Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

Good RNG
Got Nature's Gift in the beginning of a new world
Got 2-3 Frozen Key molds in one event
at least 2-5 Broken Hero swords every eclipse
Crafted Legendary Night's Edge
Crafted Legendary Fiery Greatsword
Spawned with Legendary Copper Pickaxe
First time I ever played Terraria, found Enchanted Sword in a little ditch that leads to a cave after 5 minutes of gameplay

Bad RNG
Took 2 weeks to find 1 hallowed key mold
Took 25 Duke Fishrons to get 1 Flairon
Never found Hermes Boots until a week later
Had a meteor with at least 5 blocks of meteroite spawn...

Terraria has some weird RNG

Got a Megaphone and a clock from a single pixie twice in a row so there’s that. And instantly reforged my Dao of Pow to Godly.
[doublepost=1521477217,1521477077][/doublepost]
Got a Megaphone and a clock from a single pixie twice in a row so there’s that. And instantly reforged my Dao of Pow to Godly.
Also I’ve killed about 100 demons and haven’t gotten a single Scythe.

Killed Duke by ranger: Unreal Tsunami
Killed Duke by mage: Razorblade, Wings and Mask
[doublepost=1521490496,1521489928][/doublepost]I went to hardmode dungeon. The first enemy I've seen was a Diabolist...
Yeah, you're right. I got an Inferno Fork

[doublepost=1521477217,1521477077][/doublepost]
Also I’ve killed about 100 demons and haven’t gotten a single Scythe.
Sometimes I get a megaphone and a clock from the same Pixie. This usually happens when I'm making a farm on a a hardmode world and they're spawning left and right.

First REAL Enchanted Sword Shrine I found (I'd found three or four fakes before, which is a nice change of pace, given how many real ones I've seen in mobile.)... Break it... and it's an Arkhalis.

(It's my favorite weapon now. Might consoder getting that level-up mod to make the damage from it extreme, just for funsidoodles.)

Oh, and a Legendary reforge upon crafting a Night's Edge happened before that.

Last edited:
in my Spirit Playthrough, I got a Demon's Scythe from the first demon kill (much like how Akrobeau did), with the Furious Modifier (which adds more dmg and knockback rate, but consumes tons of lots of mana)

My luckiest moment ever was probably getting BOTH twin trophies on the first kill in one of my games...
Wow, that's lucky! I remember (on mobile) getting Retinazer's on one kill and Spazmatism's on the next (could've been the other way around but it was literally back-to-back), but I wasn't THAT lucky!

Walks by a small lava pool. Gets a Legenday Beam Sword & Corruption Key.

Goes into dungeon after Plantera just hoping to see a few new enemies. 5 minutes later I’m checking out my new Mythical Inferno Fork, Forceful Tactical Shotgun, Legendary Kraken, and Unreal Sniper Rifle. Why am I suddenly a god?​

First Pirate Map: Gold Ring drop. Nice.

Second Pirate Map: Coin- COIN GUN?!

Edit: Fourth Pirate Map: Another Gold Ring drop. This is great. (Thought first drop was Greedy, my bad)

Last edited:
I found a shrine with a enchanted sword!

...in my gun playthrough.

Also, I recently killed the destroyer and got a Sealed Bag from SacredTools.
It was filled with the Nanoplasmatic set + Cleaver, which is currently a strong weapon. Not because of it's damage, but homing and infinite piercing.

On my mage playthrough, i got 2 magma stones and 3 obsidian roses (these suck anyways)
while building a bridge for wall of flesh. When i killed the wall, i got a laser rifle AND a sorcerer emblem.
Also, on another playthrough, i was fighting wall of flesh with some beenades and got killed, when he had very low hp. Then, some bees (i think 5) did come and killed him after i died, when i was on the "you died" screen.

Recently killed WoF, it droopped ONLY Pwnhammer and assault rifle. Then the first mimic in the world spawns almost next to me, I somehow manage to not get killed (bee armor) as my imps dispatch the scary thing while I run away, and it drops philosopher's stone.

it looks im generally lucky to get items i dont need.
i killed a chaos elemental, and it dropped a BLESSED APPLE.
i mean, on my another world i got like 5 of these.
First Pirate Map: Gold Ring drop. Nice.

Second Pirate Map: Coin- COIN GUN?!

Edit: Fourth Pirate Map: Another Gold Ring drop. This is great. (Thought first drop was Greedy, my bad)
i got 2 coin guns (if i call back right, it have half the chance of dropping) before i got the lucky coin.

I got a Snowball Launcher while exploring the Snow Biome, with about 30 Snow Flinxes killed in the whole playthrough.

i got 5/6 bandages from werewolves in a full blood moon, and the last one i killed dropped the moon charm (the thing i actually wanted)
also, in a solar eclipse, i got 3 moon stones and and one neptune shell. two of the moon stones dropped at almost the same time.
Edit: i also got 3 butcherer chainsaws.

Last edited:
I once made a new character to test different gear on my main world and the first slime I killed dropped a slime staff, and that wasn't the only time that happened.

Back
Top Bottom