Mobile Crashes on startup iPad and iPhone iOS 8.1.2

x1bot

Terrarian
I can't get this game to work on iPad or iPhone 6 plus. It crashes on the loading screen. Is anyone even playing it successfully on an apple device? Really annoyed.... I emailed support and they said they were "unfortunately experiencing an increase in demand of support"

Think I'm going to try to get my money back at this point. It was only $6 but that is still a lot for a mobile game

I can't get this game to work on iPad or iPhone 6 plus. It crashes on the loading screen. Is anyone even playing it successfully on an apple device? Really annoyed.... I emailed support and they said they were "unfortunately experiencing an increase in demand of support"

Think I'm going to try to get my money back at this point. It was only $6 but that is still a lot for a mobile game
You can't rush 505Games, they're very busy. Just wait, and they'll fix it

The game is working brilliantly for me (iPad 3) but I'm one of the lucky few, from the looks of it. I have a fix that might work for you, assuming it isn't that your tech can't handle the game.

Get iFunbox on your computer, hook your device up to it (only Apple will work), go into your device, Terraria file, extract your world and character to your computer, delete and reinstall Terraria, put your characters and worlds back in.

Best of luck, if you need further assistance, contact me/another experienced player/staff.

Works well for me, IPad 2, Worked for all versions of IOS 8.

Try restarting, when I get the crash sequence like that, restarting usually fixes it.

Last edited:
Do you have enough memory? And what ipad is it exactly? I have a 4 that runs fine, and on my iPhone 6 it's fine too

Last edited:
Its weird its stuck on the loading screen and it just closes for me then wtf
The mobile version will be getting a huge update later this year which may fix lots of problems. However, in order to try and play in the meantime, have you tried reinstalling the app? Reinstalling will delete your local player and world saves. If you're able, try moving them to the cloud first using these instructions: Mobile Backup Instructions

I play on a iPad mini 4, I've had the game for about a month and so far it's really fun and I love it, BUT just today I quit the game cause I had to go do something, and then when I get back on, I go click which character and all that stuff but when I click the world I want the game crashes.....any world does the same and along with different characters, and I restarted my iPad but nothing changed... I need help ;-; ( so I've run into a similar problem rip )

I play on a iPad mini 4, I've had the game for about a month and so far it's really fun and I love it, BUT just today I quit the game cause I had to go do something, and then when I get back on, I go click which character and all that stuff but when I click the world I want the game crashes.....any world does the same and along with different characters, and I restarted my iPad but nothing changed... I need help ;-; ( so I've run into a similar problem rip )
I don't want to take any chances of loosing my world so if anyone has the safest and easiest way to do fix this please let me know ;/

FIX! This has nothing to do with the memory, it is the type of internet/wi-fi you are using. It will most likely work by connecting to a different network, OR you can follow these steps. Repeat these every time you want to boot the game.
1. Connect to a different wireless hotspot/Wi-Fi network
2. Boot Terraria
3. Keep Terraria open in the background, while going to the network settings on your device
4. Connect to your normal Wi-Fi network
5. Open Terraria
6. Have Fun!

Hope it worked, it did on my device: iPad Mini 4 with iOS 11.3.1

FIX! This has nothing to do with the memory, it is the type of internet/wi-fi you are using. It will most likely work by connecting to a different network, OR you can follow these steps. Repeat these every time you want to boot the game.
1. Connect to a different wireless hotspot/Wi-Fi network
2. Boot Terraria
3. Keep Terraria open in the background, while going to the network settings on your device
4. Connect to your normal Wi-Fi network
5. Open Terraria
6. Have Fun!

Hope it worked, it did on my device: iPad Mini 4 with iOS 11.3.1
Thanks for sharing this info @SuperCharlie20, I hope it helps some folks out.

Back
Top Bottom