tModLoader Assorted Mods by Ef

Simple Auto Chests: Do you prefer "elaborate" names for the chests or simpler ones?

• Elaborate

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Simple

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no worries I had just thought about it after make a hell chest
[doublepost=1515218401,1515217946][/doublepost]also it would probably be easier and better just use as crafting like the wood chest
empty bucket near chest = that chest's liquid
duping is just so messy and unwieldy

Ore Gatherer depends on the pick you use, the higher tier picks mines higher tiers
So if you use molten it will do gold and demonite
Platinum pick might give you the lower tier ores
I believe this was a change so you could change out the pick to mine different things so it doesn't flood your chest with lower tiers if you really want the higher ups

My plan and recommendation is to create several ore chests with different tiered picks in them to get a full sweep of every tiered ore

Ore Gatherer depends on the pick you use, the higher tier picks mines higher tiers
So if you use molten it will do gold and demonite
Platinum pick might give you the lower tier ores
I believe this was a change so you could change out the pick to mine different things so it doesn't flood your chest with lower tiers if you really want the higher ups

My plan and recommendation is to create several ore chests with different tiered picks in them to get a full sweep of every tiered ore
It was changed in the most recent version, yes. Going to paste the reply from the mod dev right here (because I don't really feel like doing it the proper way while I'm on the phone):

I assigned a minimum pickaxe power to each ore, and add ores proportional to the difference between the power of the pick in the chest and the ore's pickaxe requirement. If the pick is more than three times stronger than the ore, it doesn't collect it.

Ah, that explains it, I have been using Reaver Shark's for each gatherer, I was fishing for the Sawtooth Shark early game and got five Reaver's instead.

Yeah i have two set up, one is from Qwerty's (pick has around 100 percent) Rhuthium(sp?)
and the other is Nightmare

Rhuth gets Gold/Plat onward
Nightmare gets iron/lead onward

Hey Ef~
Is there a list of pickaxes power and what ores does it dig?
I am having a difficult time setting enough chests to gather all types of ores.

Might I suggest, instead of using the pickaxes on the first slot, creating for instance, tiers of Ore Gatherer? Crafted with different picks?
I could see it working as:
Tier 1 (Nightmare (or Crimson) Pickaxe) (All non-Hardmode Ores)
Tier 2 (Mythril (or Orichalcum) Pickaxe) (All Hardmode Ores)
Maybe, for tier two could even be an Adamantine/Titanium for more balance?

This way we could avoid clutter, but still get all the ores for building and shenanigans.

I guess I could do that, but it would require changing a lot of stuff and would potentially allow players to access ores before they should be able to. I changed it in the last update so that pickaxes now collect anything that's more than their power - 100. So a pick with power 120 should collect everything down to copper, while a pick with power 200 should collect only hardmode ores.

Hey Ef~
Is there a list of pickaxes power and what ores does it dig?
I am having a difficult time setting enough chests to gather all types of ores.

Might I suggest, instead of using the pickaxes on the first slot, creating for instance, tiers of Ore Gatherer? Crafted with different picks?
I could see it working as:
Tier 1 (Nightmare (or Crimson) Pickaxe) (All non-Hardmode Ores)
Tier 2 (Mythril (or Orichalcum) Pickaxe) (All Hardmode Ores)
Maybe, for tier two could even be an Adamantine/Titanium for more balance?

This way we could avoid clutter, but still get all the ores for building and shenanigans.

Not sure what it would be used to gather. Sand is already part of the Block Gatherer, and Cactus is part of the Plant Gatherer. The only thing I could think it would gather is Forbidden Fragments maybe.
It could also gather desert fossils.

@efhosci

I was wondering if this is a known issue. Some of the collectors, in my case, corruption, hallow, and liquid have being turning into regular chests with the skins from their collector type. They no longer function as collectors or chests unless I remove them and replace them.

Is there a solution to this? I'm not exactly sure why it's happening as I've used simple autochests before and did not have this happen to these chests. Just once to the sky chest.

I think that losing it's "enchants" mentioned by someone a couple of years ago meant this issue.

I'm not using any of the mentioned incompatible mods.

@efhosci

I was wondering if this is a known issue. Some of the collectors, in my case, corruption, hallow, and liquid have being turning into regular chests with the skins from their collector type. They no longer function as collectors or chests unless I remove them and replace them.

Is there a solution to this? I'm not exactly sure why it's happening as I've used simple autochests before and did not have this happen to these chests. Just once to the sky chest.

I think that losing it's "enchants" mentioned by someone a couple of years ago meant this issue.

I'm not using any of the mentioned incompatible mods.

I don't know why that would be happening. The chests themselves don't have any special code, it's all handled in a separate script. What do you mean by they don't function as chests? Do they not open when clicked?

Not sure if it's been flagged. But I'm using Fargos mod (the one which adds the mutants for selling summons) and if I use the vanilla boss summons it adds, which are slightly different e.g. the slime crown. The auto boss farmer chest doesn't work at all.

Also, unsure if swarm crowns and the like will work as well.

Hi.
I'm playing with SimpleAutoChests and when i use Cosmolight from Calamity mod i can "dupe" items from chests.
Can i change time of stock chest?

Hello author! Why simple chests do not destroy blocks/tiles that it gather? I thought they work like a quarry from Minecraft...

I've found an issue with the Ore Gatherer. Pickaxes like the Asthraltite Picksaw (With pickaxe strengths of around 340%) Don't gather any ore at all, atleast when using Calamity. This also completely ruins the fun of putting a Crystyl Crusher (Which has 5000% power) into the ore gatherer and watching the chest get absolutely bloated with ores the very next day.

Back
Top Bottom