tModLoader Builder's Toolbox

what about a giant acorn equivilent for glowing mushroom?

A watering can equivalent that grows glowing mushrooms and glowing mushroom trees when used on mushroom grass would probably be more balanced than something that makes a giant tree sized glowing mushroom tree.

A watering can equivalent that grows glowing mushrooms and glowing mushroom trees when used on mushroom grass would probably be more balanced than something that makes a giant tree sized glowing mushroom tree.

The idea is more that it provides an underground and surface biome. However, that same thing for glowing mushrooms in terms of watering can would be lovely- I'd want a tool that turns Dirt into Mud and/or vice-versa however without mining the block.

Hi, checking out this mod, and it seems pretty awesome for facilitating NPC housing, etc, but I have a couple questions:

1) I'm a little confused how the wall scaffolding works. I can place/mine wall scaffolding, either manually or with the Wall Canvas tool, but I'm unclear about how I then can go ahead and replace the scaffolding with actual wall tiles?

2) Is there a way to disable the grid when you have the Wall Canvas in your inventory, similar to the way Grand Design works w. wiring/actuators? (i.e. the grid only shows when you have the Canvas in your hotbar and selected)

3) The Wall Canvas doesn't seem to be able to remove default dirt walls? Or am I missing something? If it is indeed unable to do this currently, is that possible to implement?

thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, checking out this mod, and it seems pretty awesome for facilitating NPC housing, etc, but I have a couple questions:

1) I'm a little confused how the wall scaffolding works. I can place/mine wall scaffolding, either manually or with the Wall Canvas tool, but I'm unclear about how I then can go ahead and replace the scaffolding with actual wall tiles?

2) Is there a way to disable the grid when you have the Wall Canvas in your inventory, similar to the way Grand Design works w. wiring/actuators? (i.e. the grid only shows when you have the Canvas in your hotbar and selected)

3) The Wall Canvas doesn't seem to be able to remove default dirt walls? Or am I missing something? If it is indeed unable to do this currently, is that possible to implement?

thanks!
1) Wall scaffolding is just a really weak background wall that can be placed really fast. Since Terraria already supports damaging/replacing background walls I haven't added any additional functionality there; the Furious Worldforge can be used to replace background walls without destroying the existing wall since it uses a separate process to manually placing walls.

2) I'm not sure, I think it's tied to if you set the grid as enabled in the info icons in the (top left?) corner area.

3) I believe the Canvas tilewands don't function as actual mining tools when dealing with natural tiles which I think was intentional, for now you'll probaby just need to hammer the background walls off or use the architect for mass operations.

Found a small bug; it is situational, and it is useful
When holding the sledgehammer actively with your cursor and grappling, your grappling hook destroys scaffolding. However, the grappling hook does not destroy scaffolding when the sledgehammer is in the hotbar. I noticed it because usually I keep all my tools/building materials in my inventory, and click and drag them about to use them.

Fantastic mod by the way. The cheap scaffolding makes it enjoyable to build early game, when resources are not yet plentiful <3 honestly a game changer for me and my friends!:passionate:

Found a small bug; it is situational, and it is useful
When holding the sledgehammer actively with your cursor and grappling, your grappling hook destroys scaffolding. However, the grappling hook does not destroy scaffolding when the sledgehammer is in the hotbar. I noticed it because usually I keep all my tools/building materials in my inventory, and click and drag them about to use them.

Fantastic mod by the way. The cheap scaffolding makes it enjoyable to build early game, when resources are not yet plentiful <3 honestly a game changer for me and my friends!:passionate:
Ah good spot. This would be because a special trigger makes scaffolding behave like grass (can be cut) when using the Slegde Hammer, but usually only when swinging. For tModLoader, holding items on the cursor can do some really unexpected behaviours to various modded items with special effects, like making a gun with a custom "clip and reload" system instead have infinite ammo.

If you're cool with it (and because I'm lazy at patch updates) I can leave it as is. I doubt there's an easy way to fix it anyway, and as long as it's not negatively affecting people's building experiences then it's fine.

Hi! Great mod, looks like just the kind of thing for a lazy builder like me, but who wants to make things that look good, also like me.
1.3.6 of course is going to add the ability to hot-swap normal blocks like walls, so I guess scaffolding will lose one of its more useful features. Oh well, the rest of it is cool though!

In terms of suggestions- this is an odd one I suppose but have you considered adding an... how would I describe it...
An Actuation Rod that just actuates.

Er... By that, I mean some sidegrade to the Actuation Rod which can, on use, toggle a block between actuated and unactuated, without needing to place any actuators, basically to allow for quicker use of actuation to add build detail. So basically, the Actuation Rod, but for non-actuator-applied blocks.

Hi! Great mod, looks like just the kind of thing for a lazy builder like me, but who wants to make things that look good, also like me. 1.3.6 of course is going to add the ability to hot-swap normal blocks like walls, so I guess scaffolding will lose one of its more useful features. Oh well, the rest of it is cool though!
This was definitely a thought I had. What countered it, however, is the fact that a single block of wood can create sixty four scaffolding blocks. That's pretty incredible! Ordinarily people would just use dirt, but that would imply that we would have to do a massive amount of digging to get all of that dirt, and some people just like to rush right in to planning out their perfect town.

When I start a new game, I like to build my entire town up in the sky then completely wall it off so it can't be invaded by zombies or eyeballs that want to kill my townsfolk. Having an ability to do that immediately is so valuable...

In terms of suggestions- this is an odd one I suppose but have you considered adding an... how would I describe it...
An Actuation Rod that just actuates. Er... By that, I mean some sidegrade to the Actuation Rod which can, on use, toggle a block between actuated and unactuated, without needing to place any actuators, basically to allow for quicker use of actuation to add build detail. So basically, the Actuation Rod, but for non-actuator-applied blocks.
Absolutely. We've always needed this in-game in some way. Actuating blocks, even just for decoration, is an extremely useful thing. Having an ability to do it faster and on-demand would be incredibly useful.

This was definitely a thought I had. What countered it, however, is the fact that a single block of wood can create sixty four scaffolding blocks. That's pretty incredible! Ordinarily people would just use dirt, but that would imply that we would have to do a massive amount of digging to get all of that dirt, and some people just like to rush right in to planning out their perfect town.

When I start a new game, I like to build my entire town up in the sky then completely wall it off so it can't be invaded by zombies or eyeballs that want to kill my townsfolk. Having an ability to do that immediately is so valuable...

Ah, you misunderstand. I was lamenting that one of the most interesting parts of scaffolding was going to be deprecated once 1.3.6 hits, but I still expect it to remain in the mod and it will still be incredibly useful

What did I misunderstand exactly, though? o.o Swapping blocks is the point. Scaffolding lets you replace that scaffolding with blocks quickly enough while providing shelter from zombies. In 1.3.6, any block will do. Dirt is the most common block that someone will have, as well as the most expendable. But you can still get a ton more scaffolding very, very quickly. So even if the actual feature itself is now moot, the quantity gotten from a single block of wood is still super-useful. I apologize if I've somehow missed your point, but I'm really not sure what it is if I haven't already touched on it in some way. There aren't very many other aspects to scaffolding that I can see besides what we've discussed. :-/

What did I misunderstand exactly, though? o.o Swapping blocks is the point. Scaffolding lets you replace that scaffolding with blocks quickly enough while providing shelter from zombies. In 1.3.6, any block will do. Dirt is the most common block that someone will have, as well as the most expendable. But you can still get a ton more scaffolding very, very quickly. So even if the actual feature itself is now moot, the quantity gotten from a single block of wood is still super-useful. I apologize if I've somehow missed your point, but I'm really not sure what it is if I haven't already touched on it in some way. There aren't very many other aspects to scaffolding that I can see besides what we've discussed. :-/
Okay, to word it another way, I was disappointed that scaffolding would be losing one of its unique features, but was happy block swapping is coming altogether.
On the other hand, I'm glad that scaffolding still has other things going for it, such as the large amount, the unique mechanics with the various scaffolding-specific items, etc.
I think I may have misinterpreted your post as suggesting I'd said it would be pointless and should be removed, but looking back, you were just stating the uses it still has which I agreed with. I'm not sure how I managed to completely misinterpret what you were trying to explain there. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom