tModLoader Magic Storage

I wanted to ask a quick question, so I have less than 100 items in my storages. When I'm trying to search for an item in the search bar it doesn't show up even if it's in the storage.I don't know is it supposed to be like that, btw I just started using this mod and I'm having lots of trouble using it.Also when I try to look up an item I can craft in the Crafting Interface it also doesn't show up! I love your mod btw!

Last edited:
I wanted to ask a quick question, so I have less than 100 items in my storages. When I'm trying to search for an item in the search bar it doesn't show up even if it's in the storage.I don't know is it supposed to be like that, btw I just started using this mod and I'm having lots of trouble using it.Also when I try to look up an item I can craft in the Crafting Interface it also doesn't show up! I love your mod btw!
When you search, use all lowercase characters. There is a small bug that is changing almost everything in the string comparison to lower case EXCEPT for what you enter in the text box. Typing all lower case is a way to work around this.

Also, not every mod on an item will show up when searching by description. Be cautious of that. And the "Mod" box is to search by game mod, not item mod. So if you put "magic" in there, it would find all items that were added to the game by the Magic Storage mod, not mods that have the word "magic" in the description.

When you search, use all lowercase characters. There is a small bug that is changing almost everything in the string comparison to lower case EXCEPT for what you enter in the text box. Typing all lower case is a way to work around this.

Also, not every mod on an item will show up when searching by description. Be cautious of that. And the "Mod" box is to search by game mod, not item mod. So if you put "magic" in there, it would find all items that were added to the game by the Magic Storage mod, not mods that have the word "magic" in the description.
Thanks a lot man!

There's a couple QoL things that I'd love to see added to this life changing mod:

1. First, more room for different crafting benches in the crafting interface. When you have lots of mods, this fills up really fast.
  2. In the Recipe mod you can sort by tooltip text which is really useful when you are looking for ranged weapons or summoning stuff, etc. I'd like to see more ways to sort what you have, in both the crafting interface, and the regular one. It's really difficult to figure out what next weapon I can make or what I should make when all I can sort by is weapons...weapon tabs by damage type would be very useful.
  3. Please add a way to insert items into the storage system from the crafting interface. In Minecraft, for example, the crafting grids are upgrades to the normal grid. You don't have to use one or the other and switch back and forth.
Anyway, this mod is by far one of the best out there. Thank you for all your work on it!

Bug
i needed silk to make a bed i had like 2 cobwebs no make silk
i went underground to get more and got like 300~
i clicked deposit and when i went to craft the silk i still had 2 cobwebs
the storage system just trashed my cobwebs

There's a couple QoL things that I'd love to see added to this life changing mod:

1. First, more room for different crafting benches in the crafting interface. When you have lots of mods, this fills up really fast.
  2. In the Recipe mod you can sort by tooltip text which is really useful when you are looking for ranged weapons or summoning stuff, etc. I'd like to see more ways to sort what you have, in both the crafting interface, and the regular one. It's really difficult to figure out what next weapon I can make or what I should make when all I can sort by is weapons...weapon tabs by damage type would be very useful.
  3. Please add a way to insert items into the storage system from the crafting interface. In Minecraft, for example, the crafting grids are upgrades to the normal grid. You don't have to use one or the other and switch back and forth.
Anyway, this mod is by far one of the best out there. Thank you for all your work on it!

1: I agree with this point
2:Yes please!
3: I would like to be able to use ingredients in my inventory plus whats in the storage when crafting, but I don't really think it needs the full item depositing/withdrawing interface features that the other tiles have.

Bug
i needed silk to make a bed i had like 2 cobwebs no make silk
i went underground to get more and got like 300~
i clicked deposit and when i went to craft the silk i still had 2 cobwebs
the storage system just trashed my cobwebs

Are you sure that the cobwebs are not sitting in your ammo slots? I know all of my cob webs end up there and the "Deposit" button does not grab them automatically.

49aKpOy.png

BvBfRFX.png

Error in reading custom player data for Loot
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.LoadGlobals(Item item, IList`1 list)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.Load(Item item, TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.Load(TagCompound tag)
at MagicStorage.Components.TEStorageUnit.Load(TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.LoadTileEntities(IList`1 list)

Inner Exception:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Loot.System.ModifierPool.ApplyModifiers(Item item)
at Loot.EMMItem.Load(Item item, TagCompound tag)

Tried to delete the normal world saves and the backup but it didn't solve anything,
I can enter my world with the backup but no matter what when i try to save & exit, the world does not save (without getting any error).

My Mods:

Even More Modifiers v0.0.10.5
JoostMod v0.7.0.2
HERO's Mod {Disabled} v0.2.0.2
Helpful NPCs (Miner, Botanist & More) v0.1.2
AlchemistNPC v6.9.1
WeaponOut v1.6.3
Auto Trash v0.2.1.3
Luiafk 1.0.0.128
Recipe Browser v0.6.1.3
Chad's Furniture Mod v1.4.0.3
Magic Storage v0.4.3.1
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.2.1
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.3
Elemental Unleash v1.3.2.3
Spirit Mod v1.3.3.1
Witch Mod Is This From? v2.4
Wing Slot v1.3.2
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls v0.16.2
Furniture, Food and Fun v1.7.2.4
MaxStackPlus v3.2
imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1
-imkSushi's Data Packs v1.0.1
-imkSushi's Death Counters Mod v1.1.1
-imkSushi Naturally Occuring Moons Mod v1.0.2
Calamity Mod v1.3.1.1

I am using Win. 10

There seems to be a problem with your Mod. When I play multiplayer and I place a storage Heart. I remove it to move it somewhere else but instead of getting the storage heart I get a storage connector. Placing it again gives me the storage remote access and placing it YET AGAIn and removing it gives me a black diamond.

Can someone tell me whats going on here

So... i downloaded your mod and wanted to make the ultimate storage system. And here i am connecting all the pieces and stacking my chests to the new Magic Storage... and Boom! the magic happend and it crashed!
So i went back to my world and yet another magic - the Storage is gone! all my items are gone! T_T

My game worked perfectly fine with dozens of mods and yours clearly crashing the game....

Your mod is awsome, but PLZ fix this crash!

Could you please add controller support, and maybe up the drop chance of the gem required for the final upgrade, cause we already know by the point you need them you can kill moonlord quickly anyways, otherwise it is the best mod I've ever seen, we had a huge storage room, filled with chests (all sorted), then we found your mod and I made a small system, which held twice as much as the huge room we had, and I'm currently getting prepared to upgrade it to luminite.

49aKpOy.png

BvBfRFX.png

Inner Exception:

Tried to delete the normal world saves and the backup but it didn't solve anything,
I can enter my world with the backup but no matter what when i try to save & exit, the world does not save (without getting any error).

My Mods:

JoostMod v0.7.0.2
AlchemistNPC v6.9.1
WeaponOut v1.6.3
Auto Trash v0.2.1.3
Luiafk 1.0.0.128
Recipe Browser v0.6.1.3
Magic Storage v0.4.3.1
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.3
Spirit Mod v1.3.3.1
Wing Slot v1.3.2
MaxStackPlus v3.2
imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1
Calamity Mod v1.3.1.1

I am using Win. 10
I am getting the same error, windows 10 also. I have similar mods and this is the one ruining backups/loading. It needs an update!

I am getting the same error, windows 10 also. I have similar mods and this is the one ruining backups/loading. It needs an update!
This error also just showed up for me, Win 10 as well, only i dont seem to have a back-up of magic storage, meaning i cant even load the world anymore.

This error also just showed up for me, Win 10 as well, only i dont seem to have a back-up of magic storage, meaning i cant even load the world anymore.
49aKpOy.png

BvBfRFX.png

Inner Exception:

My Mods:

JoostMod v0.7.0.2
AlchemistNPC v6.9.1
WeaponOut v1.6.3
Auto Trash v0.2.1.3
Luiafk 1.0.0.128
Recipe Browser v0.6.1.3
Magic Storage v0.4.3.1
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.3
Spirit Mod v1.3.3.1
Wing Slot v1.3.2
MaxStackPlus v3.2
imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1
Calamity Mod v1.3.1.1

I am using Win. 10
Can you all send me your player and world files in a private message? This is an error with Even More Modifiers specifically, some kind of loading issue for items. If you can send me the files, I can figure it out and it's fixed next update.

All fixed. (Update the mod)

Last edited:
Whats the best way to stop the chunks from being unloaded when on multiplayer? Is it by spreading out the chests basically?

This mod works correctly in multiplayer?
Yes. There was a bug that would cause the chunk where the storage heart is located to become corrupted in multiplayer only if the heart was storing more than 2,000 items. I'm not sure if that's been fixed. But under 2,000 items, it works fine.
[doublepost=1524370093,1524370018][/doublepost]
Whats the best way to stop the chunks from being unloaded when on multiplayer? Is it by spreading out the chests basically?
Don't go over 2,000 items per heart. The easiest way to do this in my experience is to use one heart for equips and another heart for crafting materials. This approach works well when you have a separate mod like Calamity that provides extra sources of gems.

Yes. There was a bug that would cause the chunk where the storage heart is located to become corrupted in multiplayer only if the heart was storing more than 2,000 items. I'm not sure if that's been fixed. But under 2,000 items, it works fine.
[doublepost=1524370093,1524370018][/doublepost]
Don't go over 2,000 items per heart. The easiest way to do this in my experience is to use one heart for equips and another heart for crafting materials. This approach works well when you have a separate mod like Calamity that provides extra sources of gems.

Does it matter on how close the hearts are? Like for instance if I have a house setup with one heart on one side and the other on the other side does it matter? I assumed it had something to do with how much data was being stored in one little spot

In my case, I wasn't able to fix the issue when it happened in my recent MP game. I reduced my storage down to <1700 items in SP, but the chunk still would not load when I put the world back in MP - which is unfortunate, because we got quite far into Calamity on that server and we had to restart due to the loss of our items.

In my case, I wasn't able to fix the issue when it happened in my recent MP game. I reduced my storage down to <1700 items in SP, but the chunk still would not load when I put the world back in MP - which is unfortunate, because we got quite far into Calamity on that server and we had to restart due to the loss of our items.

Wait I might have the solution, the problem is all the date is allotted to the single spot, if you split the chests into multiple different locations across your world using the wireless things you can effectively split the storage in half, the first heart will have to be connected and you can do mass item movement by shifting things with the storage wand, but this is what mine looks like, basically the 3 wooden blocks on the left are individual storage hearts, all connected wireless to the main house, it will take some screwing around to find the perfect thing, but we currently have over 2000 items in our seperate chests ( 500, 700ish 500 500 ) and the server works perfectly with 40+ mods

Attachments

• Screenshot_35.png
    Screenshot_35.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 441
Back
Top Bottom