tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Came back to terraria to play this mod with a few other large mods like calamity and other popular ones, is there known issues or fixes for hosting servers with these mods? After I start a server it works fine for awhile and then after that passes it starts desync and other issues like items deleting before they visually drop and such as enemies flickering to different forms before teleporting away after damaging them.

There wouldn't be a way to remove/change the severe mana sickness debuff right? Just asking cus I'm not a big fan of it, I prefer the original debuff.

Disable either autopause or Overhaul's npc dialog options. They don't interact well with each other.
The only Overhaul NPC options that I could find are in the Camera Settings - "Zoom-In during dialogue" & "Focus on NPC during dialogue". Both were already turned off. Turning off autopause does indeed fix the problem like you said, and it's because of the new scrolling text, but there's nothing to turn the scrolling off (unless I missed it somewhere). I need autopause on, and Overhaul is no longer playable for me without it.

1.jpg

This mod conflicts me. On one hand, I love its aesthetic and atmospheric features, especially the addition of seasons. But on the other hand, I just couldn't care less about the gameplay changes to make the game harder (it's already hard enough in vanilla), and it's also really buggy, as seen in the above screenshots. (I also have the same Autopause problem, and I kind of really need autopause.)

I'd really appreciate options to just keep the aesthetic changes and ignore the gameplay changes, while also having all those bugs fixed.

Hey Mirsario, are you going to make a changelog for the new update?
All updates' changelogs are always on my patreon (it's public), I just kinda got lazy with updating the thread here.

This mod conflicts me. On one hand, I love its aesthetic and atmospheric features, especially the addition of seasons. But on the other hand, I just couldn't care less about the gameplay changes to make the game harder (it's already hard enough in vanilla), and it's also really buggy, as seen in the above screenshots. (I also have the same Autopause problem, and I kind of really need autopause.)

I'd really appreciate options to just keep the aesthetic changes and ignore the gameplay changes, while also having all those bugs fixed.
I'm planning to host a vote for what to add next to the mod after some bugfixes and a music update, one of the options will be a configuration update.. but there'll also be an option to reimplement autoreuse, which I'm sure many people are gonna vote for.
[doublepost=1541870196,1541870034][/doublepost]
Playing on 4K? No idea why'd that happen to the guide, lmfao.
[doublepost=1541870324][/doublepost]
After updating to Overhaul 3.1.2 (from 3.0.1, I think), only the first letter of every NPC conversation appears.
Yeah, basic screw-up, I'll see if I'll find time to fix it tomorrow.

This is probably my favorite Mod for Terraria now after seeing it featured on a few videos. That said I did notice the incompatibility with Krpg *Currently* and I noticed that there was a community patch but it seems that it breaks after some in game time on a dedicated host (in SP however it works perfectly fine). Since the general consensus is that both mods are incompatible will there be any progress update on compatibility? or should this question be reserved for Kalicphoz?

You've done a pretty good job at changing the basic style of Terraria. I think I'll never build anything with wood again even vanilla... The fire is just too traumatizing.
Anyway I'd like you to change or correct some things. I'm not completely sure whether it's overhaul or a different mod but since this is the only mod to change movement I'm convinced it can only be this one.
First of all there should be some fix about the additional movements caused by equipment such as the flippers or the floating carpet. I couldn't figure out how to use them since all I could do was to single-jump.
Next I'd like to see my vanity items again. The only things that are still visible are the vanity armour slots. Everything else is invisible (except shields and equipment that overlays the armour like boots) when I'm ingame, while in the character selection everything is perfectly fine.
Then there seems to be a problem with the hooks. If I am hooked to the ceiling and try to unhook by jumping nothing happens. I think it is because you can't actually make a movement by jumping when there is a block above you.

Hey there...searched google, wiki and this thread and couldn't find an answer...

Is there a way to not have my screen jump all over the place as it is following my mouse cursor??

Hey there...searched google, wiki and this thread and couldn't find an answer...

Is there a way to not have my screen jump all over the place as it is following my mouse cursor??
on the home screen click on "overhaul settings" then "clientside settings" then "camera settings" then click on "fixed camera" to turn it on

Is it possible to download the previous version (before 3.1.2)? The latest one is completely unplayable for me, because of the scrolling NPC text + autopause bug.

This is a great mod, I love it!!
I just have 1 problem, wel, the problem may lay by me, I'm not sure.
The blood splatter of the game is great, but for some reason myne just doesn't show most of the time (blood on tiles). I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just something rong at my end. Once again, thanks Marsaria for a great mod!!

Ahh I personally think that mod's wil always have a problem, somewhere, either small or big. I think if we just leave it to them, give them time, all the bugs and such we know of, wil be fixed!

Some mods that add abilities based on melee damage dont seem to register the new melee system as and actual melee hit and therefore wont activate. Im using the Experience and Classes mod by saerus and im using the assassin class and melee strikes wont trigger the the assassinate affect when every other melee weapon that doesn't use the overhauls system does, and when I deactivate the item overhauls they work, but I dont want to disable the item overhauls because they are half of what makes this mod so great. This isn't the only mod to do it either, I had another class mod before it that had an active ability where it would boost your melee damage for the next 5 melee hits, the damage was buffed but it wouldn't count the hits as melee hits so it would just keep the damage forever, if there's a simple fix for this I would be more than willing to hear it as i want to use one of my all time favorite mods with one of my all time favorite classes.

Thank you for your time

hey amgio mira I have a problem / bug that frustrates me a lot, this is usually manifested when I'm in a cave or something deep my camera starts to move like crazy and I start to teleport everywhere and when I want to fight with the d
evourer not I can: / they could fix it or give advice

Back
Top Bottom