Terraria: State of the Game (11/8/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noice!!! i cant wait!!! will be waiting for the updates.....
As far as I know, for a long time the goal was to have 1.3.6 released at the end of the year. Though I believe last month Cenx implied it would probably not be finished this year. When precisely, we don't really know. Until we get confirmation to the contrary, though, I'm just hoping it is able to be finished some time around when Shovel Knight: King of Cards comes out in April next year.
Same.

Beside being very vague, It's cool to know that there will be new blood moon monsters, I wonder if they will begin appearing on Hardmode.

Can't wait for the 1.3.6 update! I'm building myself a new PC in a couple months and I'm thinking of getting a custom side panel that is Terraria themed! I'm also looking forward to seeing some performance updates to the Xbox One edition as that's my primary system for Terraria and going from the perfect 60fps that I was getting pre 1.3 to the piddly 15 to 30 fps right now is really killing my Terraria experience. Loving all the teasers and loving 1.3.6! Have a great day if you are reading this and goodbye!

index.php

*plod, plod, plod* "RAWWWR!!"

Translation: "Why can't I eat Terrarians NOW?!"

And the Terrarians respond, "Why can't we slaughter this thing NOW?!"

Seriously can't wait! :nursenaughty:

one of the developers who hired from the moders community was the calamity? if it were so 1.3.6 would be a bomb

The only thing about this that severely disappoints me is that console players will have to wait 3 years to get 1.3.6 at all :(

This fish creature... is disgusting, but cool to add in Blood Moons as a fishable monster, just like Duke Fishron :)

And dripplers/blood zombies aren't? Personally I think they're more disgusting... One is a floating mass of flesh covered with eyes and the other is a humanoid-shaped walking blood clot. The fish thing will fit right into the cast of the blood moon.

Greetings, Terrarians!

We hope that you’re enjoying the latest patch for Xbox One & PlayStation 4. As promised, we want to provide you with a quick monthly status update on all platforms.

PS4 & Xbox One
View attachment 212778

As alluded to in the previous state of the game post there’s some technical housekeeping that Pipeworks are in the process of completing. This includes a Unity Engine update and some platform-specific PlayStation/Xbox Development Kit software updates. These perhaps aren’t as interesting as prior updates, but they do provide much-needed under-the-hood work that will remove development bottlenecks to keep things running smoothly moving forward.

Along with that, we’ve been monitoring bugs and issues coming in from the wild. Those have been collected and we’re in the process of prioritizing them with our partners at 505 Games. Once we have additional information on which issues will be addressed we’ll let you know. Just know that your reports and feedback is being reviewed. We want you to know that loud and clear! Keep it coming.

As you saw from @Cenx's twitter picture just a week or so ago (https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/1054807176869527554), Switch is real and Redigit has had it in his hands! It’s been a really great month production wise – and we’ve had great fun reviewing the milestone with touch functionality integrated.

The next production milestone is going to be focused on Re-Logic feedback on the UI and the implementation of features we have requested.

We think the build looks and feels great. Terraria really feels at home on Switch and we are starting to see the benefits emerge from having a unified codebase. There’s still a lot of work left to do, but the team is happy where things are at right now – still looking good for that 2019 launch.

Just as with Switch, seeing is believing on this, so that’s what we are working towards. More news on this soon.

As you all know 1.3.6 is heavily in development for PC. We have added many new features and mechanics, hired several part time programmers from the mod community, and significantly added to the soundtrack of the game!We are very excited to announce the most recent edition to Terraria; Blood Moon Fishing! During Blood Moons you will now be able to fish up disgusting new monsters for a chance at new loot related to the Blood Moon! Below you will see a new work-in-progress enemy you can expect to see.

Thank you.

Gotta say, I got to play around a bit with the Switch version, and it feels great. Still a lot of work left to be done, but things are shaping up nicely. The growing pains of PS4 & Xbox One, and all those fixes are having a measurable impact on Switch with the unified codebase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom