Map-Adventure Terrarian Special Forces

I think Shadowbon is saying that a Marigold (or other flower) grew in front of a door and is making the door impossible to open because something is blocking it from the other side too. If so, Terraria is indeed trolling, lol.

I think Shadowbon is saying that a Marigold (or other flower) grew in front of a door and is making the door impossible to open because something is blocking it from the other side too. If so, Terraria is indeed trolling, lol.

DOH! I didn't even know that could happen... Okay, I think I've found the offending door (the back door of the inn), so a hotfix will be incoming soon.

EDIT: Okay, I fixed that door, and for good measure I made it so nothing could grow outside any door on the map (I think). Hopefully, that will resolve Shadowbon's problem and prevent anyone from having similar issues in the future.

Last edited:
its not ur fault, its terraria's fault. you are cool m8 ;P
[doublepost=1514314672,1514314609][/doublepost]
it is, in fact, a (naughty) Marigold.

This is quite well-made indeed. It really tells a story and the mechanics behind it are amazing and very smart. Going 'inside' and 'outside' a house by a teleporter, flying around in a ship, multiple endings even? (I think I got a pretty bad ending...)

If there's one thing that would make this experience better, it'd be the addition of more details and improvements to the landscape and houses etc.
But I wouldn't worry too much about that, several adventure maps have completely spoiled me.
Oh, and the start, with the ducks... felt a bit weird and out of place. "You're about to start on an epic journey... but first, here are some ducks to crash into!"
But I always keep some items on me to avoid annoying situations evil map makers created for me, so no harm done. Cheaters DO prosper! :naughty:

Anyway, I recommend anyone to give it a try!

This is quite well-made indeed. It really tells a story and the mechanics behind it are amazing and very smart. Going 'inside' and 'outside' a house by a teleporter, flying around in a ship, multiple endings even? (I think I got a pretty bad ending...)

If there's one thing that would make this experience better, it'd be the addition of more details and improvements to the landscape and houses etc.
But I wouldn't worry too much about that, several adventure maps have completely spoiled me.
Oh, and the start, with the ducks... felt a bit weird and out of place. "You're about to start on an epic journey... but first, here are some ducks to crash into!"
But I always keep some items on me to avoid annoying situations evil map makers created for me, so no harm done. Cheaters DO prosper! :naughty:

Anyway, I recommend anyone to give it a try!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! There's really only one ending, but you can unlock a bonus scene if you get enough diamonds. I know my builds aren't as detailed as some others, but a lot of those maps either are made by people who are naturally artistically inclined (which I'm not), or have teams of people working on them. Making detailed builds also takes a lot of time. I think the Gilded Temple Tower was my most detailed build in this map, and it took about two or three times as long as any of the other builds. Also, the more detailed a build is, the harder it is to make it mechanically practical. I tend to focus more on the "engineering" aspects of map-making, rather than the architecture or design aspects. All that being said, I am trying to improve in that area.

Ducks... lol. I guess that just shows how bad I am at builds, because they're supposed to be seagulls! :D
Actually, the reason that segment is so different from the rest of the map is because that was the first part I built, and when I started out, I was originally making a completely different sort of map. I was going to make it a series of jumps where you had to avoid hitting anything on the way down, and then solve a puzzle at the bottom to unlock the next one. After I finished that first one though, I decided that was too boring and repetitive and I wanted to branch out, so I decided to make it a series of "missions" instead of just jumps. It was only later that I decided to make it a cohesive adventure and try to tie everything together. I even retconned the first mission to make it connected to the third by having Captain Grobyc mention that the damage to the facility was caused by seismic activity. If you look off to the left of the facility underwater, you will see a big blue tail sticking out of the ground. ;)

I'm doing even more retconning in the sequel by connecting the holy/unholy thing you find in the second mission to the "beast." If you're interested, I just posted the demo for it over in WIPs: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tsf-2-the-old-god.72151/

Can't get past the first :red:ing level.
ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DIE WHEN YOU LAND ON THE BIRDS? And if not, WHY IS THE 5TH BIRD A GUARANTEED DEATH?

Back
Top Bottom