tModLoader New to Mod Making, Need Some Help to Make My First Mod

Caesitas

Terrarian
Recently I have begun playing modded Terraria, and I have begun to wonder how to make my own mod. The mod I want to make would add a new class and damage type to the game, and hopefully a new mechanic much like mana, instead called focus (much like inspiration from Thorium with the Bard).

The class name is the Psychic class, and they would use the Psychic damage type. Their weapons would involve the use of their own resource, focus, to deal damage. As of right now I am unsure what to make the weapons look like, or even be, so idea's would always be welcome. However, with all of these ideas, there comes a problem: modding them.

I am fairly new to making mods, and have tried to use the Example mod to work out some sort of new damage type, but I could not get it to work and quickly scrapped what I was working on. If anybody can help me out by giving me pointers and some directions to head with to help me out, I would truly appreciate all the help I could get. And any concepts for weapons or armors would be helpful as well, however, as of right now, my main issue is figuring out how to code in a new damage type, a system similar to mana/inspiration, and just modding in general.

So, if anyone could help me out I would be extremely grateful in just figuring out the coding aspects, I think I should be fine. As of right now, I simply just have the original skeleton key generated item, and my failed attempts at adding in a new custom damage type.

Thanks,
Caesitas

Back
Top Bottom