Mobile Randomly disappearing money

Sockmonkey367

Official Terrarian
I feel like this money disappearing glitch would be a high, but i dont know. Backstory is that i was helping a mobile player on Tea's (a terraria youtuber) discord. They are new, so i decided to help them out, even if i didn't play mobile. PS3 and mobile aren't THAT different. So i was helping him and he said money disappeared. So i asked him questions and he thought losing money after sign out was normal. Here is the conversation (also i am Spookay Bandana Dee, they are Alonzo35412)
Alonzo35412 Today at 9:03 PM

I noticed my money kinda disapears, but it's not me, because I always let my money inside the chest
Ohhh ok
In my coin slot
Spookay Bandana Dee Today at 9:03 PM
then i think in 3 in game hours as long as it is day, Mr. Merchant SHOULD arrive
Alonzo35412 Today at 9:04 PM
Nice
Spookay Bandana Dee Today at 9:04 PM
is it when u die?
No
I swear it's not me when I die
I have only died 2 or 3 times in the game and not even recently
I can tell I had a lot of money and then I see less and less
I have already killed like more than 200 enemies
Spookay Bandana Dee Today at 9:05 PM
does anybody play with u?
Alonzo35412Today at 9:05 PM
No
I play solo mode
can't be that
Alonzo35412 Today at 9:05 PM
I thought it was normal...or just when you sign of you loose money or something like that
I will keep and eye and that and tell you if it happens again
Spookay Bandana Dee Today at 9:06 PM
losing money when u sign out ISN'T a mechanic
ok!
Alonzo35412Today at 9:06 PM
Alright
I will just keep my eye on the money

So yea. Don't know why it's happening to them. So please tell me some solutions. By the way, it's pre hardmode with no bosses done.

Last edited:
I feel like this money disappearing glitch would be a high, but i dont know. Backstory is that i was helping a mobile player on Tea's (a terraria youtuber) discord. They are new, so i decided to help them out, even if i didn't play mobile. PS3 and mobile aren't THAT different. So i was helping him and he said money disappeared. So i asked him questions and he thought losing money after sign out was normal. Here is the conversation (also i am Spookay Bandana Dee, they are Alonzo35412)
Alonzo35412 Today at 9:03 PM

I noticed my money kinda disapears, but it's not me, because I always let my money inside the chest
Ohhh ok
In my coin slot
Spookay Bandana Dee Today at 9:03 PM
then i think in 3 in game hours as long as it is day, Mr. Merchant SHOULD arrive
Nice
Spookay Bandana Dee Today at 9:04 PM
is it when u die?
No
I swear it's not me when I die
I have only died 2 or 3 times in the game and not even recently
I can tell I had a lot of money and then I see less and less
I have already killed like more than 200 enemies
does anybody play with u?
Alonzo35412Today at 9:05 PM
No
I play solo mode
can't be that
Alonzo35412 Today at 9:05 PM
I thought it was normal...or just when you sign of you loose money or something like that
I will keep and eye and that and tell you if it happens again
Spookay Bandana Dee Today at 9:06 PM
losing money when u sign out ISN'T a mechanic
ok!
Alonzo35412Today at 9:06 PM
Alright
I will just keep my eye on the money

So yea. Don't know why it's happening to them. So please tell me some solutions. By the way, it's pre hardmode with no bosses done.
Hi there @Sockmonkey367, it's certainly nice of you to try to help another player. With the amount of info that is here it would be too difficult to pinpoint where the problem is, if there is a problem.

One thought is that Alonzo may be not noticing when money changes denominations. An example would be having 95 copper and picking up 15 copper. The result is that there is now 1 silver coin and 10 copper coins, but the player only notices that their copper went from 95 to 10 and think they lost money which isn't the case.

If that's not the case then there would need to be a clear illustration of when the money goes missing in order to really look into it. Screenshots and exact details.

Your right, that is what is happening.

But now he oppened a goodie bag, got a skin, put the skin on, didn't like it, and went back to his robot suit, but the legs were missing. He wasn't near any sellers (he was near the guide, and maybe the healer) and he doesn't know how to throw stuff out. He also checked his trash can, but nothing was there. He has searched all of his chests, and this has happened multiple times.

Your right, that is what is happening.

But now he oppened a goodie bag, got a skin, put the skin on, didn't like it, and went back to his robot suit, but the legs were missing. He wasn't near any sellers (he was near the guide, and maybe the healer) and he doesn't know how to throw stuff out. He also checked his trash can, but nothing was there. He has searched all of his chests, and this has happened multiple times.
The quick-equip button can be sketchy sometimes. I have heard from others that armor and vanity pieces go missing sometimes when they equip things using this button.
equip.jpg

Instead, I would recommend just equipping manually. Select the piece of equipment, then tap and drag it onto the character icon. The equipment screen will come up and you can drop it into the spot you'd like.
equip2.jpg

Did he use the auto equip button to equip the armor? Sometimes it erases the original armor. (Can't remember if this got patched or not)

Edit: Ninja'd by Unit One

Here is what he said when i showed it to him:

Alonzo35412Today at 2:57 PM

Dude, what?
I just read the image
They suggest to add sliding the item
That's is what I do everytime, I don't use the weird buttoms
But I have a plan
From now on, I will take of first all my vanity and then put on whatever I want

Here is what he said when i showed it to him:

Alonzo35412Today at 2:57 PM

Dude, what?
I just read the image
They suggest to add sliding the item
That's is what I do everytime, I don't use the weird buttoms
But I have a plan
From now on, I will take of first all my vanity and then put on whatever I want
Sounds like he's got a good plan. :)

The quick-equip button can be sketchy sometimes. I have heard from others that armor and vanity pieces go missing sometimes when they equip things using this button.
View attachment 211167

Instead, I would recommend just equipping manually. Select the piece of equipment, then tap and drag it onto the character icon. The equipment screen will come up and you can drop it into the spot you'd like.
View attachment 211168

Actually, I've learned to go to the Character Tab first, take off my current helm, and then manually place the Chlorophyte Mask on. I've had armour disappear just by swapping an equip with one in my inventory. I've lost some dragon, spectre, and the Tiki head in that fashion, so I'm more careful and take it one step at a time.

Actually, I've learned to go to the Character Tab first, take off my current helm, and then manually place the Chlorophyte Mask on. I've had armour disappear just by swapping an equip with one in my inventory. I've lost some dragon, spectre, and the Tiki head in that fashion, so I'm more careful and take it one step at a time.
That’s a good tip @ShadowOfDarkness, thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom