Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on PS4 and same here about the lag/chop screen when running or passing over complex constructions and landscapes. I'd like to add a problem with the cursors too (smart and precise), they keep losting track when moving or building, it's very annoying. I'll leave a link. Thx.

P.S.: sorry about my english.

Cursor Bug:

I’m copying and pasting this from another thread:

So I’m playing this update for the first time expecting good things with the 600 bugs they fixed
First thing I noticed is that when I swing my meowmere the rainbow trail that comes out of the cats has been shortened and for some reason it bugs me.
Secondly I noticed when I throw a daybreak it’s glitchy and not all the spears are shown on the screen and it just disappears and reappears.
And lastly the frame rate of the game seems to have gone down too.

Which platforms are you guys playing on? Could you provide video?

Using a standard Xbox One (not S or X)
Can't provide footage atm but more info below:
Disc based Terraria
Monitor: HP pavilion 22xi
Resolution: 1080p
Xbox internal display settings:
Display: Auto Detect
Video Fidelity - Color depth: 24bits per pixel (8bits)
Color space: PC RGB
Overscan border: Box unchecked

Hope this small bit of info helps you replicate the issue

EDIT: Is their any keyboard command to show in-game onscreen fps?

Last edited:
@Loki @ClearConscious Uhm, is this supposed to be happening?

Sorry about the blurriness... My Xbox, for whatever reason, won't take screenshots, and while it will technically capture video clips the upload process always fails. But at least it stores them so I can re-record them with my phone camera or an actual camera...

Cursor glitch:

I have no freaking idea what happened here. I just walked through a door and it was as if my character suddenly had the Frozen debuff applied. Slow movement, practically invisible... I have no idea what's going on but it happens frequently when walking through doors or just running around.

I'd like to add a problem with the cursors too (smart and precise), they keep losting track when moving or building, it's very annoying

Pretty sure that is a side effect from the stuttering. So, all in one bug at least.

No idea on those two @Cyberra - will defer to @ClearConscious as to if they have that logged/known.

randomly turning invisible
Are you wearing vortex armour? This new lag issue is causing no end of great for me as it reads one directional input as two. So solar in armour I'm always dashing when I don't want to, vortex I'm going stealth and in stardust the guardian is always placing itself on the edge of the screen.

Are you wearing vortex armour? This new lag issue is causing no end of great for me as it reads one directional input as two. So solar in armour I'm always dashing when I don't want to, vortex I'm going stealth and in stardust the guardian is always placing itself on the edge of the screen.

My character's ranged, so yeah, full vortex. How the slag does that work, though? Activating the stealth requires double-flicking down on the thumbstick, but I'm not going down, I'm either going up or sideways most of the time

My character's ranged, so yeah, full vortex. How the slag does that work, though? Activating the stealth requires double-flicking down on the thumbstick, but I'm not going down, I'm either going up or sideways most of the time
It probably considers anything in the lower 180 degree range as "down". My builder character is in solar armour and it's always dashing when I don't want it to, and that's always after a stutter. I just watched your video and you're definitely in vortex stealth.

I also watched your cursor video and I have the same issue. I found that when I unequipped all range extending items (architect gizmo, toolbox & tool-belt) that it stopped happening. I then measured the length of the "snap back" and the cursor always ended up to the default reach, by which I mean with no range extending items. It's like the game keeps on forgetting - for a nano-second - that you are wearing them.

It probably considers anything in the lower 180 degree range as "down". My builder character is in solar armour and it's always dashing when I don't want it to, and that's always after a stutter. I just watched your video and you're definitely in vortex stealth.

I also watched your cursor video and I have the same issue. I found that when I unequipped all range extending items (architect gizmo, toolbox & tool-belt) that it stopped happening. I then measured the length of the "snap back" and the cursor always ended up to the default reach, by which I mean with no range extending items. It's like the game keeps on forgetting - for a nano-second - that you are wearing them.

Weird. Hope this gets fixed soon... I keep stretching the view (I have a sniper scope equipped) looking for enemies spawning in caves/puddles/random holes just out of the usual view and can't see a damn thing because of the snap back

If my game has that new lag stutter, I can't see it happening. Only noticing very minor occasional stutter

Weird. Hope this gets fixed soon... I keep stretching the view (I have a sniper scope equipped) looking for enemies spawning in caves/puddles/random holes just out of the usual view and can't see a damn thing because of the snap back
  1. Which gun were you using?
  2. Does it happen without the scope?
  3. Are you wearing anything like the extendo-grip?

Xbox One
Normal - Large (Legacy) world
takes several mins to Load then is frozen from nearly 3 mins every time
video starts about a min after the loading
at :07 to :10 snow falls and some stuff moves, then freezes again
nothing happens till 1:38, the unfreezes
1:50 can see the map

another issue,
Xbox one
Expert - Small World - created after last patch
parts of map at the bottom and side not uncovering
oxkugfa.png