable enemy. Aconia lacks the military and industrial strength to repel such forces, with only ill-equipped militias to defend the homelands. Now you, the last surviving heir to the royal family, the only one with enough political, mental and physical power to stop the Wyverns, must save Aconia from certain doom...

Hoping to be done in a month or 2, if all goes well.
Let me know what you think!

Wow, this sounds awesome! Quick question, you say Wyverns will be a central enemy, but is there a way to reliably summon them to fight? I'm curious about that.

I'd be happy to lend a hand in whatever way I can, but I must warn you I am NOT very good at making things look nice :dryadgrin:

Heya everyone, I'm creating my first adventure map from scratch called Geared Up. It has a Steampunk theme, and a fairly linear story line with a few puzzles and side quests thrown in. It is currently a solo build but if you want to help build or have any ideas, feel free to message me. I'm still working on the story but the backbone of the plot goes something like this-

After a bloody civil war between mages and mechanics, the land of Aconia is loosely held together by small towns and governed by 3 larger cities, who compete for ultimate control over the industrial powers and airship fleets on the mainland and overseas. Though the citizens of Aconia's counties are in an oppressed political situation, they remain content with their free and prosperous lives....that is, until the Wyverns return. Everyone thought that they were wiped at the end of the war, but a gradually growing swarm threatens to disrupt and ultimately destroy Aconia's welfare. To make matters worse, illegally practicing mages have aligned themselves with the Wyverns to create a formidable enemy. Aconia lacks the military and industrial strength to repel such forces, with only ill-equipped militias to defend the homelands. Now you, the last surviving heir to the royal family, the only one with enough political, mental and physical power to stop the Wyverns, must save Aconia from certain doom...

Hoping to be done in a month or 2, if all goes well.
Let me know what you think!
Wow, this sounds awesome! Quick question, you say Wyverns will be a central enemy, but is there a way to reliably summon them to fight? I'm curious about that.

I'd be happy to lend a hand in whatever way I can, but I must warn you I am NOT very good at making things look nice :dryadgrin:[/QOTE]
f

I'd be happy to lend a hand in whatever way I can, but I must warn you I am NOT very good at making things look nice :dryadgrin:

I decided on wyverns mainly because I figured that they would be a threat to airships considering if you fly high enough in Terraria that they spawn and a good portion of the map is in the air so there will be random encounters with them. The boss is a secret plot twist that will make sense when you play the map.

Gotcha! How's the progress coming along? Sounds like it should be a lot of fun!

I've got the spawnpoint and the main village/home area built. I plan on building everything first then going back and doing the signs and text boxes.

Back
Top Bottom