PS4 PS4 split screen crash error

So my wife and I have been playing split screen terraria on our PS4 and we originally had the game for a good week before we encountered our first crash problem, after rebuilding the data base of my PS4 and re-installing the game, it still gives us the same stupid crash error (CE-34878-0), everytime she joins in our main world, the game crashes and gives us the same error code, so we gave in and decided to make a brand new world, we played for a good 4 days and suddenly it started doing it again, at first we thought it might be the auto-save feature, so we both turned it off (before we even made the world).
It just frustrating because my wife and I really enjoy the game but we keep loosing everything we've built.
I've contacted both 505 games and playstation support, they both told me to call the other and im getting tired of this back and forth crap.
So I thought maybe there is somebody on here that could help us.

So Ive read about how PC players get corrupted worlds and just edit a few things in the files to fix there problems, was there away I could put our save files on a USB and edit it through my PC to try and fix my world?

We are willing to try almost anything because the game is becoming unplayable for us.

So my wife and I have been playing split screen terraria on our PS4 and we originally had the game for a good week before we encountered our first crash problem, after rebuilding the data base of my PS4 and re-installing the game, it still gives us the same stupid crash error (CE-34878-0), everytime she joins in our main world, the game crashes and gives us the same error code, so we gave in and decided to make a brand new world, we played for a good 4 days and suddenly it started doing it again, at first we thought it might be the auto-save feature, so we both turned it off (before we even made the world).
It just frustrating because my wife and I really enjoy the game but we keep loosing everything we've built.
I've contacted both 505 games and playstation support, they both told me to call the other and im getting tired of this back and forth crap.

So Ive read about how PC players get corrupted worlds and just edit a few things in the files to fix there problems, was there away I could put our save files on a USB and edit it through my PC to try and fix my world?

We are willing to try almost anything because the game is becoming unplayable for us.
This is a frustrating error that I see pop up every so often. That particular error code CE-34878-0 is a PS4 error, not limited to Terraria, it can show up with other PS4 games as well. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but normally it seems that when it crops up it's related to a particular world and if you try playing on a different world it could be fine (however, it seems that even when you tried a second world it didn't work after awhile). Or it's related to particular users playing on a world and different users should be fine. Sorry that there isn't more of a fix for it.

More info in these threads as well..
Split Screen Crashes Every Time
Co-op Crashes
ce-34878-0 - Crash in multiplayer

The good news is that the PS4 and the Xbox One are getting a major overhaul with the code being rewritten from scratch so some of these bugs that we see may be gone when the update comes out. The target for the update is for the third quarter (Jul-Sep), however there's no official release date set.

This is a frustrating error that I see pop up every so often. That particular error code CE-34878-0 is a PS4 error, not limited to Terraria, it can show up with other PS4 games as well. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but normally it seems that when it crops up it's related to a particular world and if you try playing on a different world it could be fine (however, it seems that even when you tried a second world it didn't work after awhile). Or it's related to particular users playing on a world and different users should be fine. Sorry that there isn't more of a fix for it.

More info in these threads as well..
Split Screen Crashes Every Time
Co-op Crashes
ce-34878-0 - Crash in multiplayer

The good news is that the PS4 and the Xbox One are getting a major overhaul with the code being rewritten from scratch so some of these bugs that we see may be gone when the update comes out. The target for the update is for the third quarter (Jul-Sep), however there's no official release date set.

Thank you sir for the reply, sadly I have actually already read all the previous threads hoping to find a solution, I thought maybe if I posted a newer one an answer would have turned up.

I'm hoping an answer will pop up soon as my wife and I love the game, it's on of the few games we can play together as our schedules are so hectic, Terraria is nice to just play for a little while of just jump in and out of.

My wife and I just want to be able to play again and build a world together but sadly we're afraid if loosing everything we've made all over again.

Thank you sir for the reply, sadly I have actually already read all the previous threads hoping to find a solution, I thought maybe if I posted a newer one an answer would have turned up.

I'm hoping an answer will pop up soon as my wife and I love the game, it's on of the few games we can play together as our schedules are so hectic, Terraria is nice to just play for a little while of just jump in and out of.

My wife and I just want to be able to play again and build a world together but sadly we're afraid if loosing everything we've made all over again.
Yeah, I can completely understand that. It's discouraging if the game won't let you just play together like you want. I wish I could figure out what the pattern is for what criteria makes it crash.

Sorry there wasn't any better news.

Have either of you tried playing by yourselves to see if it's a specific profile causing the issue??

I've been having the same issue as well. I'm on one of my world's and whenever both of my siblings attempt to be on the world at the same time, the game will freeze for a sec and eventually crash and after restarting it sometimes the save data will get corrupted.

We've lost at least 2 worlds and 3 characters to this. I'm not sure if this is a difficult bug to fix but I'm getting really tired of it and wish someone would fix it. (Hopefully in 1.3)

I've been having the same issue as well. I'm on one of my world's and whenever both of my siblings attempt to be on the world at the same time, the game will freeze for a sec and eventually crash and after restarting it sometimes the save data will get corrupted.

We've lost at least 2 worlds and 3 characters to this. I'm not sure if this is a difficult bug to fix but I'm getting really tired of it and wish someone would fix it. (Hopefully in 1.3)
Luckily PS4 and Xbox One will be getting a full engine overhaul so hopefully most if not all of these issues will be fixed.

Hi! I had the same issue while playing spiltscreen with my friend, after 3 or 4 days It kept crashing and gave the same error code. To fix this restart your ps open terraria go to multiplayer-> host and play -> choose your world and join it. Now the 2nd player can join but it keeps freezing every 30sec so play that for couple of minutes and then save and quit, now go to single player join your world and the 2nd player should be enable to join! No idea why this works but it workd for me, hopefully it helps!

Back
Top Bottom