Lego Worlds? A new game?

Do you like LEGO Worlds

• Total voters

KinfThaDerp

Plantera
Well I recently saw a game called Lego Worlds and at first most people would say "Minecraft clone?" "A sandbox game like minecraft?" and there we go with the spam, but that's not what am I trying to tell u in this post

Lego worlds currently does not have an infinite world, but what can we expect from a game that's build out of LEGO? In my personal opinion, definitely from the start it's kind of bad, because it's not in first person view, and why is that a negative thing u may ask? Well most of the games don't use the view. I tried to find the name of this view, but I found nothing ( I just checked on google typing stuff like "What kind of view does lego video games use?" "What view do lego games use?" )

Second of all Lego Worlds is currently in alpha and there's not much in it even on steam they say

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
The Early Access build currently features:

 Procedurally Generated Worlds
 Terrforming and Building tools
 Discoveries and Unlocks
 Rideable Creatures and Vehicles
 Day/Night Cycle”

And then they tell us this when we can actually talk about something -

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“We plan to add the following features through a series of regular updates:

 Like/Dislike system for tailoring World Generation
 Procedurally Generated Underground Cave Networks
 LEGO ID integration to allow for sharing and uploading of in-game builds
 Additional Biomes
 Painting Themes
 Online Multiplayer
 Pre-Generated Towns/Villages/Settlements relevant to the Biome
 Updated AI Behaviors to provide organic feeling to free-roaming creatures and characters
 Red Brick Extras
 Full liquid behaviors
 Additional Minifigure Characters and Creatures
 Additional Vehicles and Pre-Built Models
 Additional Weapons
 Cut/Copy/Paste chunks of landscape
 Underwater Gameplay (including Vehicles, Creatures and additional sea life)
 Character Customizer”

So what do u think? A failure or it is going to be a good game? ( Oh and remember it's Alpha / Early Access ( at least from what I heard )

What I saw, I didn't like at all. Since the building interface itself is "ages 5 and down" (automated building, no resource gathering needed, fly mode while building allows you to go from one island to the other in seconds) and there isn't such a thing as combat, the only thing left is exploration, which has a very distinctive "boring island #343483749432" feeling - after the first two or three islands, they'll all look the same.

The Lego franchise... I know they basically live off making somewhat amusing parodies of other games or movies, but this Minecraft parody they tried is their lowest yet.

0/10 would kill a dragon in three punches again.

What I saw, I didn't like at all. Since the building interface itself is "ages 5 and down" (automated building, no resource gathering needed, fly mode while building allows you to go from one island to the other in seconds) and there isn't such a thing as combat, the only thing left is exploration, which has a very distinctive "boring island #343483749432" feeling - after the first two or three islands, they'll all look the same.

The Lego franchise... I know they basically live off making somewhat amusing parodies of other games or movies, but this Minecraft parody they tried is their lowest yet.

0/10 would kill a dragon in three punches again.

I dont think that in the full game that will be the only game mode, since u can gather coins/money/somekindofmagicthingy

The "money" is already used to unlock props you've been close to - which are also automatically built as many times as you want with no further need for anything - characters you've seen/defeated, and mounts.

I think Lego Worlds is a prime example of "why Early Access should not be a thing" as chances are high I won't bother with the finished product.

dang it my thread on this was a bit too slow so it got deleted ;(.my first lock.

But any way i think the game has great potential and might reach minecraft popularity.
the game is in alpha/beta and at this time minecraft /terraria had this much, maybe a bit more content in it. So don't expect this is all the game is because they are even adding multiplayer!

A Lego Game with the elements of Minecraft could make for some good potential, but as it is now, it looks pretty bare bones from the gameplay videos I've seen so far. As it is now, it mainly looks like a basic version of Minecraft's creative mode, but with less precision to creating lego structures.

I know this game is in early-access (which seemed like a very weird move for a big company like Lego to try, since usually Indie developers are the ones who resort to early-access to get their game out quickly to as many people as possible to try it) but there is little excuse for lack of content to use in the game. Part of this is that I'm not very forgiving of the early-access concept, as many developers on Steam are using it and think it serves as an excuse to get money for an unfinished game, and the Developer could run away with the cash they've earned at any point leaving the game unfinished forever. Not all developers do this of course, but the temptation becomes much higher with a thing like early access, and the players end up judging the content in early access games as the complete game regardless of how many warnings that the game isn't finished.

It would've been better if they withheld this game for 2+ years to make it a complete game before releasing it. Very few games that I know of have been able to do early-access well. Even if the game becomes a good full complete game in the end, the players who have played the hell out of the early-access version will be bored of it before the full game is released and won't be able to judge the full game on its own fairly because of this.

Hi! I’m making a post about LEGO Worlds. I haven’t seen any around here. :’(

The game used to get a lot of attention, but it’s dying away really quickly. Anyone have Xbox One LEGO Worlds and want to join me or something? This game is basically a 3D Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom