Member-Run Contest Spriteathalon Part II

@Ai - T.a.S.A.I. @TotallyNotAScalie
You both have until Halloween at the latest. If you’re both missing parts I’ll only take points off for parts that the other person has and you don’t, so if you both don’t have a boss you won’t be penalized.

Either way, by then you should at least upload what you have. A low score is better than no score, right?

@Ai - T.a.S.A.I. @TotallyNotAScalie
You both have until Halloween at the latest. If you’re both missing parts I’ll only take points off for parts that the other person has and you don’t, so if you both don’t have a boss you won’t be penalized.

Either way, by then you should at least upload what you have. A low score is better than no score, right?
aaaaa ive been being lazy and working on side projects

Preview (5) (16) (12) (12) (10) (9).png

Hahahaha i spent all week doing this instead of the competition end me!

I need your entries by today! If they’re not in you won’t be judged for your hard work and that would be very sad.

Remember, low score is better than no score.

ha. at this point, school and hw have dragged me down so much that I'll just submit what I have.
Placeables:
Chi_Grass.png
Bamboo_Stacks.png
Chi_Stone.png
Jade.png
Bamboo.png
ShringOTF.png
Spirit_Lantern.png

Chi grass, placed bamboo, chi stone, jade ore, bamboo, a shrine of the forgotten (replaces demon altars), a spirit lantern (replaces shadow orbs)

Materials:
BambooCut.png
HeavenlyAlloy.png
download-1.png
Mined_Jade.png

Chopped spirit bamboo, Heavenly alloy, Chi essence, mined jade

Chi Tools:
ChiHam.png
ChiPick.png
ChiAxe.png
ChiBlade.png
Chi_Bow.png
ChiStaff.png
ChiSummon.png

Hammer, Pick, Axe, Sword, Bow, Magic, Summon

Enemies:
download.png
download-1.png

Chi elemental and unstable Chi elemental.

The victor is apparent, but I'll probably finish this sometime in the future as a full biome! Thanks for having me here!

Hello! This is a very short post, but I just want to say this forum is for Spriteathalon IV, hosted and judged by me. Hopefully I will have the same system and judging ability as of Gigavoir, but currently, there are 6 slots open! We will need a minimum of 4 contestants to start, and more can join throughout ONLY round one.
Categories:
- Originality/Idea Quality;\.
- Palette
- Effort

I look forward to this! Good luck!

C1: Gigavoir
C2: HuzbubberTim
C3: Pixeroot
C4: TerrorPenguin
C5: Melty
C6: SDf

Last edited:
ha. at this point, school and hw have dragged me down so much that I'll just submit what I have.
Placeables:
View attachment 212284 View attachment 212285 View attachment 212286 View attachment 212287 View attachment 212288 View attachment 212289 View attachment 212290
Chi grass, placed bamboo, chi stone, jade ore, bamboo, a shrine of the forgotten (replaces demon altars), a spirit lantern (replaces shadow orbs)

Materials:
View attachment 212293 View attachment 212294 View attachment 212292 View attachment 212291
Chopped spirit bamboo, Heavenly alloy, Chi essence, mined jade

Chi Tools:
View attachment 212302 View attachment 212298 View attachment 212295 View attachment 212296 View attachment 212297 View attachment 212300 View attachment 212299
Hammer, Pick, Axe, Sword, Bow, Magic, Summon

Enemies:
View attachment 212303 View attachment 212304
Chi elemental and unstable Chi elemental.

The victor is apparent, but I'll probably finish this sometime in the future as a full biome! Thanks for having me here!

This looks really good, as does @TotallyNotAScalie’s! It’s true though, school takes FOREVER! I struggle just to get it and a couple chores done each day. You just have to keep pushing through.

Last edited:
I’m going to join, but I am struggling with school right now (getting it all done in a day), so it’s mainly for the competition and feedback. Should still be fun, though!

Also, has anyone here heard of Pixaki? It’s the spriting program I use, and I was just wondering if anybody else has heard about it.

Well, well, well...wellcome to Spriteathalon IV! I’ll be your host and judge, Ai. @TerrorPenguin , @Huzbubber Tim , @Pixeroot , and @Giga , are you ready? The categories are:
-Creativity - your idea is original and not some resprite, and/or is proof of you thinking outside the box! Rated on a scale of 5.
-Palette - hue shift is present, colors complement and blend together nicely. Also out of 5.
-Effort - your work is detailed and shows signs of careful craftsmanship. Out of 10.

Without ado, let’s begin! Your limit is 7 days. ANYONE ELSE INTERSTED CAN CURRENTLY JOIN WITHOUT PENALTY. Winners get a handicap.

First prompt: The ocean is lacking...sprite up a new enemy, and a weapon, accessory, or item that it drops!

Good luck!

Spriteathlon Shark Thing.png
Some shark that I'm too lazy to come up with a name for
Charges at you incredibly fast, likely from off screen, hopefully catching you off guard
Inflicts bleeding, and on death spawns a group of babies which swarm you
The babies deal more damage to bleeding targets

The accessory causes your attacks to inflict bleeding, and any enemy that hits you directly, it will have a baby latch onto them
This baby also does more damage to bleeding targets

Smh a whole week, got it done in the first 2 hours

Oof, forgot to add that if you aren't moving or bleeding, it won't attack you unless it's within a few tiles
Cause it doesn't have eyes

Last edited:
View attachment 212332 Some shark that I'm too lazy to come up with a name for
Charges at you incredibly fast, likely from off screen, hopefully catching you off guard
Inflicts bleeding, and on death spawns a group of babies which swarm you
The babies deal more damage to bleeding targets

The accessory causes your attacks to inflict bleeding, and any enemy that hits you directly, it will have a baby latch onto them
This baby also does more damage to bleeding targets

Smh a whole week, got it done in the first 2 hours
Hot

Back
Top Bottom