Duke Fishron Challenge

KPPlayz1763

Terrarian
I have a challenge, who can make a Duke Fishron AFK farm without using the invincibility frame exploit. No reward, just for fun.
latest

Good luck

(Bonus challenge: use no 1.3 items, a.k.a mobile version/12785) (Not required)

Here's one I made on console a couple of years ago:
All you need is a Horseman's blade, some spikes to stand on, 1 crab statue & 1 chest statue.

I've attached a couple of images from my PS3 days that demonstrate the wiring.

Attachments

• WP_20150714_19_57_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150714_19_57_10_Pro.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 131
  • WP_20150714_19_57_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150714_19_57_40_Pro.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 127
Nice job, but I can’t count that, it uses the exploit. The exploit I’m talking about is when you take damage from another mob/traps damage, and your farm used that as you took no damage. Good job though.

But I’m still looking for one not using it.

One more rule, it can’t be a 1 tick kill.

Yes, just no invincibility frame exploiting, also traps or weapons are fine, just not a one tick or a normal battle. A afk farm or semi-afk one.

One of the oldest methods was 5 teleporters spread out in a pentagon shape, teleporting having heart and mana statues at each and using minions and ranged weapon, my favorite to use is the possessed hatchet.

@DicemanX 's teleporter setup works fine and is well known. I have a simpler one I use on my playthrews: https://imgur.com/a/9QfVw2m

I use a dummy ghost in a hoik loop with two pressure plates for the timing mechanism (this is the only slightly complex part). The idea is that you bounce clockwise around the teleporter pods. This can solo both Duke Fishron AND The Moon Lord in Expert at the same time.

Recommended gear: Tiki Armor + Pygmy Necklace + Hercules Beetle + Shiny Stone + Bewitching Table + Stardust Dragon Staff

Specifics on build: Each teleporter box has an outer dimension of 15x15. The teleporter is placed in the center of each box. The thick walls on the side of the teleporters are to prevent knockback from hitting you off the teleporter pad (they arn't needed if you have cobalt shield, etc). The lower row of teleporter pods has 25 blocks of space between them. The top row of teleporter pods is 35 blocks above the first row, and uses 45 blocks of spacing between the two upper pads.

I don't think there is a less resource intensive or easier to build setup that can handle booth Moon Lord and Duke Fishron with pre hardmode gear. Let me know if there's questions.

EDIT: Here's a video of it in action:
I did not create the video. The user in the video has an Ankh Shield and has left off the thick walls. And I know the video only shows moonlord but it will handle both Duke and Moon Lord at the same time... (I don't have a machine I can record it myself on atm)

Last edited:
Nice, now we have a design, I would like someone to now redesign this aimed more towards Duke Fishron. This is definitely a good design to try it with. If anyone can, please redesign this, or use another one. Good job to Crawlr for suggesting this and to the original designer! :happy:

@craw
I don't think there is a less resource intensive or easier to build setup that can handle booth Moon Lord and Duke Fishron with pre hardmode gear. Let me know if there's questions.
Moon lord you can do afk without any teleporter, potions, statues or big arena. You just need much regeneration items and he can't kill you, e.g:
afkMoonlord.png
(just did quick example, that structure behind is not needed, it was the first I found. You only need a roof above and a save flat for nurse and dryad)
With potions (and if you like warding spore sac) Fishron works as well

Last edited:
I guess that works but I posted this to see something different like as posted above, but it does work, so nice job anyways

moonl.png fishron.png
without statues or teleporter. moon lord without potions. Potions used for fishron: iron-skin, well-fed, endurance.

I'm sure there is some optimization.

Last edited:
Good job yet again, but I wanted to see something using tech, hence why I posted this on T-MEC. But you got the job done, so great!

Back
Top Bottom