The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

"It pains me to run but I don't want you dying!" Greyton tries to knock over the grave and run with Fred.

"I don't know what's worse. These damn skeletons or that idiot charging at me with his graham cracker of a sword."
Phaedra waits in anticipation, prepared to use Mist Form to dodge Varvin's attack.

"Hee hee, this search for Dollie is fun!"

Dollie uses the BFG to smash down the door on the right.

"Dollie? Oh, Dollie?"

"Idiots, don't attack each other and focus on the skeletons currently trying to kill us!" Magnus slashes a skeleton with his claws.

“&)&&$$@&??!&??!&&??!.&$&&$!&&$?&&@/&/)?/$!££]>\>€\*>?&$:!!!!” I send a slur of swearing at the women after one clocks me on the head with the broom most likely then yell “get back in the kitchen or teach your children to read! Stop trying to do a man’s job! I command you! I will punish you dearly if you do not stop!”
Note that this is me being accurate to how my character would react, I do not believe any of what he just said there, I am not being sexist I am attempting to stay in character not offend anyone. HE IS FROM THE DARK AGES that was their belief back then.

Phaedra is relieved to see Varvin attack the skeleton maids.
"Although I still attack you ladies, I assure you it is merely off principle. No caveman sexist intent is behind the shots I take."
Phaedra fires at one of the maids.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 79/200 LVL: 1

Greyton: 274/301
Fred: 79/200
VS
Mobile Grave: 0/300

Greyton manages to quickly push the mobile grave over, and while it tries to get up, the duo flee!

The group reach a crossroad, and there is no indication of which way is grimwich, they STILL hear the mobile grave stomping after them, they take a chance and go to the right, only to find out that it is a dead end. The group is now cornered…

???: It seems you fellows could use some help.
An unnaturally tall man in cloak and mask leaps down from a tree, An anubis wearing a van helsing styled garb also leaps down from a tree, and then a lost soul also wearing similar garb comes down from another tree, they have the gravestone surrounded…
Tall man: Rufus, disrupt it!
Anubis/Rufus: RIGHT!
Rufus casts SIlence, the Mobile Grave is prevented from using abilities!
Tall Man: TERRY! SMASH IT!
Lost Soul/Terry: YES SIR ZRILL!
Terry swings a large warhammer, the grave is sent flying into a nearby tree and took 200 damage due to being hit with it’s weakness!
The Tall man rushes it with a flaming sword and strikes it several times at blinding speed, the Mobile grave crumbles into several pieces!

The three men put their weapons away and look at Greyton and Fred
Tall Man/Zrill: Are you two alright?
The other two are in the background staring at the shattered mobile grave.
Rufus: Hmm.. i’ve never seen a mobile grave move so close to a settlement before, it must’ve really wanted to kill one of you.

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair Room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room.
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor Stair Room

Dollie uses the BFG to smash down the right door and enters a large room with a chandelier in it, there is a door up ahead and what seems to be three skeletons in maid outfits trying to do plenty of harm to a weird guy, a dog man and a weird knight guy on the nearby staircase.

Phaedra: 319/425
Magnus: 450/450
Varvin: 152/250
VS
Skeleton Maid A: 50/50 [ATK+5] [SMASHDEMON] [BUFF]
Skeleton Maid B: 0/50 [ATK+5] [SMASHDEMON]
Skeleton Maid C: 50/50 [ATK+5] [SMASHDEMON] [BUFF]

Due to dollie breaking the door and causing more property damage, the Skeleton Maids receive more ATK power and slightly boosted crit chance!

Skeleton Maid A Casts Buff! Skeleton Maid C’s DEF has increased some!
Skeleton Maid B casts Buff! Skeleton Maid A’s DEF has increased some!
Skeleton Maid C bashes Varvin in the head with her broom, SMAAAAAAAAAASH! It did 98 damage!

Due to Varvins time period, he wastes a turn tossing some sexist remarks at the maids, due to them being Soulless Skeletons, they do not care and continue their fight!
Phaedra Shoots Skeleton Maid B, it did 30 damage!
Magnus slashes Skeleton Maid B with his claws! It did 45 damage! Skeleton Maid B is slain!

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 140/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Brother Garrun: 110/200
VS
Ghoul A: 0/50
Ghoul B: 34/50

Ghoul B spends the turn chowing down.
Garrun fires an arrow, it did 16 damage!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Tingler lets out a loud sniffle of sorrow as he opens his sad wallet and pulls out his 1 DT, it is covered in tears.
Falon: Uhhh.. yeah no this won’t cover it.
Falon pulls a lever and the tile Tingler was on explodes, sending him out the door, where does he go now?

Dollie sees her reflection on the floor, still unaware that she has become a doll.

"Oh, there you are, Dollie!"

She tries to pick up her reflection, but - you know, mirrors.

"Nngh... Nngh..."

At this point Dollie sees her hand, which is clearly Dollie's hand.

"...What the Red?"

The remaining skeleton maids decide to attack Varvin with their brooms.
◄►◄►◄►
The ghoul deathstares Brother Garrun for a moment, before deciding to start mauling him again.

Phaedra is startled by the sudden explosion, and quickly looks towards it to see a curiously familiar doll grasping at its own reflection on the floor.
Phaedra wastes a turn staring at Dollie in stunned confusion.

"I would too." Greyton mumbles. "Thanks for the help but, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE?" Greyton yells in confusion.

SPIN SLASH! “*!@& you! I told you you would pay dearly!” I yell as I spin in a circle holding out my sword and activate spin slash.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Rolling Stones - Paint it Black

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 79/200 LVL: 1

The tall man speaks
Zrill: My name is Zrill, i am the leader of the Hunters, the protectors of Grimwich City.
My comrades are Terry and Rufus and together we- Rufus please stop poking the dead grave with a stick

Rufus: I CAN’T HELP IT, I AM INTRIGUED!
Zrill: Together we protect Grimwich City and help those get to it who are in the area. Might i ask who you two travellers are? What brings you towards Grimwich?

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair Room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room.
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor Stair Room

Phaedra: 319/425
Magnus: 450/450
Varvin: 152/250
VS
Skeleton Maid A: 0/50 [ATK+5] [SMASHDEMON] [BUFF]
Skeleton Maid B: 0/50 [ATK+5] [SMASHDEMON]
Skeleton Maid C: 25/50 [ATK+5] [SMASHDEMON] [BUFF]

Dollie begins to notice some strange things going on with her reflection, Phaedra also notices dollie and wastes a turn looking at her.

Skeleton Maid A attacks varvin! It did 15 damage
Skeleton Maid C attacks varvin! It did 15 damage
Magnus attacks Skeleton Maid A with his claws! It did 34 damage!
Varvin does a spin slash! It did 25 damage to both maids, Skeleton Maid A was slain!

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 80/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Brother Garrun: 80/200
VS
Ghoul A: 0/50
Ghoul B: 8/50

Garrun punches the Ghoul, it did 26 damage!
The Ghoul slashes it’s claws! It did 30 damage!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

As tingler enters the tinkers shop, an explosion happens! YOU DIED!

Tingler was not caught in it, but a dullahan man covered in soot comes out of the smoke coughing
Dullahan: Dammit, that was my last Knowledge Keeper.. Now what am i gonna do, just wait and hope that the angels will accidentally drop another one?! Uggh… Hmm? Oh, hello there sir, i did not see you there.
The name is Eric, now what brings ya here?

"What he said, I'm Greyton, and I really just want something to eat." Greyton says holding his 'stomach'.

Back
Top Bottom