I can't figure out why this isn't valid housing

Plasmatiel

Steampunker
ice_house_by_plasmatiel-dbwxqde.png

I wanted to build an Ice themed house for an NPC, but for some reason this isn't considered valid housing.

When I use the housing query it doesn't even tell me what about the housing is invalid, just that it is invalid.

EDIT: It's fixed now, It was just corrupted

Last edited:
I'm new in this game, don't know if it is... but try to fill the ground under the house, maybe the game is thinking this is a floating house.

One weird-sounding question for you: Is there any corruption/crimson close by? (that includes red/purple ice)
I ask this because a small amount will give you the "Housing is invalid", as opposed to a large amount giving you "This housing is corrupted" or whatever the actual message is; I discovered this playing around with small "natural" isolated biomes and had them invalidate nearby houses because they were too close to my housing block.

Also, the floating house thing should be fine, as I've built floating houses in the past (the world I beat the moon lord on, the entire housing area is in the air too far to reach without a flying mount, rocket boots, or a grappling hook) without issue.

Also, the floating house thing should be fine, as I've built floating houses in the past (the world I beat the moon lord on, the entire housing area is in the air too far to reach without a flying mount, rocket boots, or a grappling hook) without issue.

Ow, good to know. Will start to build some of my own.

Thanks @Dragonlord.

Last edited:
One weird-sounding question for you: Is there any corruption/crimson close by? (that includes red/purple ice)
I ask this because a small amount will give you the "Housing is invalid", as opposed to a large amount giving you "This housing is corrupted" or whatever the actual message is; I discovered this playing around with small "natural" isolated biomes and had them invalidate nearby houses because they were too close to my housing block.

I think that might be it actually. This area used to be crimson, but I thought I purified it all with the clentaminator. I guess I missed some spots

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom