tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

so after playng for some days i think like oters said, and autoswing sould come back, there are weapons where their values lies on it and with autoswing removed they become useles, if its about the secondary attack it can always be on righr click instead of holding left click

So I am completely new to modded Terraria (so excited!). I've setup a dedicated server on a Linux machine and I believe I got the hang of it. I do wish to do my first modded playthrough using this mod and Calamity. But unfortunately, as soon as I add these two mods together, it wont generate the map. (gets stuck forever on something). Even if its only Overhaul and Calamity. So, is there a way or a workaround to make these two amazing mods work right now? And who's "fault" is it that these two don't work together? Was thinking if I might need to post in Calamity thread instead so to speak.

Thanks in advance and keep the amazing work up!

Edit: I tried generating small map as well in case of ram issues, but it didn't change anything unfortunately.

So I am completely new to modded Terraria (so excited!). I've setup a dedicated server on a Linux machine and I believe I got the hang of it. I do wish to do my first modded playthrough using this mod and Calamity. But unfortunately, as soon as I add these two mods together, it wont generate the map. (gets stuck forever on something). Even if its only Overhaul and Calamity. So, is there a way or a workaround to make these two amazing mods work right now? And who's "fault" is it that these two don't work together? Was thinking if I might need to post in Calamity thread instead so to speak.

Thanks in advance and keep the amazing work up!

Edit: I tried generating small map as well in case of ram issues, but it didn't change anything unfortunately.
It's a case of RAM unfortunately. If I remember correctly, Terraria only allows up to 4GB of RAM at its maximum, your pc specs means nothing towards this limit, it's how the game's engine is (allocating more ram won't work unfortunateley...)
Calamity & Overhaul are most likely the two mods that do use the most RAM of any given mods of Terraria while the game is running, so having both Overhaul & Calamity running while creating a world (which is one of the most ram-expensive interaction of the game, because items might "break" during the process while Overhaul keeps the location's data of EVERYTHING and won't remove what's on ground), the world won't create at all.

I have this bug- when combined with other mods zombies (all types) will have 5 more of them self on top. these clones dissapear on the bottom ones death, have no heath or damage and dont count as te hit box- its just weird

It's a case of RAM unfortunately. If I remember correctly, Terraria only allows up to 4GB of RAM at its maximum, your pc specs means nothing towards this limit, it's how the game's engine is (allocating more ram won't work unfortunateley...)
Calamity & Overhaul are most likely the two mods that do use the most RAM of any given mods of Terraria while the game is running, so having both Overhaul & Calamity running while creating a world (which is one of the most ram-expensive interaction of the game, because items might "break" during the process while Overhaul keeps the location's data of EVERYTHING and won't remove what's on ground), the world won't create at all.
Thank you very much for this informative reply. The confusing part is that I've seen videos were people were using Calamity and overhaul together. Maybe it was just clickbait cause I only read description of the videos and did not actually confirm they were running both. But yea, I will give it up for now then. Thank you very much!

EDIT: Video claming running both

Thank you very much for this informative reply. The confusing part is that I've seen videos were people were using Calamity and overhaul together. Maybe it was just clickbait cause I only read description of the videos and did not actually confirm they were running both. But yea, I will give it up for now then. Thank you very much!

EDIT: Video claming running both
You can play with both, but you cannot generate a world with both anymore, that's all

Multiplayer only issue with loot bags disappearing within a few seconds of dropping (unless picked up and then dropped by player).
  • Any boss
  • Any map (including a new map)
  • Single Player has no issue
  • Loaded only Overhaul mod and tested with separate PC server as well as Host & Play
  • Experimented with different settings for Overhaul (gore/blood, etc.)
  • Player movement seems to trigger it faster
  • Sometimes it won't even show up at all (disappears instantly?)
  • Does not affect any other item
Unsure if this is a me only issue. Love the mod and want to continue playing with a friend.

If anyone has ideas or I can provide more information please advise. I figure it is something to do with loot-bags being player-ID'd / netcode / item persistence..

This. Not fixed (running 2.1.9.1).

How to fix this?
20181018232821_1.jpg

how can i disable the bow charger attack?
It can't be disabled for any item, and I have no idea why they didn't include an option to do so. It's extremely annoying, especially when you need to attack really fast, and it also disables the ability to lock onto enemies for ranged attacks, making some boss fights nearly impossible.

However, there is a workaround - Install the dual-wield mod, and put the bow into one of the secondary slots. Any items in those don't need to be charged. You can't attack using the normal button, and still can't target enemies, but at least it works.

Last edited:
Can there please be a way to disable lightning strikes or at least stop them from spreading fires? I don't want to have to keep placing lightning rods to stop my forest from burning to the ground.

Can there please be a way to disable lightning strikes or at least stop them from spreading fires? I don't want to have to keep placing lightning rods to stop my forest from burning to the ground.
Disabling the fire system will stop the fires but I don't think there's a way to only get rid of lightning

I must say I was skeptical when I read about the miraculous performance gain mentioned in the changelog but DAMN if it isn't true. I was very sad the first time I played this mod for having to turn it off as the amount of things constantly in the screen starts to get crazier and crazier mid to late game (potato laptop), especially when coupled with Calamity, but now it seems to be very much playable, thanks a lot.
That said, the lighting seems to be a bit glitchy. I noticed some light sources don't really emit any light for some reason.

That said, the lighting seems to be a bit glitchy. I noticed some light sources don't really emit any light for some reason.
Yeah, same here. My home has boreal light sources and tiki torches, but they acted like a faulty neon light, with a darkened area that had sporadic bursts of light.

Back
Top Bottom