Mobile House Building

B-Fuzzle

Terrarian
So I am very bad at building houses, and I want to make a few houses. The problem is, I don’t know what blocks look good together. I am endgame, and can really get mostly any block. Any good builders know block combinations that look good together?

What do your houses look like currently? It's helpful to have a starting point so we know where to go from there.

p.s. The design of that "M" in my signature was my doing (under a different username that I lost the login to), so there's at least somewhat of an example. I generally try to go with colors that are somewhat similar to each other, but with a reasonable amount of contrast so they still stand out, but some people are more adventurous and manage to find really contrasted blocks that somehow work together.

I rarely ever build houses separated from each other, which is what I’m trying to do. My houses currently are just big square rooms stacked on top of each other to make a tower of rooms.

This is a general idea of what they look like, placed next to each other

Attachments

• E01A29B9-A479-4FF4-B12F-016E7E2EEB6A.png
    E01A29B9-A479-4FF4-B12F-016E7E2EEB6A.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 339
So do houses look good with wood walls and a wooden ceiling/roof? Or should I use a different block for the ceiling/roof? Also I’m going to try and have triangular roofs, so idk if certain blocks look better for triangle roofs.

I highly recommend using more organic shapes for a big improvement right away. They don't always have to look perfectly sharp and straight, especially underground (unless that's what you're going for, but even then you can still vary the shapes). I'll get on my PC world and get a screenshot as an example of what I mean. It's a work in progress so it's not too detailed yet, but it does have a few notable characteristics that I can point out for tips.

Back
Top Bottom