Votes: 8 8.2%
  • no

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • DELET THIS IM CRINGING SO HARD RN

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • [other]

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
`:D Yes! Another Steampunker! And the Mushroom stuff is cool too I guess. `:p Seriously though, this is a great suggestion. I've always wanted the Mushroom biome too get more love from the devs, and I think this could even fit into 1.4.7 or something along those lines very well, with a little polish. Though we mobile players won't get it until 2020... Our lack of 1.3 aside, keep working at it, and I'd say there's a pretty good chance of you joining the ranks of fans that helped with 1.4, along with that one person whose name I can't remember who suggested spider furniture. Good luck! `:)

Interesting, I like it. Needs a bit of work, though - I'm concerned about how to summon Duke Fishron, for example. Maybe make it so the Truffle Worm only spawns in mushroom caves in Jungle worlds, while Mushroom worlds will spawn a Datana Major larva(you can view it here, just beware of standard larva grossness) in jungle caves. Both of them are functionally identical and will summon Duke Fishron when fished in the ocean. Also, the honey substitute in the BFG caves seem a bit lackluster and outright inferior to beehive honey, since it only inflicts slowness instead of regeneration. I propose having Mushroom "honey" being turned into the fabled 4th liquid labelled "Spore fluid" and behaves like honey, except it boosts your Mana regeneration instead of your Health regeneration. You should probably be able to convert honey into spore fluid and vice-versa without having to create new worlds and hope for a Jungle world, using materials found in pre-existing caves of the other major biome.

Additionally, after defeating Plantera/Fungus Among Us, you should be able to "Pick World Nature" when generating new worlds allowing you to select the Jungle or the Mushrooms as the major biome, much like how you can "Pick World Evil" between Corruption or Crimson after defeating the Wall of Flesh. Oh, speaking about Fungus Among Us, I believe the pink Faerie Rings you have shown seem too close to normal mushrooms. Plantera's Bulbs are generally much bigger and give the idea of something you shouldn't break(as well as something that needs a pickaxe to do it), while the pink mushrooms are small enough that someone could easily mistake for a new crafting ingredient, or something that can be broken with projectiles(or swinging weapons). I believe a larger, almost-swollen pink mushroom or truffle would work better.

Other than all that, though, this is a definitely interesting suggestion and I would love to have mushrooms as a predominant biome due to their bioluminiscence and constant nighttime.

Interesting, I like it. Needs a bit of work, though - I'm concerned about how to summon Duke Fishron, for example. Maybe make it so the Truffle Worm only spawns in mushroom caves in Jungle worlds, while Mushroom worlds will spawn a Datana Major larva(you can view it here, just beware of standard larva grossness) in jungle caves. Both of them are functionally identical and will summon Duke Fishron when fished in the ocean. Also, the honey substitute in the BFG caves seem a bit lackluster and outright inferior to beehive honey, since it only inflicts slowness instead of regeneration. I propose having Mushroom "honey" being turned into the fabled 4th liquid labelled "Spore fluid" and behaves like honey, except it boosts your Mana regeneration instead of your Health regeneration. You should probably be able to convert honey into spore fluid and vice-versa without having to create new worlds and hope for a Jungle world, using materials found in pre-existing caves of the other major biome.

Additionally, after defeating Plantera/Fungus Among Us, you should be able to "Pick World Nature" when generating new worlds allowing you to select the Jungle or the Mushrooms as the major biome, much like how you can "Pick World Evil" between Corruption or Crimson after defeating the Wall of Flesh. Oh, speaking about Fungus Among Us, I believe the pink Faerie Rings you have shown seem too close to normal mushrooms. Plantera's Bulbs are generally much bigger and give the idea of something you shouldn't break(as well as something that needs a pickaxe to do it), while the pink mushrooms are small enough that someone could easily mistake for a new crafting ingredient, or something that can be broken with projectiles(or swinging weapons). I believe a larger, almost-swollen pink mushroom or truffle would work better.

Other than all that, though, this is a definitely interesting suggestion and I would love to have mushrooms as a predominant biome due to their bioluminiscence and constant nighttime.
thanks! also, jungle fountains turn it into honey. i may actually post an update soon. [wow, really?]
az.gif

edit: yeah, right

Last edited:
`:D Yes! Another Steampunker! And the Mushroom stuff is cool too I guess. `:p Seriously though, this is a great suggestion. I've always wanted the Mushroom biome too get more love from the devs, and I think this could even fit into 1.4.7 or something along those lines very well, with a little polish. Though we mobile players won't get it until 2020... Our lack of 1.3 aside, keep working at it, and I'd say there's a pretty good chance of you joining the ranks of fans that helped with 1.4, along with that one person whose name I can't remember who suggested spider furniture. Good luck! `:)
and i hope so too. the chance is slim, but it exists. alos rip mobile terrarian folk

Hi ! This is actually an old suggestion but I actually like this. I don't know if you and the moderators allow this but can I use some of the concepts for my mod ? I may not get everything and I may not get the sprites,but the main thing I would like to have a permission with is the concepts. I will credit you I promise :D .

I do not think the Jungle should have an alt biome. It's the main biome in the game and making an alternate for it makes no sense, especially since the Jungle is a real-world biome and mushroom Jungles are not.

I do not think the Jungle should have an alt biome. It's the main biome in the game and making an alternate for it makes no sense, especially since the Jungle is a real-world biome and mushroom Jungles are not.

@hogndog

If you think a suggestion shouldn't have an alt. biome and have no interest in providing constructive feedback it is better if you ignore the suggestion entirely. You do not need to comment on suggestions you feel are pointless, it doesn't lead to helpful discussion. It is important to note that Suggestions are ideas that members create for the game and that they shouldn't be taken too seriously.

We need a something like Fung-tera or some plantera alternative that looks like plantera, idk but it seems to look weird...
Also we need a lihzahrd temple alternative.
And the chlorophyte alt too, green just doesn't fit in all this blue stuff.

Anyways a nice alternative, sprites look really nice!
Hopefully it will be added to the game.

We need a something like Fung-tera or some plantera alternative that looks like plantera, idk but it seems to look weird...
Also we need a lihzahrd temple alternative.
And the chlorophyte alt too, green just doesn't fit in all this blue stuff.

Anyways a nice alternative, sprites look really nice!
Hopefully it will be added to the game.
Shroomite

I'm kind of sad to see that the Lihzahrd Temple alt wasn't added in, I really enjoy temple alts when I find them.

Love everything, except the boss. Nice consideration of the jungle being underpowered. Youve earned my support

also we could just insert crabulon for the boss so we can keep his theme.
[doublepost=1554080670,1554080618][/doublepost]
ive done plantera alts, i could do it again

What if the 'mushroom temple' had a huge sleeping dragon boss in it

sleeping dragon -> golem. It's napping because the mushroom spores make it drowsy. You summon it by waking it up with spore-b-gon item.

What if...the 'Fungus Among Us' is trying to grow the biome to keep the monster asleep O_O

and maybe the 'temple', instead of being aztec-like: it could resemble a shinto shrine?

Would this then replace Mushroom Caves with... Jungle Caves? So we can still beat Plantera and all, with maybe a special NPC?

Back
Top Bottom