Items Engineering Item Ideas

Haden Of Legends

Official Terrarian
Here is my list. Leave your thoughs and possible suggestions about the list :)

Boss Triggers: I would like to see the Boss Summon items have a way to trigger from some type of wiring condition. Even if that means that we'd have to make a whole new item by using the Boss Summon item as crafting material, and even if it was a 1 time only use item that you have to refill. Think of it like Gem Locks. You can put a gem in the gem lock to trigger a wire condition. In this case, you'd put your Boss Summon item into the Boss Box and the Boss Box would consume the Summon Item when the wire condition is met by whichever mechanism you used, then you would put a new Summon item into the Boss Box to replace the old Summon item that was consumed.

Unbreakable Blocks: Using a mechanism sort of like actuators, you would place this item over a block just like you would an actuator. When on a block, that block becomes unbreakable to any piackaxe. Immunity to explosions is up for debate.

Timer Setter: We all have used 1, 3 and 5 second timers and have crafted fancy ways to extend the timer beyond 5 seconds. How about a Timer that lets you set the number between 1-X when placing it? Not entirely sure how possible this one is.

Enemy Sensor: Like the liquid sensors and player above sensor, how about a sensor that only triggers when specifically an enemy walks within its reach.

Anti Trap Boots: Well, the name says it all. Boots that allow you to walk over pressure plates or the player above sensor without activating them.

Water Froster / Defroster: A machine that when triggers by a plate, switch or sensor, puts a layer of ice on top of any water source the machine is touching, the ice expanding within X reach of the machine.

Rain Maker: A machine that when wire trigger will make it rain in your world. Similarly, there could be one that stops the rain.

Projectile Barrier: A machine that produces an energy field X wide X high that breaks all projectiles like a wall would when the projectile hits the barrier.

Strike Switch: Similar to the plates that trigger when you hit them with a projectile, this switch would trigger when attacked with a Melee Weapon.

STATUES

This spot is less important to me, tho it would be nice to have more functioning statues. I'm sure other people have suggested things before ;)

Pot Statue: A simple idea for the Pot Statue is to let it spit out money. A good way to balance such an idea is to apply a percentage chance of likely outputs. For example, there is a 9/10 chance that the pot will spit out 5 copper, and 8/10 chance for 3 copper, a 7/10 for 5 copper.... or silver even, maybe?
IIf the above option is a bad idea, you could have the Statue make an area of effect that when the player is within the area of the statue, their item reach is significantly increased, sort of like what Greedy Ring does.

Potion Satue: An area of effect that when a player is within reach of the effect, their Potion Sickness is significantly reduced and/or their health egeneration is slightly increased.

Sword Statue: An area of effect that increases a players Melee Speed by 10% with a slight increase to knockback. (This type of function can be applied for Range stats with the Bow Statue).

Packaxe Statue: An area of effect that increases block reach and mining speed and/or slight increase to pickaxe power.

Boot Statue: An area of effect that grants players 10% increased speed.

Overall, I really like these ideas! A lot of them would be great to have in the game!

Boss Triggers
Enemy Sensor
Strike Switch
Yes. Absolutely. I would love it if they added these.
Interesting ideas. I like the idea of having buff statues like that. Maybe have them activated by wire to produce the effect for a limited time (maybe 5-10 minutes?)
Unbreakable Blocks
Timer Setter
Anti Trap Boots
I could see these being useful, but I'm not sure how they would be implemented. Solid ideas.
Water Froster / Defroster
Rain Maker
Kinda quirky (especially the froster), but I like them.
Projectile Barrier
Other than aesthetic reasons, why not just use a wall? You could even actuate it if you didn't want to be running into it. `:D

Other than aesthetic reasons, why not just use a wall? You could even actuate it if you didn't want to be running into it. `:D

I can explain why I'd like a Projectile Barrier over a wall itself. A Projectile barrier would block just that, projectile attacks. A Wall blocks everything lol. We could of course argue the fact that we have actuators, but asthetically speaking, it might not be suitable for what a player wants in that given area. A projectile barrier could be walked through, and if you swing a sword through the barrier, the sword would still provide its hit box. A Projectile would just break :)

I can explain why I'd like a Projectile Barrier over a wall itself. A Projectile barrier would block just that, projectile attacks. A Wall blocks everything lol. We could of course argue the fact that we have actuators, but asthetically speaking, it might not be suitable for what a player wants in that given area. A projectile barrier could be walked through, and if you swing a sword through the barrier, the sword would still provide its hit box. A Projectile would just break :)
Ah, that makes sense. :D

These are all very cool ideas :). May try implement at least parts of some in my mod perhaps, although I'm not great with that sort of stuff. I had the idea of creating a sort of 'projectile barrier' myself, in the form of non-solid blocks that destroy any projectile that touches them, but unfortunately I have no idea how to code it.

Back
Top Bottom