Other Having mods be easier to download? -> In the near future?

Matt9197

Terrarian
Since many mods have been worked on and loved by the PC community, it would be nice to implement it onto steam where people like me can download the mods much easier or are afraid of viruses from these mods, from personal experience downloaded mods is quite scary, as if you have Norton installed it will say that 'not enough people have downloaded this file for it to be suggested safe', which bothers me, but i got it on an old PC anyway and downloaded it, but some it was a tedious thing to move files and extract things as you had to make sure you backed your old terraria files up and not delete vanilla worlds/characters (which once happened to me). The mods could be like Binding of Isaacs, or a steam workshop.

I do know how to download mods, but Re-logic making mods get implemented much easier and for more people to create mods is the only wish i've had for a long time, because playing with new items and against new bosses is the very thing a lot of players enjoyed about starting Terraria for the first time. An idea thats probably been asked many times by other players and youtubers. Hopefully this may be a thing in the future!:rslime::kingslime::rslime::kingslime::rslime::kingslime::rslime:

No, because this excludes any player that isn't using the Steam version of the game.

Mods dont usually work on any other platform, mods have always been on PC as its actually the only way people can play them and anyone playing terraria that haven't got steam have pirated the game, you cant say this excludes people who have never had mods to play in the first place like consoles and mobile, and it goes the same with people not buying the game in the first place

Mods dont usually work on any other platform, mods have always been on PC as its actually the only way people can play them and anyone playing terraria that haven't got steam have pirated the game, you cant say this excludes people who have never had mods to play in the first place like consoles and mobile, and it goes the same with people not buying the game in the first place
I suggest you check this link: https://www.gog.com/game/terraria
And there is nothing to say Terraria won't come to other storefronts in the future.

installing mods is like a 5 minute process at most

you literally just double-click on the tmodloader installer, download the mods you want, and put them in the mods folder. that's it.

mod support could be interesting, but terraria doesn't really need them cuz it's already got a ton of content

Dude mods are like the easiest thing to install that I've ever tried to install. (Well, I am a tech guru though...) You just copy your characters and world's, download tmodloader for your version of Terraria, copy and paste the files into your Terraria folder, and rename your original Terraria file something different, like Terraria Vanilla.exe and then go to Steam, go to Terraria, right click It, go to properties and then browse local files, and then click on the Terraria icon that has a jungle tree and BOOM you got urself some mods boi.
[doublepost=1531501250,1531501134][/doublepost]DUDE there's legit a mod installer INSIDE of nodded Terraria! It's called the MOD BROWSER!!!! No 3rd party needed! Problem solved!

Wellll Mods are already extremely easy to add in Terraria than most games. And personally I dont like having mods be a vanilla option. Because new players may be more likely to never play the main game. And instead download mods like Heros Mod. Which defeats the purpose of the upcoming creative mode and how the devs think it should be handled.

Back
Top Bottom