NPCs & Enemies A little idea

wat do u tink

• Yaaaaaas

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nuuuuuuu

• Meh....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You should add... (specify in the comments)

• Total voters

BluE22

Skeletron Prime
so i had a little idea, so I thought, why not!

Some bosses can randomly spawn, so why not some more of them randomly spawning!

You sense a dark curse nearby: skeletron
Random chance at the beginning of the night after Skeletron in the outer two thirds of the world

You hear a buzzing noise in the distance... Queen bee
Post queen bee in the jungle

Nature itself seems to have turned against you... plantera
Post plantera, in underground jungle

Last edited:
Hi there @funnycomedyhumor, welcome to the forums. In the Suggestions section, we have some rules and guidelines for our members to adhere to. One of the rules is to offer constructive criticism for any suggestion. A dismissive reply of simply "no" is not the kind of content we are looking for here.

I can't say it any better than Leinfors, so here is a quote from the rules:
- Trollish or meme-like rejections = There are an abundance of threads which are inundated with content-less negative comments like "nopenopenopenope" or "Just no". This kind of negative dismissal indicates one thing to me: that you aren't interested enough to post constructive feedback, but - for some reason - you still want to get in some sort of jab at the poster to express your displeasure. Even if you continue on to give feedback, there is no need for this kind of curt expression of disrespect. If you don't like a suggestion, say why. Say "I don't like this suggestion, because-" while taking care to be respectful of the person making the suggestion.

You can read all of the guidelines here, and please pay special attention to the "Criticism Guidelines" section.
Player Suggestions: Rules & Guidelines

If you have any questions, you can send me a private message by clicking on the 'Start a Conversation' link that appears under my avatar at the bottom.

Pretty much.

Launching a boss at the player out of the blue before they're prepared or geared is not fun for the vast majority. They could even be just building for all we know. It interrupts the flow of gameplay and creates needless wastes of time. Especially Skeletron, which is near-unbeatable without proper warning.

The mech bosses are already annoying when they do this, we don't need every boss to do it. It doesn't add challenge, it adds annoyance. It can even prove lethal on Expert Hardcore worlds, with bosses on the difficulty levels of Skeletron and Plantera without preperation.

This happens quite commonly to me, I've had Skeletron Prime summon himself 3 times and The Twins once. Some players are new to the game and don't know how to take on the bosses, for my support maybe there should be some sort of additional requirement. Maybe the said bosses will only summon if the player has a certain level of gear, etc.

so i had a little idea, so I thought, why not!

Some bosses can randomly spawn, so why not some more of them randomly spawning!

You sense a dark curse nearby: skeletron
Random chance at the beginning of the night after Skeletron in the outer two thirds of the world

You hear a buzzing noise in the distance... Queen bee
Post queen bee in the jungle

Nature itself seems to have turned against you... plantera
Post plantera, in underground jungle
What would be the point?
1. None of us want a Skeletron spawning at random, travelling all the way across the world to kill us and our NPCs! Also, it doesn't seem very fitting that a Skeletron would just hurdle towards us at MACH FREAKIN' 23 away from the dungeon to kill us. Defeating him would grant us access to the dungeon, but new players wouldn't know the first thing about where the dungeon was!
2. Queen Bees emerging randomly from the jungle is like the Dungeon Guardian in the dungeon. It's basically just a barrier to keep you from going into the jungle. Nobody wants that.
3. Plantera. With a difficult boss like that randomly spawning, I would stay FAR out of the jungle until at least Hallowed Armor.

Back
Top Bottom