Sprites Armored Target Dummy

Electroman102

Duke Fishron
We have the Target Dummy.

Basically an HP less, defenseless enemy that is unable to attack.

It’s good for testing your DPS, but it is not good when it comes to hardmode, where most (if not all) enemies have defense.

This introducing: the Armored Target Dummy.

index.php

Crafting
1 dial
index.php
(bought from mechanic for 5 silver)
1 Target Dummy
1 iron helmet
1 iron chestplate
1 iron greaves

Crafted at an anvil

Tooltip

The Armored Target Dummy is the Target Dummy that you can:

-Alter its defense to your preference
-Make it immune to certain debuffs

Thank you for reading, and let me know if I need to change anything!

(Sprites and tooltip made by @Ai - T.a.S.A.I.)

1.1: Changed Crafting recipe from 1 bone key to 50 bones.
1.2: Changed Dungeon Target Dummy to Armored Target Dummy.
1.3: Added sprite and tooltip
1.4: Added sprite for dial

Last edited:
I don't really see the point of needing to test your DPS against the Dungeon Guardian if you have already defeated the dungeon guardian. Maybe the recipe could be something like 50 bones and a crafted at a Bone Welder?

This seems rather pointless, to be honest. The dps of just about anything against the dungeon guardian is going to depend almost entirely on how fast the weapon can attack. Because the defense is so high, pretty much the only way to increase damage output beyond 1 or 2 damage per hit is to apply debuffs (dryad's bane and frostburn seem to be the only viable ones; betsy's curse and ichor wouldn't really even make a noticeable dent in the defense).

I don't really see the point of needing to test your DPS against the Dungeon Guardian if you have already defeated the dungeon guardian. Maybe the recipe could be something like 50 bones and a crafted at a Bone Welder?
Sure! I’ll change the crafting recipe.

This seems rather pointless, to be honest. The dps of just about anything against the dungeon guardian is going to depend almost entirely on how fast the weapon can attack. Because the defense is so high, pretty much the only way to increase damage output beyond 1 or 2 damage per hit is to apply debuffs (dryad's bane and frostburn seem to be the only viable ones; betsy's curse and ichor wouldn't really even make a noticeable dent in the defense).
The main purpose of the DTD is for testing out tactics as if it were against a dungeon guardian. Personally, I would use it for testing my new DG speedkill.

Last edited:
What if you die before you can test your tactic?

That’s why DTD can’t attack you.
If you die before you can test the tactic, then you need to either change something or improve your movement skills to avoid the dungeon guardian. You can't tell if your tactic is good enough if you're just shooting at a dummy, because the biggest part of any dungeon guardian strategy is staying away from it long enough to kill it. And death isn't very punishing, so just set a house near the dungeon to keep testing things out without having to walk back every time.

While I agree it'd be nice to have more customization over how much defense a target dummy has, this isn't really the way to go about it.

Dying is a punishing if you are on hardcore.
My counterpoint is that anybody playing on Hardcore will either be following a dungeon guardian kill guide, test out strategies on a normal character, or simply skip Dungeon Guardian as most strategies for defeating it easily involve the Cosmic Car Key and Chain Gun or SDMG.

Sorry, but not seeing the need for this. Dungeon Guardian defence is so high that most (if not, all) weapons will do 1 damage per hit (or 2 on a critical hit). To defeat the Dungeon Guardian you need a weapon that fires multiple projectiles very quickly (e.g. Vampire Knives or any kind of 'spray and pray' gun). I don't see the need for a new dummy to test this.

As Agastya suggested, it would be better to be able to customise dummies' defence.

Perhaps it could be made so that target dummies can wear armor to change their stats, rather than making a separate dummy altogether (and a new material which only seems to be used for that one recipe and is otherwise useless). Or maybe make the normal dummy right-clickable like a chest, opening up a small GUI to edit the stats.

While that’s a good idea, the armored Target Dummy’s defense is already customizable, so don’t see the point in adding that

Back
Top Bottom