Other Literature Store Wraith - comic about monsters, ravishness and references to Legend of Maxx

Do you have a wish to see the redone strips?

• Yes, why not, because text is unreadable

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No, this is part of the history

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I'll be honest here, not bad at all. I think some of the humor is a little bit forced such as the sound of silence bit, but overall, pretty good!

If you really want the text...well... readable, I say either add a text outline or a flat out speech bubble.

I'll be honest here, not bad at all. I think some of the humor is a little bit forced such as the sound of silence bit, but overall, pretty good!

If you really want the text...well... readable, I say either add a text outline or a flat out speech bubble.

best day in my life
or not
i'm not sure

My elder brother also told me about comic bubbles or text outlines, but i'm using text tool from Paint.NET and manually adding outlines is kind of annoyingly useless. Bubbles is better, but... Look at strips size! It's nearly impossible to add some kind of speech bubbles to pages! Well, i can resize all sprites like in The Legend of Maxx, but i'm too lazy to do this and i don't see any advantages in that (imho). But i think on that problem.

Wait... @MiltVala , can you give the cue about solution of this problem? I really appreciate any kind of help to improve quality of whole comic in future.

best day in my life
or not
i'm not sure

My elder brother also told me about comic bubbles or text outlines, but i'm using text tool from Paint.NET and manually adding outlines is kind of annoyingly useless. Bubbles is better, but... Look at strips size! It's nearly impossible to add some kind of speech bubbles to pages! Well, i can resize all sprites like in The Legend of Maxx, but i'm too lazy to do this and i don't see any advantages in that (imho). But i think on that problem.

Wait... @MiltVala , can you give the cue about solution of this problem? I really appreciate any kind of help to improve quality of whole comic in future.
From what I can tell, there is a way to add bordered text in paint.net

Select the letters, put it in a new layer, then Effects>Object>Outline Object.

You might need to find somebody who's used paint.net for more tips, I'm basing this off of what I do in PS, and what other people have said online.

From what I can tell, there is a way to add bordered text in paint.net

Select the letters, put it in a new layer, then Effects>Object>Outline Object.

You might need to find somebody who's used paint.net for more tips, I'm basing this off of what I do in PS, and what other people have said online.

Thanks anyway!

I really appreciate any kind of help to improve quality of whole comic in future.
So neither outlines nor dialogue boxes...hmm...
Can you do a dialogue box at the bottom of the strip?
Something like this:
Text Box.jpg

The dialogues will look like those of a Pokemon Game or basically any old or vintage game.

Just an idea.

So neither outlines nor dialogue boxes...hmm...
Can you do a dialogue box at the bottom of the strip?
Something like this: View attachment 185724

The dialogues will look like those of a Pokemon Game or basically any old or vintage game.

Just an idea.

No, it reminds me Homestuck. It's great comic, but it's impossible to read him because he designed like a... some kind of game. Only I don't like this idea?

If nothing of previously mentioned methods do not help, i can try to make Pokemon dialogues.

Hello, Terrarians! My notebook (or laptop, who cares) is finally repaired and I'm ready to make new strips! Yey, awesome. Only one thing can be more awesome - I finally solved the problem with the visibility of the text. Now it will be placed in dialogue boxes - you can see it in the first of the "shorts". Oh yeah, Shorts are not related to the main comic series - they are rather my reaction to any events disguised as a humorous situation. So this is all news, a new strip will arrive most likely in 5-6 days.

Wait, guys. I want to ask.

As you knew, (from this moment) I put text in dialogue boxes. After realising this, I asked myself: "hey man, maybe you can remake your first comic strips to give them cooler look?" So, if you WANT me to do this, let me know. I won't change anything until community tell their opinion.

Just in case I leave the poll in thread. Bye.

New strip is out. Yeah, it's like a New Year gift to you all.

Also a quick bonus.
msyKFwo.gif
I don't know what I am thinking about, but this is Gangsta Dan with awesome tommy-gun which has been stealed from Snowman Gangsta :D

3 months... That's pretty long period of laziness. New strip is out.

(To be honest, I had to finish 8-9 strips in this three months, but I had many thing to do IRL).

Back
Top Bottom