tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I hate to be a bother, but when will the next update be, roughly? Those "visual issues on macs" are pretty hard to play with - I seem to grow a third arm with a new sword when I attack, and there's a normal vanilla-terraria sprite of my character behind the one with all the new character animations and such.

Not really a big issue, but it'd be nice if some more of the weapons in Thorium were compatibilized, specifically guns. Bows, melee, magic, etc work fine, but guns act like vanilla weapons - which really is a downer when you try out some of the overhauled guns.

Other than that, I've been enjoying the mod and I can't wait for improvements and more content.

Not really a big issue, but it'd be nice if some more of the weapons in Thorium were compatibilized, specifically guns. Bows, melee, magic, etc work fine, but guns act like vanilla weapons - which really is a downer when you try out some of the overhauled guns.

Other than that, I've been enjoying the mod and I can't wait for improvements and more content.

Sadly i doubt the mod authors of Thorium/Calamity/Spirit would do anything about making their guns and bows have the awesome affects from Overhaul, might be a lot of work to do that, or maybe not as i don't know squat about modding Terraria. I wouldnt find myself using many of the vanilla Terraria weapons if im using all the huge content mods as they all overpower vanilla stuff so like you said. There's some pretty wickedly awesome modded guns that would feel amazing to fire if they had better sound affects. Maybe i should do a Minishark/Megashark only playthrough, i can fire that gun allllllll day lol

Would absolutely love to have the M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens with the actual sound effect *drools*
[doublepost=1523659654,1523659085][/doublepost]So noticed on the front page it says 2.1.4 is the latest version, but theres 2.1.6 on the mod browser. Any significant changes worth noting?

Thank you for the item pop cap limit option upto 450. Might I request an option that offers upto 1k item entities for beefy machines?

I honestly think it's about time Terraria joined the 64bit era though.

I played around with the shotgun provided in the overhaul mod and enjoyed it. I hope you endeavor to add more guns to your mod, even though I know it's a mechanics mod. +1 fun points for the shotgun.

In vanilla if you hold shift over, say, a block, it automatically pulls out your pickaxe even if it's not in your hotbar. And if you hold shift over the air it pulls out torches. Usually once you start using the pickaxe you can't use any other item as long as you're holding down the left mouse button. But now even though I hold down left mouse, if I move the cursor off of a tile and into the air it switches to torches. Meaning I can't mine properly without being forced to use my pickaxe in the hotbar. Again, a very small complaint, but one I think is worth mentioning
Added it to known issues, will fix in next update.
Not to whine, but has there been any word on this? It's extremely jarring to be mining using Smart-Cursor and have your pick suddenly turn into a sword or a torch. Thank you. :)

Last edited:
For some reason, only Terraria Overhaul causes this on launch.

Attachments

• 105600_screenshots_20180417214638_1.jpg
    105600_screenshots_20180417214638_1.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 282
My only real Issue with this Mod is how during rainstorms the rain forms Pools of water and wash away my campfires/torches
Any way I can disable that?

My only real Issue with this Mod is how during rainstorms the rain forms Pools of water and wash away my campfires/torches
Any way I can disable that?

Don't put your torches on the floor then. It's no different to caving.
[doublepost=1524222023,1524221886][/doublepost]
For some reason, only Terraria Overhaul causes this on launch.

THat happens when I'm using too many mods My guess is you have Thorium or similarly large packs trying to load with this/

that doesn't solve the water pooling problem at all, having ponds and lakes form during rainstorms annoys me more than the water block spawns washing away torches.
Make drainage then I dunno. I like it. the water evaporates or you can drain it into your hellevator.

Though I would agree certain things need tweaking as to what's submergeable and flamable. The blocks seem fine but furniature all seems to be flamable no matter what it is.

Is the quick action supposed to be like a radial wheel where you can add multiple items? I haven't been able to find much information on the web in general about how this functions exactly.

I'm trying to figure out how to add more than just the copper short sword if it's meant to hold more than one item or change which item is for quick use if it is intended to be just the one item for that feature.

Back
Top Bottom