tModLoader Autumn Realms TC (Help wanted)

I've done an ambitious first mod as well. Here's my two cents on what I've suffered through my first mod.
  • Never find new members via Discord.
    • The place was unreliable for me, and also a big problem was also finding mod devs via form only turned up a dud. For Discord, those hits turned out to be really sour. Coupled with the toxicity levels Discord has been capable of; you'll probably have a recipe for disaster. And this is also where the next points come in.
  • Copyrighted material/material from existing IPs is very risky.
    • When one team member was against the practice of shout-outs, soon all other members joined in revolt. I have never recalled any game development going like this, let alone a fangame or mod based on something that the leader is interested in. Today, having a surplus of IP-derived content somehow turns tons of people away from your idea. Be warned of the legal watchdogs, no matter their place in authority, if you do this.
  • Have set rules for qualifications.
    • For me, not mentioning the amount of "controversial" content made the whole mod team just unruly in general. Also, noteworthy is that more rules is generally better, but sometimes servers can be too strict on this. The toughest servers/mod groups are like the Salty Spittoon from SpongeBob, you're not very likely to go in unless under certain circumstances.
  • A small start means better.
    • I'm the type of person who jots down ideas all together, but if you want a good first release, you're better off starting small with content. One boss is enough for a first release already for many, so why not try the same? By the time my mod was scrapped, it only had 7 bosses and none of them screamed copyright infringement, though with your set goal of 20+ bosses, that scale in arduous content comes to mean danger.
  • If all else fails, try going solo.
    • This is my last bullet point of lectures, since I really can't think of anymore at this moment, but if you do a mod solo, eventually the hard work will pay off. It might chew up more important hobbies, but even though the risks are similar, you'll be more rewarded for each item you code since there is no risk for any person to reject requests to create certain sprites.
My mod went the way of SMBX, and I hope this mod doesn't go the same way.
Good luck; out there be monsters.

I've done an ambitious first mod as well. Here's my two cents on what I've suffered through my first mod.
  • Never find new members via Discord.
    • The place was unreliable for me, and also a big problem was also finding mod devs via form only turned up a dud. For Discord, those hits turned out to be really sour. Coupled with the toxicity levels Discord has been capable of; you'll probably have a recipe for disaster. And this is also where the next points come in.
  • Copyrighted material/material from existing IPs is very risky.
    • When one team member was against the practice of shout-outs, soon all other members joined in revolt. I have never recalled any game development going like this, let alone a fangame or mod based on something that the leader is interested in. Today, having a surplus of IP-derived content somehow turns tons of people away from your idea. Be warned of the legal watchdogs, no matter their place in authority, if you do this.
  • Have set rules for qualifications.
    • For me, not mentioning the amount of "controversial" content made the whole mod team just unruly in general. Also, noteworthy is that more rules is generally better, but sometimes servers can be too strict on this. The toughest servers/mod groups are like the Salty Spittoon from SpongeBob, you're not very likely to go in unless under certain circumstances.
  • A small start means better.
    • I'm the type of person who jots down ideas all together, but if you want a good first release, you're better off starting small with content. One boss is enough for a first release already for many, so why not try the same? By the time my mod was scrapped, it only had 7 bosses and none of them screamed copyright infringement, though with your set goal of 20+ bosses, that scale in arduous content comes to mean danger.
  • If all else fails, try going solo.
    • This is my last bullet point of lectures, since I really can't think of anymore at this moment, but if you do a mod solo, eventually the hard work will pay off. It might chew up more important hobbies, but even though the risks are similar, you'll be more rewarded for each item you code since there is no risk for any person to reject requests to create certain sprites.
My mod went the way of SMBX, and I hope this mod doesn't go the same way.
Good luck; out there be monsters.

thanks leaf if all else fails i will do as you said but i will put all ideas, code, music, and sprites from this mod on a separate list to figure out what to do with, then i will start with a clean slate to work with.
also as this mod is based off the community, thanks for viewing my mod, if you want i will send you a banner when its finished if you want to follow the mod:) .
have a nice day and talk to ya later, Cya!

p.s. if you have any ideas you want to be put into this mod just tell me

Last edited:
a true update no.1 : Started making sprites, looking at code so i can start the mod, plan to have a beta release for anyone helping with the mod in about 15 days!

a true update no.2 : im starting to make code for the mod (mostly weapons), making more sprites, and making ideas/lore for the mod and cross mod content (thorium, calamity, other mods, and possibly exxo avalon... if it ever updates)

a true update no.3 : Im making more sprites for my mod, will post some before summer ends. im still finding more people who are wanting to help and im still testing code to start the mod out :)

Blade of Sunset Sands, Resprite.png
a Spoiler :D

Hello Gwyniver! This place seems more convenient to post sprite work! I see you posted the desert sword!
Welp, there was an alternate weapon I sprited with the originals! Here it is!
33a4d822b3d2cf5.png

I guess if electroman is done with the desert weapons (reading your profile posts), I could also try my hand at them, but also look into the starfury weapons now...

Where would it be most convenient to send you sprites and items? I don't want to spoil too much if your official mod is on this forum!

Could you link me to the discord as well? Your invite link expired...

Hello Gwyniver! This place seems more convenient to post sprite work! I see you posted the desert sword!
View attachment 205356
I guess if electroman is done with the desert weapons (reading your profile posts), I could also try my hand at them, but also look into the starfury weapons now...

Where would it be most convenient to send you sprites and items? I don't want to spoil too much if your official mod is on this forum!

ok will get the link remade, also the sprite looks good as well. thanks for helping and i will tell you when the link is fixed

View attachment 205356

ok the link is fixed! also you and electroman will get credit for that sword and any other sprites you/electro make!
[doublepost=1532529916,1532529694][/doublepost]
View attachment 205356

oh also one more thing is im going to north Carolina today so if i dont do or say much today untell 8/9 then i will be travailing in meh dads truck

A true update no.4 : Me and okiedoki999 on the discord server have started code in some of the item we have made into the mod! it will be some what hard to put out these mini updates as school is starting (School sucks). anyways thanks for reading, if you want to see more of what we are doing you can go to my discord server.

Back
Top Bottom