Khaios' Build Spectacle

What "class" do you prefer to play in Terraria?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, how many ideas for buildings and building tips. Well, what im a camunist if i dont communistake it. Your work is interesting and your adventure map is cool!I wish you success and creative inspiration!

btw, I couldn't find the tutorial for it… is it a video? or a post on this thread? thanks in advance
Hmmm. I thought I had posted an image on how the house is built in this thread, but it appears I forgot to >.< Bleh. Haha.
I haven't done a video on it yet in my channel, but I will eventually.

It isn't too complicated tho. You line the chains with platforms (I used metal shelf because it's relatively thin and hard to see). This not only allows the entire chain to count as an interior to the house, but it also fulfills the door requirement for a valid house. Behind the chain, you need to place walls. Iron fence is a great fit, because it's hard to see behind the chain, so it doesn't detract from the look. You'll also need walls in all other parts of the "house" which is up to you for design choice.

The chair is with the guide, and is painted black. There's also a lamp hanging above the chair and painted black (and turned off for me). The table(s) are at the very top of the chains, where you see the gibbet connects to whatever it is hanging on. Again, you'll need to make sure there are walls behind the tables.

And that's it! You just need to make sure the chain is long enough to fulfill the minimum amount of space for a valid house.

Hmmm. I thought I had posted an image on how the house is built in this thread, but it appears I forgot to >.< Bleh. Haha.
I haven't done a video on it yet in my channel, but I will eventually.
*snip*

Wow this is really well thought! Thanks a lot for sharing! I'll put all my NPC in gibbets for the sacrifice, starting with the clothier!

Hey Terrarians! Sorry I haven't been posting here as often as I used to. I've been focusing quite hard on learning how to video edit, and growing my youtube channel, so just making builds for the fun of it, and posting the screenshots here seems to have been placed on the back-burner. That said, I do still do random builds for fun! I was recently asked why I don't link some of those build videos to this channel, and tbh, it just hadn't occurred to me >.<

First, the bad news: Some of you may notice that the download links to my worlds are no longer on the original post (nor are they on my old build thread). This is because the links are broken due to dropbox deleting my account from inactivity -.- I hadn't transferred those worlds from the cloud to my new computer, because it was never a high priority with me; thinking they were safely backed up on the cloud. Foolish mistake, and the downloads are forever gone. Sorry folks! IF somehow, I get a hold of some of the worlds (by people who have un-edited versions of them downloaded, perhaps), I'll recreate download links. But that is unlikely. I might rebuild a couple of the more iconic ones as a homage (like the castle in the clouds), but I'm still debating--I generally don't like to revisit a build when it's done, and I like to keep moving forward.

Now the better news ^.^

The original post on this thread has been updated to include a few of the timelapse builds I've done on my channel (only ones I think are relevant to this thread). Additionally, under the "Extras" section of the original post, I have linked two playlists where I have posted my tutorial and design build tip videos! So if you'd like to see some guides, you can check them out from the original post.

The plan moving forward for this thread is likely to continue posting timelapse videos here. I'll try and make some still-image posts as well, as I know some people prefer screenshots to videos, but almost everything I build from here on out will be recorded (I'm taking this youtube thing seriously). Let me know if you guys are on-board with this plan for the thread, or if you think I should just keep it to screenshots. Do you all want to see how everything is built in-game? Or just a final image?

Either way, I hope you all are having a great day! ^.^

Bad news -> Dropbox did same with my programmation projects archives a while ago. what a pain, you've got all my support! :eek::(
Good news -> I'll rush to Watch them :naughty:Thx!

Heya Terrarians!
I have a new build tip video up, showing you four medieval wall designs ^.^
Here's a snapshot of a couple of the finished houses!
Medieval Walls.png

Howdy Terrarians!

I have updated this post with a link to a timelapse steampunk tower video!
Here's a spoilery image of it, if that's more your cup o' tea ^.^

105600_20190407141428_1.png

Hey Terrarians! Here in Japan, the Sakura (cherry blossom trees) are in full bloom...okay, maybe not on the island I'm living on. It's a bit warmer, so they bloomed in Feb...but in the rest of Japan, the Sakura are in full bloom! Which means Sakura Festivals! I've done a build inspired by them. The timelapse has been added to this thread's original post, but you can find a still shot of it here! ^.^

Sakura Festival Stillshot.png

Just found your Youtube channel, and holy heck, I imagined your voice sounding way different from what it actually is.

Also, wonderful tutorial on the tiny houses, will need to look into that when I get the time! :dryadpassionate:

Just found your Youtube channel, and holy heck, I imagined your voice sounding way different from what it actually is.

Also, wonderful tutorial on the tiny houses, will need to look into that when I get the time! :dryadpassionate:
Bleh my voice D: Glad you liked the tutorial tho ^.^ Haven't seen you active in a while! I look forward to seeing you build again :3

Bleh my voice D: Glad you liked the tutorial tho ^.^ Haven't seen you active in a while! I look forward to seeing you build again :3
I honestly thought 1.3.6 would have come out half a year ago, so I've been waiting for it, clearly I should have just done something else in game first while waiting.

Apparently we are getting iron brick? I'm excited for iron brick. Just came here from the Terraria subreddit, apparently we are getting exploding kittens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom