Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I downloaded a mod in-game and it did not work so whenever i start up the game it will have a pop up that tells me the mod did not work and has a button to continue, when i continue it will load my other mods along with the one that did not work and the pop up will appear again. This problem will not go away no matter what i do and it does not allow me to get to the games title screen so i cannot select a character and world to play. Is there any way to fix this?

I downloaded a mod in-game and it did not work so whenever i start up the game it will have a pop up that tells me the mod did not work and has a button to continue, when i continue it will load my other mods along with the one that did not work and the pop up will appear again. This problem will not go away no matter what i do and it does not allow me to get to the games title screen so i cannot select a character and world to play. Is there any way to fix this?
You can hold shift to bypass all mods to get out of the reload loop. Or just delete the .tmod file in the save directory.

How do you make a sandgun like weapon
Is it possible to make spreading blocks?
how do you make world gen spawn a different block for any block adjacent to air, just like grass?

Last edited:
How do I fix this?

Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Bad signature (0x200A0D7B) at position 0x00000000
at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadHeader(ZipEntry ze, Encoding defaultEncoding)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry(ZipContainer zc, Boolean first)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig(ZipFile zf)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(Stream zipStream, TextWriter statusMessageWriter, Encoding encoding, EventHandler`1 readProgress)
at Terraria.TexturePackSupport.FindTexturePacks()
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
looks like the zip file you put in the TexturePacks folder is bad.

Ehrm i am doing a modded playthrough and i finnaly reached moonlord after a while... but after the light flash and maybe 1 or 2 moonlord sounds. he despawns... i tried disabling all the mods but it still didnt work? maybe its a local issue but i already tried restarting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit-
Nvm figured it out... appearently it had to do something with a texture pack i was making and it broke moonlord

Last edited:
urm can anyone help me... im trying to make a axe but I cant get it to work... here is the code:

using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
namespace TechWeapons.Items
{public class BattleTax : ModItem
{public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{DisplayName.SetDefault ("BattleTax")
Tooltip.SetDefault ("Tech+Axe=Tax.");
}
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.damage = 20;
item.melee = true;
item.width = 40;
item.height = 40;
item.useTime = 15;
item.useAnimation = 15;
item.axe = 10;
item.hammer = 45;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.knockBack = 6;
item.value = 10;
item.rare = 2;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
item.autoReuse = true;
}
public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.LeadBar, 20);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.FallenStar, 3);
recipe.AddIngredient(mod, "Microchip", 3);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches)
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
public override void MeleeEffects(Player player, Rectangle hitbox)
{
if (Main.rand.Next(10) == 0)
{
int dust = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(hitbox.X, hitbox.Y), hitbox.Width, hitbox.Height, mod.DustType("Sparkle"));
}}}}

The error is something to do with 'the type or namespace name 'Player' can not be found' what do I do?
[doublepost=1516723317,1516722844][/doublepost]It also does it for 'Rectangle'

it now says:

c:\Users\Children\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\TechWeapons\Items\BattleTax.cs(36,45) : error CS1001: Identifier expected

c:\Users\Children\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\TechWeapons\Items\BattleTax.cs(36,70) : error CS1737: Optional parameters must appear after all required parameters

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom