IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
-- Scott --

Not wanting to miss a second of the action Scott had followed Regnil as he walked forward out of the clearing into the forest. "How in-tree-guing," he said seeing the rather large tree that was now in Regnil's path. "Doesn't seem hostile, unless it has really bad aim. I say we set in on fire to see what happens."

Kae.png

-Kae-
The rest of the group had begun to move on as she watched from outside the circle. "Aww man." She decided to run through to the other side and see what the others were up to.

Sp0S5QE.png

Teresa looked thoughtful for a second, trying to think of the best way to go about things, "Do we know how willing Kadiev is to part with the rod? Simply asking might not get us anywhere, and if he knows we're solely after the rod then that may make further diplomacy complicated."

She paused for a moment, and then said, "Of course, there's no reason we can't steal it."

cCWrz8W.png
"Whoa!!" Regnil jumped back as the tree swung at him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I just never seen a talking tree before." He turned his attention to Scott. "I think that wouldn't end well for both parties involved. Anyway, it seems to only be able to speak to us from that circle, telepathy magick perhaps?" Looking back towards the tree he approaches. "If you can understand what I am saying, swing two branches at the same time."

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"We do not have much information about Kadiev. He is some kind of merchant, and I would guess he knows that the rods are rather rare. This means that he would probably be willing to sell it to us, but for a high price." Ruby kept looking at the pub, with a conflicted expression. "If we could pull it off really well I suppose a theft would be possible. But no matter what course of action we decide on we should first gather more intelligence on Kadiev."

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

"I'm fine with stealing if that's the way it goes. Although I'd rather avoid that if at all possible." Uhlsrar said to the duo. "I still think we should walk in ask for Kadiev and ask about the rod, but if you think finding intelligence about him first is best than let's go with that. How would we go about do that?" Uhlsrar asked Ruby as he wasn't sure how to proceed if they were going to gather information about Kadiev. He preferred acting first thinking later as when he stopped to consider things first he never got to the acting on them part.

-Kaz-
"I guess I'll come too" Kaz sighed after he watched Regnil, Scott and then Kae go back into the jungles. "This is so stupid, what is going on now?" Kaz asked upon seeing Regnil talking to a giant tree. Not having seen the tree swing one of it's branches at Regnil just before, Kaz has no idea that the tree can move.

.....Kaz, coming in from a distance would notice that the chitter chatter of insects was non-existant in and around this tree. Normally, such a large tree would be filled with such noise, housing hundreds or more of such creatures—not this tree—there was silence. It was almost relieving, and it took him a few seconds to fully notice this, but when he did, it began to send a chill down the hair on the back of his neck. Something was wrong about it.

.....To Regnil, there was no real response from the tree, however the nearest branch to him began to slowly rise again, similar to before. Kae and Scott would also see this branch rise like a leaver.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"The problem with just asking is that doing so puts us in a disadvantageous position in the negotiation. We are already disadvantaged enough what with us not really having much to offer." Ruby said, explaining his reasoning. "What we need is a plan, and at the moment we lack the information necessary to devise one. The type of information we are after is, for example: how the caravan is organized, including the relationships between the members and potential conflicts; what they need or desire, especially Kadiev; how they usually operate; but anything might be useful. Most importantly we need to find out how long we have before Kadiev leaves, and where he would go, or, if he has already left, where he is currently headed. To answer your question typically you disguise intelligence-gathering as small-talk, so as to not bring attention to the fact that you are looking for said information, lest rumors might arise which, again, put you in a disadvantageous situation. Even better if the person you are conversing with is the one to bring up the subject, just don't push too hard. You could also listen in on another conversation, but that causes a lot of suspicion should you be discovered. And there you have the basics of oral investigation." After finishing, Ruby smiled expectantly.

79Xb3XS.png
Xarot, dumbfounded by the sudden teleportation, stood up and looking around. He found himself in some kind of jungle, weirdly shaped trees, not many things made connections with his past... He tried to remember what had happened before.. nothing.
<Look for information about the surroundings>
<Look for moving stuff>
<Check for fungi (fungi phobia)>

((This is getting... slow...))
6zknwmT.png

"Uh? Guys? I saw Francis in the distance, he seems to be heading towards Bariston."
Replying to Azaka "Sure thing, let's start with chopping down a tree." Platinum takes out his battle axe.
((Will this work to chop down a tree?))

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

That sounds like an utter waste of time, just going up and asking to buy it sounds much more reasonable. After all it's a magical rod, not many people would go out of their way to come and buy it. "If you believe gathering information first is best we should get on it." Uhlsrar said a bit irritated they couldn't just go up and ask for the rod. "Oh and I should mention. While asking about Kadiev location the duo told me to forget that name if I was working for someone called Gheer." Uhlsrar added.

-- Scott --

"A moving branch? How fun wonder how it works." Scott said walking right up to said branch. He would grab the beach and attempt to move it back down.

-- Scott --

Upon hearing Regnil's warning Scott let go of the branch and took a step back, although a bit disappointed. "Well you're been right thus far. So what exactly do we do next if not pull the moving branch of the tree."

cCWrz8W.png
"Honestly, at this point, I'm not so sure. It doesn't seem to understand me while we aren't in that circle, and even then I don't speak their language." Regnil thought for a moment before stepping back a few more paces. "That's the Big One?"

-Kaz-
"We should leave, or burn the tree to the ground" Kaz said, sweat running down his brow. "A tree that huge, even if it is able to move, should have hundreds, maybe thousands of insects living in or on it. But there's not a single one anywhere near that... thing" Clutching his fist, Kaz felt an odd fear, 'Insects are a good sign that things in the environment are natural and healthly, but in these jungles for there to not be any over here... it's simple foul and unnatural. Maybe magick? Or it could be a kind of corruption, like what afflicts Vic, never saw any insects bother him before' Kaz thought instinctively moving back slowly from the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom