The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

"Suit yourself, but the way I see it, this place is more savage than Ohio, David. You might want some friends in this world."
Phaedra makes his way for the door again.

"I know you, David. A businessman at heart always knows how to take his emotions out of a mutually beneficial decision. And your secret is safe with me."

On a side note: I understand that you have a name theme going on with the parks and abilities, but isn't that a bit excessive? There's not really a need to change it, just pointing it out.

Fixed the application, also the naming theme is supposed to seem like the names were done by a not-very-creative 5-year old.

(Benevolent Tingler)
Tingler picks up crazy pete and attempts to stuff him into his bag.
Tingler cartwheels into town.

(wowee it definitely didn't take me two whole days to update)

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Andrew Gold- Spooky Scary Skeletons.

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside

The two head down the eastern path, they keep walking. Nothing unusual happens.
They continue walking and stumble onto a small area with a little clearing. A hastily made grave is present and an old ruined wall with odd symbols on them is here. Otherwise there isn’t too much else in this spot, do you keep going down the road or investigate any of the landmarks?

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room.

Phaedra and Magnus have a talk and end up seemingly teaming up… at least for now.
The two enter the center door and find a hallway that looks exactly like the hall from the left door, reflective floor and even flower pots. No windows this time though. Phaedra scans the floor for signs of invisible men, nothing. Nothing of interest is in the hall so they move on.

The two enter a large room with a large staircase going up to one door, a chandelier hangs overhead, the floor is still reflective and there is another door across the room under the staircase. There are several more flower pots around the room and some fancy couches. A fancy red carpet is on the stairs and the center of the room, a red carpet is also in front of the first floor door in front of the party.

Phaedra also notices that there are at least 3 skeleton maids in the room cleaning mindlessly, they don’t notice/care about the duo yet… the only other thing of interest in the room are several floating what looks like tiny stereotypical sheet ghosts, but as soon as they notice Phaedra and Magnus, they make a squeaking noise before fleeing through the first floor door.

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.

Varvin tires himself out while trying to hopelessly kill grimal.
He passes out.
Grimal: Uhhh… well, i’m sorry your upset i guess?
Grimal puts Varvin on the nearby couch instead of the floor
Grimal: G’night mister, i hope next we meet it can be under better circumstances!
Grimal mumbles something then teleports away.

Varvin wakes up, in a dark forested area, there are many trees around him on fire. He looks over and sees a weird sight:

Several strange floating purple ghostly creatures, strange werewolf-looking creatures and large bulky creatures with mohawkers each brandishing weapons are seen standing in an army formation. Floating above them is a cloaked figure garbed in shadow, nothing can be seen from this figure aside from that it’s lower body is clearly tentacles.

On the other side is a large group of floating cloaked figures with weapons. However only three figures stick out to you and are not obscured by the fogginess and shadows of this dream. And they are a gargoyle-like creature, a crow-like creature with a spear and a seemingly humanoid dressed in fancy attire and whose head is seemingly a cow skull.

Varvin notices a tall figure, also obscured by darkness. All that can be seen is a large scythe and glowing red eyes.
The Figure tosses his scythe into the air and lets it hit the ground, it glows as all of the purple ghost things disappear while screaming, the Mohawk creatures and wolf things flee in horror leaving only the floating tentacled figure. The tall red eyed figure snaps it’s fingers and green chains grab ahold of the tentacled figure.

It screeches in pain as it disappears. The tall figure picks the scythe up once more while it’s army cheers. It then quickly looks towards varvin, staring at him with the glowing red eyes. As soon as this happens, he wakes up. He is now on the couch but still in the same room. Grimal and Phaedra are gone making the room feel 50% more empty.

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 200/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Brother Garrun: 140/200
VS
Ghoul A: 28/50
Ghoul B: 50/50

Brother Garrun fires an arrow at Ghoul A, it did 22 damage!
Ghoul A viciously swipes it’s claws! It did 30 damage!
Ghoul B viciously swipes it’s claws! It did 30 damage!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Tingler reaches his hands out towards crazy pete, he does an anime-like leap backwards complete with landing dust clouds
Crazy Pete: DON’T YOU DARE PROBE ME WITH THOSE HORRID FINGERS SPAWN OF GOURD!
Pete flees.

Tingler, feeling sad cartwheels (sadly) into town. He finds that it’s much smaller on the inside, there are numerous stands all around and another exit out of town to the north. The look of the town is very VERY industrial with many gears constantly turning and seemingly machines mining in small quarries. Where to?

South Exit: Exits out into the Deep Pumpkin Yard, you are currently standing here.
North Exit: Exits out into the Pumpkin Yard Approach, a location that serves as the border of the pumpkin yard and overgrowth. A path to the Great spire is here, as well as a path towards 13th streets tunnel.

Food Stand: A food stand owned by a skeleton with pink glowing flames in its eyeholes. She seems to be wearing a miners uniform.

A smeltery?/Tinker shop?: A small building is seen several weird but destroyed robots lay around the building in and out of it, a Dullahan man wearing a toolbelt with at least 34 screwdrivers of various sizes is seen in a welding hat, welding something onto another robot behind him is also an anvil and several weapons on the shelf.

A large grand building with a sign that says “Holiday Inn”

A Mcdonalds, because of course there is one of those here.

Aside from markets there seem to just be random people going around trading supplies with each other. However Tingler does notice two that stick out: Two human looking fellows wearing golden armor talking to each other, they look disgusted that they are even in this town… There is also a workbench near the tinker shop thing place!

~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor broom closet

You are Dollie, and it seems that someone mistaken you for just a doll and tossed you in a storage/broom closet. You are sitting next to a present and there really only is just an exit to the broom closet in here and not much else…

What now?

"Oh my, what happened? Hee hee, is it my birthday?"

Dollie floats up

"Ooh, I feel like I can fly..."

and moves over to open the present.

Greyton stares at the symbols for a while. "Yeah I'm getting nothing from this. Well, only one thing to do." Greyton slides his fingers across the symbols.

"Yell if it starts floating in the air!" Greyton says to Fred waving his free hand in the air laughing.

Phaedra watches Magnus walk to the maids.
"They're brainless piles of calcium that can put up a better fight than you did, David. Good luck trying to make conversation."
Phaedra examines everyone in the room, and sits on one of the fancy couches, facing towards the entrance.

Back
Top Bottom