tModLoader Another RPG Mod

Hello, your mod is good, I really liked it. But there is one problem because of which it is not possible to play with friends. The whole problem is that when playing multiplayer, the character does not go through the damage from the mobs, it's just immeasurable

Can you send me your character file ?
Hello, I have a problem like that, and now I cant use my character. I tried to make a new character, but after the loading i get back the error.
this is the error:
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at AnotherRpgMod.RPGModule.Entities.RPGPlayer.Load(TagCompound tag) in c:\Users\FrenchDeath\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AnotherRpgMod\RPGModule.cs:line 809
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.LoadModData(Player player, IList`1 list)

P.S. I love your mod :joy:

hi,i have a problem like that,cant use or create character.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at AnotherRpgMod.RPGModule.Entities.RPGPlayer.Load(TagCompound tag) in c:\Users\FrenchDeath\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AnotherRpgMod\RPGModule.cs:line 809
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.LoadModData(Player player, IList`1 list)

Where is the config file located? The config used to be under ModLoader\AnRPG_Settings.json, but now I can't find it (latest update)

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, the mod is throwing an error about config writing
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Não foi possível localizar uma parte do caminho 'C:\Users\Coleby\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\AnRPG\Settings.json'.
em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
em System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
em AnotherRpgMod.ConfigFile.Save() na c:\Users\FrenchDeath\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AnotherRpgMod\ConfigFile.cs:linha 82
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Não foi possível localizar uma parte do caminho 'C:\Users\Coleby\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\AnRPG\skillTree.json'.
em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
em System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
em AnotherRpgMod.JsonSkilLTree.Save() na c:\Users\FrenchDeath\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AnotherRpgMod\JsonSkilLTree.cs:linha 127

I just finished the skill tree and I'm still get skill points, is there another skill tree I can use the points for or is that for a future update?

Hello, i may be wrong, but when i spawn a boss, i do an amount of damage on it, and when he is about to die, he despawn and the drops don't come. Maybe this is an bug or something else?? (sorry for the bad english)

I have a problem, i updated this mod and i saw my defense of my char went to 17k, and thats a problem because the game became very easy, could you fix that? also the mod needs a nerf on bosses because in calamity boss i just defeated cryogen having 10kk of health, that was a pain.

I was doing some tests, and i noticed that boss and normal enemies despawn when they got killed from any damaging debuff (at least the flaming arrow debuff).
Check it out, certainly this may be a bug or glitch

Hello, i may be wrong, but when i spawn a boss, i do an amount of damage on it, and when he is about to die, he despawn and the drops don't come. Maybe this is an bug or something else?? (sorry for the bad english)

this happen to me too, they disappear and drop nothing

I have a problem, whenever I kill a boss he ends up getting stronger, much stronger, I have to kill the Eye of Cthulhu to progress but he has 280k of life, and I do not have much damage, the battle always ends in the morning.

And it is still impossible to farm since the boss whenever he is dead ends up evolving too, which makes his repetition impossible.

Hello i have a requests of balance - 2 things. First of all plz allow all points gained by character lvl up to be assigned manually (no auto upgrade +1 to all stats) i ask for this becouse it gives more opportunity to be in actuall flow zone (now im 260 something lvl and even after all skillpoints reset i have 1000 something defense on wooden armor and it makes me invincible, if i just could reset all skillpoints i would add them manually when i feel i cant beat mobs anymore), secondly somethimes time between defeating bosses is too long (when you do not rush and just play casually) and this is connected with first point, farming mobs while you dont rush makes you invincible to the bosses. I was thinking if making the world lvl up each sunset or each hour would be a good idea and if it is even possible.

Hello PlexusDuMenton. I have a isue with town NPC health. Each npc have like 200k+ hp and when i relog in to the game +- after 5 hours some npcs have low hp and starts to regenarate wich cause fps drop to 0.2 . I like items xp but fps drop just make game unplayable so i wanna ask if u can make items lvl system like standalone mod?

I kinda agree with INTJ, got a Agility Only Character Lv. 240 and around with a whooping 9000 and around Defense with wearing Platinum Tier Armor (by the way I got plenty other mods with Another RPG that a whole lot of things, including Armor : the Armor I was wearing gave 12 Base Armor) and a few accessories such as the "legendary" Shield of Cthulhu while having the Well Fed Buff. The result is I can do Boss with nearly twice my Lv. without moving or drink any HP potions in at least 15 minutes since I had huge DPS.

But if I can recommend something is to nerf the Defense Formula first : if I remember correctly, the Formula was the total Armor x Defense x 1 per Armor. Somehow, I feel that this formula is a bit overpowered for the player. That's my most important request.

Also just like INTJ said, maybe instead of increasing enemy Lv. as you kill more Bosses (which eventually caps when you run out of new bosses to fight), you could increase enemy Lv. as days passes (I was thinking of 1 Lv. per day because I know there's some persons that play the game really slowly, that don't like rushing the game at all).

Despite all that, I have a lot of fun with your mod and I thank you very much for that.

I propose:
1. lowering character exp gain to 1/5 of what is now
2. increasing lvl uping of the world in linear or logaritmic pattern (by logaritmic i mean after defeating first boss world lvl up Y lvls, after second boss Y+1 lvls, third Y+2 etc)
3. world lvl up each sunset, eclipse, bloon mood etc what you would find the easiest to program

What do you think of this PlexusDuMenton, Candjix?

Last edited:
I propose:
1. lowering character exp gain to 1/5 of what is now
2. increasing lvl uping of the world in linear or logaritmic pattern (by logaritmic i mean after defeating first boss world lvl up Y lvls, after second boss Y+1 lvls, third Y+2 etc)
3. world lvl up each sunset, eclipse, bloon mood etc what you would find the easiest to program

What do you think of this PlexusDuMenton, Candjix?

Again, I'm okay by changing how the enemy gain Lv. (2 & 3), and it's certainly interesting to reduce the Character Exp Gain (1) to compensate with the event Level Up.
But as you said a few messages earlier and I quote :

First of all plz allow all points gained by character lvl up to be assigned manually (no auto upgrade +1 to all stats) i ask for this becouse it gives more opportunity to be in actuall flow zone (now im 260 something lvl and even after all skillpoints reset i have 1000 something defense on wooden armor and it makes me invincible

Actually, the auto upgrade isn't really the problem (I mean it's certainly a way to balance things out, but in my opinion, not the best). It's more the Defense Formula that is overpowered which poses quite a big problem. Again, with my full AGI character equipped with Platinum Tier Armor, a few accessories and the Well Fed Buff, have somewhere around 9000 Defense (more precisely it was 9157 Defense... I think), which is enough to do bosses who had twice my Lv. without worrying about my HP (by the way, my character was Lv. 240 at that time).

Back
Top Bottom