Xbox One Minimap not saving

Arcta9798

Terrarian
Title says all.

I love this update so far, aside from some UI snafus and bugs it’s pretty cool (though multiplayer being utterly broke really bites but I can adjust)

Whenever I exit the game, it doesn’t save the minimap and it leaves it black.

I’ll know it when it says “drawing map” it’ll be at 1% and that’s it, and when the game loads moths minimap is blank and anything I explored isn’t saved. (And ONLY on my main character too Of course)

Every single time I exit now it does this, regardless of how much or how little I explore. And Thisbe is just on one character and one world.

This is incredibly annoying and makes me not want to explore my map anymore, since my progress just gets reset (minimap, no building gets reset...not yet anyway.)

Is there a fix for this? Workaround? Something? Or is my character in a pseudo corrupted state? I really hope that this gets patched eventually (and that it fixed my character...I’ve done too many fishing quests to just start fresh)

Do you have autosave off because my map progress doesn't save if it is off, when my autosave is on, all my map progress is saves

Do you have autosave off because my map progress doesn't save if it is off, when my autosave is on, all my map progress is saves

Mine is off but it doesn’t happen every single time, it JUST started saving it again out of nowhere...I don’t get it :/

Closest tell I can think of is if I explore too much (it only starts happening when I’ve explored a large area of map) but otherwise I don’t even know

I am having this issue too. Every time I exit the world and come back the whole screen is completely blacked out. Auto save is on.

This happened to me today. It happened after I made my main world my favorite on the select screen. I narrowed it down to this because I didn’t do anything else different in the game. As soon as I Undid it as a favorite, the mini map would start to record data again. Sucks, I lost so many hours.

This happened to me today. It happened after I made my main world my favorite on the select screen. I narrowed it down to this because I didn’t do anything else different in the game. As soon as I Undid it as a favorite, the mini map would start to record data again. Sucks, I lost so many hours.
Very interesting @775notown, can you replicate that 100% of the time? Does that also include the main map data (not the mini-map, but the big map)?

Very interesting @775notown, can you replicate that 100% of the time? Does that also include the main map data (not the mini-map, but the big map)?

Well I stared loosing my map prior to last patch. Thought it was solved until I 3 days ago started loosing it again everttime I exit a game. I tired to un-favorite my map - and that did nothing. So it is not related to favorites as far as I can tell.

Nothing I do will enable me to save the map now. Its reset everytime - and yes auto-save is always on.

Well I stared loosing my map prior to last patch. Thought it was solved until I 3 days ago started loosing it again everttime I exit a game. I tired to un-favorite my map - and that did nothing. So it is not related to favorites as far as I can tell.

Nothing I do will enable me to save the map now. Its reset everytime - and yes auto-save is always on.
Ah, thanks for sharing your experience Hratgard. Sorry to hear that the un-favoriting was not a fix.

I encourage everyone who encounters the map not saving bug to send in their details to Pipeworks directly here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Send as much detail as possible (size of world, legacy world or not, what gear you're wearing, anything special about the world, etc). The more info they have the easier it will be to track down the cause and get a fix going.

Ughhhh! I literally just started a new world because of this issue and it happened today. Spent hours finding stuff last night and it’s all black now....is there a fix for this. I feel like I can never make any progress.

Ughhhh! I literally just started a new world because of this issue and it happened today. Spent hours finding stuff last night and it’s all black now....is there a fix for this. I feel like I can never make any progress.
There's no fix for it yet, and I haven't heard of any workaround for it. It sounds frustrating for sure.

If you can send in your own experience with this to the developers, that can help them find the cause and hopefully help them get a fix for it. Send a bug report here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

I am trying to do the report, but I am not sure what to put for certain entries. What should I put on detailed platform info? the serial number? it says specific model number, RAM, and system storage numbers. I don't know where to find those. :(

I am trying to do the report, but I am not sure what to put for certain entries. What should I put on detailed platform info? the serial number? it says specific model number, RAM, and system storage numbers. I don't know where to find those. :(
You can do a google search for “how do I find my computer model” and there will be lots of different easy ways to do it.

Its xbox, not a computer.
Ah yes. So it is. Just give as much info as you can find.

Google searches work for more than just computers. Even though I mentioned computers you could do a google search for “how do I find my Xbox model”. But again, the most important thing is to just fill out what you can and get your issue to the devs.

Ah yes. So it is. Just give as much info as you can find.

Google searches work for more than just computers. Even though I mentioned computers you could do a google search for “how do I find my Xbox model”. But again, the most important thing is to just fill out what you can and get your issue to the devs.
Okay i sent it in. Any word on when it's going to be fixed?

My brother and i found a pattern for one cause of the world map reset
When playing splitscreen local multiplayer, if the host saves and exits before other players leave their most recently played worlds are reset. Every. Time. Its also only their most recently played world on that particular character. We think it might have something to do with that bug that used to overwrite worlds? We think the same sort of thing is happening with the map data. Like its trying to save the hosts data over your own and either corrupting or just replacing yours with an unusable file.

Back
Top Bottom