PC Strategy for Defeating Mechanical Bosses. (For newbies to hardmode)

Did this help any?

• No, your advice is trash.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EyeofPizzathulhu

Official Terrarian
A good strategy for beating the mechanical bosses would be to get the Onyx Blaster, Daedalus Stormbow, Normal Healing Potions, and Adamantite Armor.

• Onyx Blaster.
Farm Corruption/Crimson Dark Mummies, Use the gold coins gotten from said mummies to buy the Shotgun, and go into any Corruption/Crimson infected cave to get the souls of night.

• Daedalus Stormbow.
Your best bet here is to make a Elevator to a major cave system, wait for the cave system to be infected by Hallow, and farm the souls of light. Once you feel prepared, (Yo-Yo, Potions, Repeaters, whatever) craft a Key of Light, place it in a chest, and fight a Hallowed Mimic. Farm the Mimics till it drops the Stormbow, then using the gold you got from the Mimics, upgrade your bow until you get superior or such.

• Healing Potions.
Usually can be found on lower cave levels, also dropped by Hallowed Mimics and WoF.

• Adamantite Armor
Usually you need to first destroy 6 Demon Alters. Then go to the Underworld, keeping to the top. There should be enough Adamantite there to craft a full set of armor plus the forge and a few weapons.

Arena Setup.

• The easiest thing to do is to make a Cobalt/Palladium/Mythril/Orchalcum pickaxe or drill, and mine into a hill into you have somewhat of a square like area. An easier idea is to make an arena like this for Skeletron, and reuse it. After completing that step, fill every other space with wooden platforms till you see fit to stop. Your Arena is now complete! :)

Boss Fight.

• When the fighting begins, start out by using your Daedalus Stormbow against the boss. The best arrows to use are Holy Arrows, due to the falling stars that they summon. Holy Arrows can be crafted 200 at a time, using 1 Unicorn Horn, 200 Wooden Arrows, and 3 Pixie Dust. Usually using the Stormbow will quickly take out the Destroyer. The Twins can also be beaten using just the StormBow, though using the Onyx Blaster will help some in the second stage. Skeletron Prime is, fairly easy, if you have wings. If not, it can still pose a very dangerous threat. Using the Stormbow to take out the arms is the best bet, and then using remaining arrows and the Onyx Blaster can finish it off.

Congrats! You've beat all three bosses! :cool::pinky:

If this is positively received, I might make a few more!

Last edited:
Great guide! I found that the Dart Pistol, (dropped by Mimics) worked really well against the Destroyer as it can damage multiple segments at a time. Also, when you get good gear, it can help to go to the corruption/crimson and break three shadow orbs/hearts to summon The Brain of Cthulhu. At the point in the game where I am, the boss does barely any damage to me and is taken out with a few hits. It drops a lot of Crimtane Ore, which can be cooked into Crimtane. After that, you can sell the Crimtane to your NPC. I had 999 (x2) after killing The Brain of Cthulhu a few times, which sold for relatively 39 gold. :brain: :happy:

Great guide! I found that the Dart Pistol, (dropped by Mimics) worked really well against the Destroyer as it can damage multiple segments at a time. Also, when you get good gear, it can help to go to the corruption/crimson and break three shadow orbs/hearts to summon The Brain of Cthulhu. At the point in the game where I am, the boss does barely any damage to me and is taken out with a few hits. It drops a lot of Crimtane Ore, which can be cooked into Crimtane. After that, you can sell the Crimtane to your NPC. I had 999 (x2) after killing The Brain of Cthulhu a few times, which sold for relatively 39 gold. :brain: :happy:

Awesome Idea! I didn't have any hardmode crimson worlds at the time of this post, so I didn't realize all that you could do! Thanks!

If you have good armour and lots of mana the demon scythe can be effective against the destroyer if you can aim well :merchantgrin:

Back
Top Bottom