NPCs & Enemies Custom NPC - The Slime Scientist

mferr11

Terrarian
Hey Guys!
My favorite Terraria NPC/Enemy is the Slimes. I love their variety and different species. The King Slime is kinda useless though advancement wise. So this NPC will hopefully change that. He only spawns after the King Slime has been defeated and the world is in hardmode ( This is because some slimes will only spawn in hardmode Similarly, some slimes will only spawn in expert mode, but I have stil llisted them here). He gives quests similar to the Angler. I'm not good at explaining things so I'll just show pictures.

The NPC will give basic descriptions of the slime and where to find them.

DISCLAIMER: SOME SLIMES YOU WILL SEE HERE HAVE BEEN EITHER TAKEN OR INSPIRED BY OTHERS. THOSE PEOPLE WILL BE FULLY CREDITED AND LINKED. THE REASON I HAVE ADDED OTHER PEOPLE'S CREATIONS IS BECAUSE I ALSO WANT TO SEE THEM.

How It Works:
The capture chance shown in the images is how often a Slime will be 'captured' (put in your inventory and then you can give it to the Slime Scientist). Similarly to a bug net you would have to left click (or other buttons on controllers) on a slime with the net, be in close range and then capture the slime. The 'can capture tier x slimes' is what 'level' of slime the net can obtain. You couldn't capture a crimslime with the basic net for example.

Slime Nets will use gel as 'bait'. The logic behind it being that slimes want the gel to grow bigger

Items:
Basic Slime Net: View attachment 189718
Obtained: Bug Net + 100 Gel
Capture Chance: 10%

Can Capture: Tier 1 Slimes

Advanced Slime Net: View attachment 189719
Obtained: Gifted By Slime Scientist After 5 Quests
Capture Chance: 20%

Can Capture: Tier 1+2 Slimes

Epic Slime Net: View attachment 189720
Obtained: Gifted By Slime Scientist After 10 Quests
Capture Chance: 35%

Can Capture: Tier 1+2+3 Slimes

Legendary Slime Net: View attachment 189721
Obtained: Gifted By Slime Scientist After 25 Quests
Capture Chance: 60%

Can Capture: Tier 1+2+3+4 Slimes

Golden Slime Net: View attachment 189722
Obtained: Gifted By Slime Scientist After 50 Quests
Capture Chance: 90%

Can Capture: Tier 1+2+3+4+5 Slimes

The Tier 1 Slimes are:
Blue Slimes
Green Slimes
Red Slimes
Yellow Slimes
Black Slimes
Purple Slimes

The Tier 2 Slimes are:
Ice Slimes
Sand Slimes
Jungle Slimes
Spiked Ice Slimes
Spiked Jungle Slimes
Baby Slimes

The Tier 3 Slimes are:
Mother Slimes
Lava Slimes
Dungeon Slimes
Pinky
Umbrella Slimes
Corrupt Slimes
Crimslimes

The Tier 4 Slimes are:
Slimer
Illuminant Slime
Rainbow Slime
Gastropod
Spiked Slime (Yes, the one spawned by The King Slime)
Toxic Sludge
Slimeling

The Tier 5/Custom Slimes are:
Bee SlimeView attachment 189723 (Spawns in JUNGLE)
Camo SlimeView attachment 189724 (Spawns in FOREST) Credit to LastBull
Spiked Sand SlimeView attachment 189777 (Spawns in DESERT)
Mechanical SlimeView attachment 189786 (Hardmode Only. After 1 Mechanical Boss defeated)
Puddle Slime
Puddle Slime.gif
(Spawns in OCEAN. "I swear I've seen this before")

The Event Specific Slimes are:
Bunny Slime (Halloween)
White Present Slime (Christmas)
Gold Present Slime (Christmas)
Green Present Slime (Christmas)
Red Present Slime (Christmas)

Green Candycane SlimeView attachment 189784 Christmas Only. Full Credit to ASquishedFishPattyOnABun)
Red Candycane SlimeView attachment 189785 Christmas Only. Full Credit to ASquishedFishPattyOnABun)

After Completing every quest you are given 3 rewards.
The fist being The Golden Slime Trophy: View attachment 189778 (Decoration)
The second being The Royal Slime Staff:View attachment 189779 (Summons a miniature King Slime to fight for you)View attachment 189780
The third being The Royal Book of Slimes:View attachment 189781 (An in-game encyclopedia containing information about each Slime, what can be crafted with gel and a quick description of where to find them)

This list is in no way done. I'm not creative so if anyone has any other slime or concept ideas please tell me and I'll add them.

Last edited:
Maybe something to help you advance in game such as a Goo Gun uses gel as ammo?

Also does the NPC give you specific slimes to catch or can you give him anything?

Back
Top Bottom