PS4 Moon Lord Solo

What is the highest level boss you can solo in expert mode?

• Moon Lord

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Duke Fishron

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Plantera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wall of Flesh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, right

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

GreyGhost11B

Skeletron Prime
Say you were to take the Moon Lord crash bug and lagging and such out of the game. Would it be possible to solo the big guy in expert mode? I can do it normal mode but so far have gotten my teeth kicked in in expert mode. I am no slouch at the game but must be missing something. All the uber Terraites out there, how do you do it?

Say you were to take the Moon Lord crash bug and lagging and such out of the game. Would it be possible to solo the big guy in expert mode? I can do it normal mode but so far have gotten my teeth kicked in in expert mode. I am no slouch at the game but must be missing something. All the uber Terraites out there, how do you do it?
For me, lots (and lots) of potions, and lots of regen accessories. I am not great at dodging and aiming at the same time, so I just try to dodge (or least just keep moving) and hope my weapon is going near the hit box. :merchantgrin:

For me, lots (and lots) of potions, and lots of regen accessories. I am not great at dodging and aiming at the same time, so I just try to dodge (or least just keep moving) and hope my weapon is going near the hit box. :merchantgrin:
I do the same with the potions. Have you soloed in expert mode? If so, I am impressed.

With the right preparations and/or arena you can solo anything, expert mode or not. For Moon Lord a very common 'trick' is to use the Nurse when low on health. Some may consider that cheating, but if you take into account how well the Nurse survives the encounter compared to the other npcs that is probably a strategy that Re-logic has thought of and approved.

you can do it in expert mode but IT NEEDS HEALING FROM THE NURSE (don't let her die) AND/OR HONEY AND/OR CAMPFIRE/HEART LANTERN (which are similar accesories)!

Thank you both for the replies. I use both campfires and heart lanterns, 3-4 of each in my arena. I also have a small layer of honey over spikes I got from the dungeon that should be activating my star veil and providing me with some level of immunity. I currently am set up in a chamber up off the ground. While it limits my mobility, it also provides complete protection from his deathray. Maybe the trade off is sub optimal? I also use a number of potions; regen, endurance, rage, inferno, ironskin, life force, wrath and sometimes thorns. Generally there is a flask of some sort, excepting confusion, involved as well. Weapon of choice has been the solar eruption. High level accessories are employed and I wear solar armor. The only thing I have not done under this scenario is set up the Nurse for healing. I have been concerned that she would just die quickly and be of no use. I may consider setting her up away from the arena and using a teleporter to jump back and forth. I have a stardust dragon and try to employ, at least initially, a lunar portal and a rainbow crystal as sentry minions. Maybe the Nurse will make the difference or maybe I should try to maneuver around and use my cell phone to get to the Nurse when needed then teleport back into the battle area when healed. Any thoughts other than 'Damn! He wastes a lot of resources for not stomping the Moon Lord.' All constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks! If not for the crashing bug, I would be teaming with folks constantly to farm Moonie.

As long as your arena isn't too small, you shouldn't need to worry about the nurse dying. My arena is pretty small [video]. When I first built it, it was even smaller and the nurse died quite often. But by making it slightly wider her survival rate increased a lot. Now she only dies if the fight is drawn out during the final stage.

Oh yeah Protip: Destroy the eyes as simultaniously as possible. The longer the True Eyes are active, the more likely you will lose.

As long as your arena isn't too small, you shouldn't need to worry about the nurse dying. My arena is pretty small [video]. When I first built it, it was even smaller and the nurse died quite often. But by making it slightly wider her survival rate increased a lot. Now she only dies if the fight is drawn out during the final stage.

Oh yeah Protip: Destroy the eyes as simultaniously as possible. The longer the True Eyes are active, the more likely you will lose.
Thanks for the response. So you are using the BIG stardust dragon, Summoner armor? Early on are you using any weapon?

Thanks for the response. So you are using the BIG stardust dragon, Summoner armor? Early on are you using any weapon?
That video was just a test doing a summoner run, I had Tiki armor and just the Stardiust dragon. I didn't use any weapons.

Usually I do a mage run. The first time I beat ML I had Spectre armor (max damage option) and Razorblade Typhon. And a ton of potions. Later runs I have managed to beat ML without potions.

I also have a small layer of honey over spikes I got from the dungeon that should be activating my star veil and providing me with some level of immunity.
Hi there @GreyGhost11B, I’m sorry to tell you aren’t getting the immunity you think you are from the spikes. :)

Moon Lord’s attacks have their own immunity cooldown. Which means that you are not immune from Moon Lord’s attacks if you take damage from an enemy or a spike. If you take damage from the Moon Lord, you’ll be immune for its own cooldown duration.

So if part of your set-up includes standing on spikes to get some immunity, it’s actually not helping.

Hi there @GreyGhost11B, I’m sorry to tell you aren’t getting the immunity you think you are from the spikes. :)

Moon Lord’s attacks have their own immunity cooldown. Which means that you are not immune from Moon Lord’s attacks if you take damage from an enemy or a spike. If you take damage from the Moon Lord, you’ll be immune for its own cooldown duration.

So if part of your set-up includes standing on spikes to get some immunity, it’s actually not helping.
Thank you, Unit One. I obviously did not know this. Better to get rid of the spikes and be able to move faster. Any other suggestions or advice? I am not too humble to take any guidance. Do espouse the strategy of taking the hand eyes almost all the way down then taking out the head eye before destroying the hands before moving to the lower eye?

Thank you, Unit One. I obviously did not know this. Better to get rid of the spikes and be able to move faster. Any other suggestions or advice? I am not too humble to take any guidance. Do espouse the strategy of taking the hand eyes almost all the way down then taking out the head eye before destroying the hands before moving to the lower eye?
Absolutely, the advice from r4 to try and kill all the head and hands at the same time that way is great. It’s what I try to do when fighting the Moon Lord, but once I’m in the fight I get panicked and never manage to successfully do it. ~:D That’s my own stumble though.

Problem with PS4 is that sometimes aiming can be awkward. Chlorophyte bullets help but at endgame I prefer different bullets. This does mean Range is a lot harder. When i played with a controller on PC it had a option to lock on the target. Would really like that to be on here.

Back
Top Bottom