Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially, but they phased out.

Yup; I deleted the app data, which reverted back to 1.2.4. That wouldn't load either but the error message was different (I've added an image of both for your information).

I then deleted that corrupted file from the system (which I didn't want to do before as I didn't know what else might happen) and started again. It seems to be working fine now.

Any idea why my buffs are visible now (not complaining)?

Interesting. Will share that directly into the team.

Only thing I can think of is if you had even the slightest zoom present before? Any sort of zoom triggers a pretty noticeable drop in opacity, which is a bug that will be fixed with the next fix round.

Checked on my xbox today and my NAT type is now "open". All good :D

The UI is transparent at any zoom for me, but it's definitely worse when fully zoomed in. Which is what I play at because it's easier for me to see details.

The UI is transparent at any zoom for me, but it's definitely worse when fully zoomed in. Which is what I play at because it's easier for me to see details.
I think it only seems that way because when zoomed out the clear sky is behind the inventory.

I think it only seems that way because when zoomed out the clear sky is behind the inventory.

No, it is definitely an issue/bug. It is always at least somewhat transparent, but literally ANY level of zoom (even if you just tap the zoom barely) triggers a drop in opacity. I took photos of this months ago, sent into the team, and that has already been fixed up in the upcoming patch (whenever it completes).

No, it is definitely an issue/bug. It is always at least somewhat transparent, but literally ANY level of zoom (even if you just tap the zoom barely) triggers a drop in opacity. I took photos of this months ago, sent into the team, and that has already been fixed up in the upcoming patch (whenever it completes).
That doesn't happen with me at all. Is the opacity of the buffs caused by the same bug?

That doesn't happen with me at all. Is the opacity of the buffs caused by the same bug?
Could be a platform specific bug. PS4 might not be affected in the same way as Xbox One, due to them using different renderers (OpenGL vs DirectX).

Had my first encounter with the multiplayer hell biome lag issue. My friend called for help with expert WoF and the mechanical bosses, so I went over to give them a hand (and it actually worked this time!). We descended into hell and OMG the stutter and lag. Thankfully I'm at an equipment tier where as long as I'm aiming in the right direction and holding the trigger whatever I'm trying to shoot will die lag or no lag, but still. For people with early-game gear that kind of lag is a death sentence.

We had to descend through the underground snow on the way down and it was pretty laggy through there, too.

Yes. It is everything. I cannot confirm on PS4 personally - but I know when it was sent up it was ID'd as a bug (and I only checked it because community folks reported it to me).

Yes. It is everything. I cannot confirm on PS4 personally - but I know when it was sent up it was ID'd as a bug (and I only checked it because community folks reported it to me).
Are you able to tell what else has been done/being done on this patch?

Not at this point, no - it is still in the works. Wouldn't want to say "it has X" and then "x" fails somehow. Will leave that up to an official update from PW when they feel comfortable sharing.

Still no news on wether we can expect any patch or update any time soon?
Maybe Pipeworks should look at what Unknown Worlds does with Subnautica and ask Panic Button to help out.
It's been months on end since we had an update on the Xbox/Ps4.
They've been working on the mobile version. What they should have done was fixed our issues and THEN released for mobile, and then fixed all or the mobile issues. Now mobile users will have yo wait as long as us for their issues to be fixed while the finally fix ours.

Last edited:
why is the crafting/inventory so complicated on console!The old one was more organized and simple! Recently got back into terraria but that new crafting system and such isn’t working out and has to be changed on console! Or at least add mouse and keyboard support :)

Terrarian
I will never play this game again it's to time consuming trying to use the new UI. I can see what I need to craft or how to craft it it's terrible I will never play this game again untill I get the old easy to use player/ console freindly UI back. Again 1.3 update Only thing that sucks is the UI.
[doublepost=1531903369,1531903285][/doublepost]
Terrarian
I will never play this game again it's to time consuming trying to use the new UI. I can see what I need to craft or how to craft it it's terrible I will never play this game again untill I get the old easy to use player/ console freindly UI back. Again 1.3 update Only thing that sucks is the UI.
*Fix the game..... um please???
[doublepost=1531903525][/doublepost]
why is the crafting/inventory so complicated on console!The old one was more organized and simple! Recently got back into terraria but that new crafting system and such isn’t working out and has to be changed on console! Or at least add mouse and keyboard support :)
RIGHT!!! THEY need to make it the,way it was be fire the update
[doublepost=1531903617][/doublepost]
Still no news on wether we can expect any patch or update any time soon?
Maybe Pipeworks should look at what Unknown Worlds does with Subnautica and ask Panic Button to help out.
It's been months on end since we had an update on the Xbox/Ps4.
I just want the old updates back
[doublepost=1531903697][/doublepost]
Ugh

I couldn't agree more, although the extra inventory space & crafting from chests are great. Unfortunately, they've made it clear that there will never be an option to have the original anymore. The overlapping text, removing the PS4 touchpad instant zoom control, not being able to remap the same buttons to multiple actions, removal of cross-save, almost no updates, and so much more. It's just not fun anymore.

The new input is the PC's, and it works perfectly on it because it's MEANT to be on a PC. I mostly play it there now, but also on the PS3 & Vita (those 2 are the only ones keeping the original version). At least they're still letting us transfer our saves from them to the PS4.

Last edited:
Terrarian
[doublepost=1531903369,1531903285][/doublepost]
*Fix the game..... um please???
[doublepost=1531903525][/doublepost]
RIGHT!!! THEY need to make it the,way it was be fire the update
[doublepost=1531903617][/doublepost]
I just want the old updates back
[doublepost=1531903697][/doublepost]
Ugh

Hey - Don't you know the adage? The COMPANY is always right. To heck with what the customers want... oh wait, maybe it's the CUSTOMER is always right. Regardless, I wasted my money on the PS4 version last year and it sits unused... I only play the PS3 version because it's the only version I can see clearly on my 42 inch TV from my chair 10 feet away. Repeating the numerous other posts, the UI works great on a PC, horrible on console.

Hey - Don't you know the adage? The COMPANY is always right. To heck with what the customers want... oh wait, maybe it's the CUSTOMER is always right. Regardless, I wasted my money on the PS4 version last year and it sits unused... I only play the PS3 version because it's the only version I can see clearly on my 42 inch TV from my chair 10 feet away. Repeating the numerous other posts, the UI works great on a PC, horrible on console.

Yup after playing 3.1 for a while my son and I decided to fire up the xbox 360 and play the old properly functioning version of Terraria.
The old menus are a delight to look at and work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom