Biomes & Nature [1.3.6 Suggestion] Revert change so that corruption/crimson can't spread through jungle biome.

I'm pretty sure the hallow does not affect the jungle.
;-; it does...
I might show a screenshot if I figure out how to

at.first it was the crimson mucking up the surface jungle so I decided to spray hallow on it so crimson couldn't attack hallow and I presumed the hallow wouldn't bite the jungle.

It did.

;-; it does...
I might show a screenshot if I figure out how to

at.first it was the crimson mucking up the surface jungle so I decided to spray hallow on it so crimson couldn't attack hallow and I presumed the hallow wouldn't bite the jungle.

It did.
oh here ill help because its kinda confusing. its an attached file so click on it.

Attachments

• Capture 2018-07-15 10_32_38.png
    Capture 2018-07-15 10_32_38.png
    254.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Capture 2018-07-15 10_33_27.png
    Capture 2018-07-15 10_33_27.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 123
oh here ill help because its kinda confusing. its an attached file so click on it.
I believe this patch of Hallow was generated upon the initial Hallow generation ("The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released"). If you continue to monitor this patch, you'll find that it will not spread further.

I believe this patch of Hallow was generated upon the initial Hallow generation ("The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released"). If you continue to monitor this patch, you'll find that it will not spread further.
no i used the clentimanator and sprayed the solution onto the jungle and it had grown.

If you continue to monitor this patch, you'll find that it will not spread further.
Why don't you wait a few in-game days and take a screenshot of the same area? This should easily prove or disprove the Hallow's ability to attack the Jungle.

Obviously the Clentaminator can convert the Jungle itself, but it will not spread further beyond the area it's sprayed.

Why don't you wait a few in-game days and take a screenshot of the same area? This should easily prove or disprove the Hallow's ability to attack the Jungle.

Obviously the Clentaminator can convert the Jungle itself, but it will not spread further beyond the area it's sprayed.
may you try proving that statement with an example?

may you try proving that statement with an example?
Uh, no, you're the one who took the screenshot, so you're the only one who can prove it. Wait three in-game days and see if that patch of Hallow looks any different.

edit: I see, that's why you uploaded two screenshots. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing whether that patch was spread by Clentaminator or through natural causes.

It does.

Remember when I said that the crimson and hallow ate my jungle?
Capture 2018-07-16 13_07_29.png

all this used to be the Surface Jungle (it explains the witch doctor because I needed Tiki Armor and the Hercules Beetle), now it's the Hallow.

There's also Mud Walls which provide further evidence. I wouldn't turn my Jungle into the Hallow because I can't revert it into Jungle again...

Uh, no, you're the one who took the screenshot, so you're the only one who can prove it. Wait three in-game days and see if that patch of Hallow looks any different.

edit: I see, that's why you uploaded two screenshots. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing whether that patch was spread by Clentaminator or through natural causes.
the picture with the hollow a little shorted was from the clentaminator and it grew.

If this is really what's happening, I doubt it's intended. Maybe you should file a bug report and confirm it, because every source I know tells me that the hallow is not supposed to be able to convert the Jungle.

I highly agree.

The corruption/crimson should not be able to convert the jungle, because they convert the mud blocks into dirt blocks, making it very hard to restore the jungle, which is also why a jungle solution wouldn’t work, since it can’t convert dirt back to mud.

You technically can use the hallow to protect your jungle since the hallow can’t covert the jungle, but it’s really expensive and takes a long time. The evil biomes shouldn’t be able to convert mud. The jungle is way too important and difficult to recover.
[doublepost=1531866909,1531866670][/doublepost]
  • Add a solution for the clentaminator for a jungle solution.
I feel this is really the biggest deal here.
Sure, there are ways to prevent corruption, creating hellevators and go fishing instead of altar smashing, but if people don't feel like jumping through hoops in order to keep their world safe, they shouldn't be massively penalized for allowing corruption to reach their jungles. (And there's also a chance that the big ray o' corruption will go right through your jungle after defeating the WoF. Had that happen once.)

If there was a clentaminator jungle solution, then that'd remove a lot of headaches from a lot of people.

The only problem is that the solution would have to covert the dirt blocks back into mud blocks, which is way too overpowered.

The only problem is that the solution would have to covert the dirt blocks back into mud blocks, which is way too overpowered.
From how I see it there's not much to gain from turning your entire world into a jungle, so I don't see how this would be overpowered in any way.
If you're aiming at the amount of chlorophyte that would be available to you when you have a humongous jungle: You still need to find and mine it; it won't be delivered to your doorstep. And, in my experience, in any natural jungle there's really enough of chlorophyte growth that you can mine the stuff around the clock anyway.

Also, the wise Terraria player would not want a gigantic jungle. They would aim for a balanced world, with equal parts of jungle, hallow, corruption, crimson, and combinations of these, so they can farm to their heart's content.

Maybe, rather than it not spreading at all, it spreads to the Jungle after Plantera is defeated. That way, the player can not only get the Clentaminator, but Dark Blue Solution to create immunity to the Evil biome.

You can craft mud out of dirt when you're next to water.
On topic, when you defeat Plantera, biome spreading slows to 33% of the usual speed. Why not make it stop spreading over the Jungle at that point as well?

because they convert the mud blocks into dirt blocks, making it very hard to restore the jungle, which is also why a jungle solution wouldn’t work, since it can’t convert dirt back to mud.
I mean there's no reason that they couldn't code a jungle solution to convert dirt to mud. Red, purple, and blue solutions convert mud to dirt after all.

Back
Top Bottom