tModLoader WeaponOut

Hi! I'd like to report an unfortunate incompatability. The Weaponout rendering doesn't work well with Crouch, Crawl, and Roll. When doing any of the above in that mod (not Overhaul's, this is a seperate mod) the held weapon will render as floating underneath the player by a few blocks and it's exceptionally awkward.
Not sure if it's possible to do but maybe have it disable weapon rendering when the player's rendering is messed with in an unusual way (i.e. size, rotation, etc. changed rather than having a shader applied or something).

Question, this has been bugging me for a while, how do you get frostflame fist or hidden dragon fist? can't find it on wiki or youtube so I am currently stuck with the one from duke fishoron

Frostflame, if I recall, is from the Frost Moon? Not certain.
Hidden Dragon is a drop from defeating Betsy (3rd tier Dungeon Defender event boss) with fists.

Hey! Decided to create an account because this mod is amazing. Seriously, weapons showing is lowkey amazing, but I LOVE the way you did unarmed. It feels so... well, comic book superhuman. I have a giant floating eyeball spawned from the corpse of insanity... and I fight it by ragingly charging at it with my fist. It is dynamic, and I think mostly reflects how to make melee work in a game like this.

That said, I echo other sentiments; fists get OP. Except to say in "hardmode", I think, pins it too late. For vanilla bosses, at least, it does not take long, mostly with content just from this mod, to break boss fights, in Expert. First time I got to hardmode with this mod on, with no HM armor or weapons, only the demon fist, I got all 3 mech bosses to spawn pretty early. The Twins at least could hurt me, mostly cuz I wasn't really prepared to fight them and had not yet decided best way to deal with them as unarmed (IME, reverse the order of which eye dies first from what seems to be common practice.) But Skeletron Prime died far more easily than he should have... and I actually just broke the Destroyer fight.

The thing is, it isn't even the damage. I mean, the fists hurt quick, but they still have to connect. Rather, the synergy of the I-frames, attack speed, and lifesteal/regen on hit effects mean that it is way too easy to build a character who, simply, sticks on a boss like a fly to honey cuz that keeps him going. As fun as it is in some ways, it means I break boss mechanics, have no use for boss arena builds, and relish what is supposed to be a commonly avoided boss tactic, trying to clip me. Like I said, for Twins, I found kill Retinazor first better, cuz Spazmatism is too stupid to stop getting in my face to blast flames... which I just punch through.

I think the way you set up the sashes suggest what you had in mind: wait for a good moment, dive in, get some shots, learn when to disengage before you get hurt and you can heal up any residual damage. But again, ESPECIALLY with Frenzy Heart, the other option is Just. Keep. Punching. And not even dives or uppercuts or charges or whatnot, but just simple punches, cuz that keeps the I-frame, stick to target chain going. I can't say for sure the best solution, but one bruteforce method that comes to mind: set a timer on the I-frames. It is only cuz I am likely to get multiple hits in before I next get touched, which gives me plenty of chances to regain health and just procs Frenzy anyways, that this works. If you had, like, 5 seconds or so before you HAD to stop punching, it would at least give time for the boss to actually, ya know, do its thing. Include a slighter cooldown timer to taste. Again, I think the mechanic is mostly right, it just needs to somehow make it that you HAVE to let up and spend some time still playing the boss as intended. But right now, it is too easy to just say "nah, imma punch moar."

EDIT: That style slash looks amazing.
The sashes basically encapsulate the kind of style I wanted fists to be - darting back and forth, straddling a fine line between massive dps and death. Unfortunately I only realised that properly like, halfway into development, and I certainly don't have the big chunks of time to try at it again like I used to. Plus, I don't have too much knowledge over the end-game Terraria stuff in terms of balance, maybe because I never finished the game didn't playtest enough.

The frenzy heart was part "it looks cool" and part a way to deal with how enemies in expert mode really dish out the pain. It's nigh impossible to balance fists for both normal and expert mode and have them work nicely without basically assigning custom thresholds for the sashes/combos etc. since things behave so differently between them. Honestly if I had better motivation and organisation I would like to have come back to fix up the way fist progression works.

But the way it stands now I would rather think that I can do more innovative things by taking lessons from making the fist weapons, and move onto other weapon types, and possibly my Expeditions mod. I'm not a very devoted modder, so I can't deliver on large amounts of content, but I'll darn well try to adapt and deliver some semi-polished, janky weapon systems to Terraria for people to mess about with, whilst learning how to code myself!

I'll try a reduced/stamina-like i-frame system, but I'd need more playtesting and feedback before something like that can go live.

I think that this is a very cool and wonderful mod, but there is one thing that is worrisome.
Weapon Visual of Dart Pistol is currently classified as "Long Guns"
It is a weapon in the form of a hand gun so it is more natural to think that it is classified as "Small Guns".
Dart pistols are long, so they are classified as long guns. Eventually there will be a way to overwrite this behaviour. But not yet.

I have an issue where Dashing just kind of stops working at random times. I'll be fighting Slime King with Phoenix Mark thinking I can dash right through him when he's about to close in on me. Nope. I just walk straight into him because the dash wouldn't register. It'll happen randomly as I'm exploring, too. I like to use the dash to speed boost me, but it'll just stop working for a good 3 seconds. I get there's a delay between each dash, but this is on a whole other level.
I know what you're on about but I can't remember a good way to replicate and test this. The reason for it this is something to do with how fast the game thinks your top speed is, and only stops the "dash" when you go below that top speed + dash speed. If you can find a good way to get it to happen (amybea loadout thing like having certain accessories equipped that modify run speed), then I can try fixing it on my end.

Hi! I'd like to report an unfortunate incompatability. The Weaponout rendering doesn't work well with Crouch, Crawl, and Roll. When doing any of the above in that mod (not Overhaul's, this is a seperate mod) the held weapon will render as floating underneath the player by a few blocks and it's exceptionally awkward.
Not sure if it's possible to do but maybe have it disable weapon rendering when the player's rendering is messed with in an unusual way (i.e. size, rotation, etc. changed rather than having a shader applied or something).
I'll note it down to take a look though I can't guarantee it's something I can fix. Thanks though.

Question, this has been bugging me for a while, how do you get frostflame fist or hidden dragon fist? can't find it on wiki or youtube so I am currently stuck with the one from duke fishoron
Yeah Frostflame is from defeating Ice Queen with a fist weapon. For most high end weapons you can generally assume you need to punch something to death to unlock it. We have a wiki!

LOVE this mod, especially when I used to be able to play it alongside with Overhaul crazy new physics. made me feel like DBZ all over the place.

Does anyone else have this problem where you cant use your wings? As in i can put them in my accessories slot but when i try to fly it flies up to my jump height (which also is the normal jump height of terraria characters).

Does anyone else have this problem where you cant use your wings? As in i can put them in my accessories slot but when i try to fly it flies up to my jump height (which also is the normal jump height of terraria characters).
You didn't accidentally put them in a vanity slot, right? Because I've never had wing issues with WeaponOut.

This is not recommended for mods, as with things like the exoblade [calamity] it just floats. its not even touching you.

This is not recommended for mods, as with things like the exoblade [calamity] it just floats. its not even touching you.
To be fair, Calamity is on the absurd end of the spectrum when it comes to weapon sizes, just like it is when it comes to anything.

However yeah, there could definitely be some better handling in place for larger items in general. As it stands, the size of a sprite can determine if it's placed on the hip or back. I might suggest in a future update, have a config option to outright hide "overly large" weapons automatically, if they're detected as being too big to be reasonably displayed.

I have a question about why fists just aren't working for me. Sometimes they'll randomly deal damage when I'm nowhere near the enemy, but most of the time I just end up hurting myself trying to hit them. I can't figure out what the heck is going on here.

I have a question about why fists just aren't working for me. Sometimes they'll randomly deal damage when I'm nowhere near the enemy, but most of the time I just end up hurting myself trying to hit them. I can't figure out what the heck is going on here.
Possibly lag, or you may have another mod installed that is conflicting.
I've seen a number of mods that alter player physics or hitboxes or immunity frames that can cause fists to almost, or completely stop functioning. I'm afraid I can't remember off the top of my head which ones can cause this, however.

Possibly lag, or you may have another mod installed that is conflicting.
I've seen a number of mods that alter player physics or hitboxes or immunity frames that can cause fists to almost, or completely stop functioning. I'm afraid I can't remember off the top of my head which ones can cause this, however.
I did some testing and discovered that the mod that's causing the problem is directional melee, which is a shame because it's a really good QoL mod. ;-;
I don't suppose there's something you might be able to do to fix it?

I did some testing and discovered that the mod that's causing the problem is directional melee, which is a shame because it's a really good QoL mod. ;-;
I don't suppose there's something you might be able to do to fix it?
Oh yes, now I remember. That was in fact the cause in my case too.
And by "you" doing something to fix it, do you mean me? Afraid not. I have 0 Terraria modding experience on the development side of things.
If I had the knowhow I'd gladly make a patch to get them to work together even if it took some fiddling around, but sadly I just don't know how.

Oh yes, now I remember. That was in fact the cause in my case too.
And by "you" doing something to fix it, do you mean me? Afraid not. I have 0 Terraria modding experience on the development side of things.
If I had the knowhow I'd gladly make a patch to get them to work together even if it took some fiddling around, but sadly I just don't know how.
Oh, sorry! I must've mistaken you for a developer of the mod, haha. Honestly dunno how my brain came up with that, but eh.

Updated to v1.6.4 for tModLoader v10.1.5

Hey guys and girls, it's that time of the year where I have enough time to pretend like I'm still actively modding! You may have already noticed that I released this yesterday, after which I immediately snoozed for many hour.
Anyways as a general FYI, cool places:
  • Discord server yay, it's chill and you can poke me with words from time to time.
  • Wiki wow. Thanks to everyone who's been putting effort into maintaining it, it's amazing.
  • Trello, if you ever want to see all the amazing progress planned or otherwise. Any bugs I read about on this thread usually ends up on there.
  • GitHub for nerds
Righto, time for the meat of this post. Oh yeah, the new stuff probably won't work with Overhaul for the time being, sorry! Other known conflicts that are known and will be worked on: Crouch and Roll, Directional Melee

Additions

4WCOF3Z.png

* You can now choose how you want to hold an item! Right click on the Weapon Visible icon in the top left of the inventory to cycle hold styles. These options are saved to a file in the /Mod Configs/ folder, so they'll stay that way once you set them.
* Conglomerate functions of Onsoku, Hayauchi and Raiden into a melee weapon type: Sabers.
* Wooden Saber, charge attack deals increased knockback.
* Boreal Saber, charge attack slashes twice in quick succession.
* Palm Saber, charge attack launches enemies upwards.
* Mahogany Saber, charge attack lunges forwards without changing momentum
* Enchanted Saber, same as the vanilla sword but now its a saber.
* Beam Sabers, in 6 functionally identical colours! Made from gems, and charge attack increases range.
* Caving Tent, another camping tent this time made from Cobwebs and Wood.
WCXEUjV.png

Changes

7gsU6qN.png
Steam Persuader resprite by @Alena
* Onsoku DPS increased, as well as dash hitbox. No longer has a delay before dashing. As a saber, it now has an instant slash attack, with greater range.
* Hayauchi DPS and charge speed increased. Stand still to unleash a powerful draw attack, but you can now charge on the move. As a saber it now has an instant slash attack. The draw strike can be aimed, and deals guaranteed crits after a certain distance.
* Raiden normal slashes can now be aimed. The special attack can now only strike up to 15 targets, but can be aimed so the last target is the one closest to the cursor.
* Splinter Shot breaks apart later, and has a small visual indicator. Increased spread.
* Perihelion recipes revised, and no longer loses the vanilla recipe when Thorium is enabled.
* Voodoo Arm ignores Fishing Rods
* Nebula Blaze is hidden when held.

raidenaiming.gif

Fixes

* Net optimisation (thanks Mirsario)!
* Fixed Mirror badge not reflecting projectiles in MP.
* Fixed camping tent bug that prevented it being used as a respawn location (finally!).
* Fixed potential CTD caused by config load issues with fist weapons.
* Fixed wrong tooltip displayed in mod hotkeys.
* Fixe typos.

For Modders - New Mod Calls

* "SetFrenzyHeart", Player player, boolean state
* "AddCustomPreDrawMethod", Func(Player, Item, DrawData, returns bool show) customMethod
* "AddCustomHoldMethod", Func(Player, Item, int holdType, returns int holdType) customMethod

updatewoo.gif

And that's all folk. See you all in say... 8 months :p

Last edited:
Updated to v1.6.4 for tModLoader v10.1.5
[mother of snips]
And that's all folk. See you all in say... 8 months :p
Ah! Just wanted to say thank you so much for continuing to update this mod despite being so busy!
WeaponOut continues to be one of my absolute must-have mods thanks to all the truly unique content it adds!
I'm super happy Sabers are a thing now; I wanted to do a playthrough with them for so long but with only three that didn't seem feasible.
Very glad they all got buffed too! As fun as they are, in the state they were in they didn't work all too well with much of Terraria's content.
Also thank you for looking into the incompatabilities, though I'm not expecting them all to be quick fixes or anything. It would be amazing to use many of these mods together, especially since all of the mentioned ones have become some form or another of must-haves for me.

...Also I somehow didn't realize before that you made Expeditions too. Amazing work on that! Granted, it does need some updates and fixes eventually but even in its current state it's a brilliant addition to the game overall!

Back
Top Bottom