What are you thoughts: Why Forums like this one havn't died out.

This is a question I often ask myself, forums in general are a dying thing of the past (I blame steam mostly, but there's other reasons), however, but there are some that continue to not only survive, but thrive, such as this one!

The old Serious Sam website & forum (that no longer exists) that I was part of for 10+ died out not that long ago after 18+ years of service. While I know why it did, today I'd like to ask:

Why do you feel that hasn't happened to the Terraria forums?

IMO, I noticed alot of forums that have steam integrated logins are still alive and kicking VS those with old fashion account registration. Also the forums are still overlooked and backed by Relogic themselves, which is another reason; they could have just moved all their operations to Steam but they didn't and I'm grateful for that.

Why would you blame Steam? Nobody uses Steam forums and it doesn't provide the same service regardless. If anything blame Discord and Reddit.

Regardless, the TCF is a relatively new forum and it's held aloft almost entirely by the demand for the suggestions and hook-up sections.

Why would you blame Steam? Nobody uses Steam forums and it doesn't provide the same service regardless. If anything blame Discord and Reddit.

Regardless, the TCF is a relatively new forum and it's held aloft almost entirely by the demand for the suggestions and hook-up sections.
Not for this game, but many other games do.
Maybe I'm just a bit salty that's the way the Serious Sam series went, but because Relogic didn't, we have this.
Yeah, I'd blame other social media platforms as well. Keep in mind Forums are, a very idea old that barely works now a days; a relic of the past. But some can find ways to make it work.
Thanks for the insight

Why create a new user account and a new password and read through the rules and restrictions to post a message that few people will see? You've already got a Facebook account, just put your comment on the game's page and move on.
Why set up your own forum if Steam, Reddit, Facebook etc. already has an equivalent? Running a forum takes work. You need to set it up, host it, moderate it, maintain it... let someone else do the work.

For better or worse, that's just how things are nowadays. Everyone can set up or join a forum, but not everyone wants to go to the effort of doing so.

Why create a new user account and a new password and read through the rules and restrictions to post a message that few people will see? You've already got a Facebook account, just put your comment on the game's page and move on.
Why set up your own forum if Steam, Reddit, Facebook etc. already has an equivalent? Running a forum takes work. You need to set it up, host it, moderate it, maintain it... let someone else do the work.

For better or worse, that's just how things are nowadays. Everyone can set up or join a forum, but not everyone wants to go to the effort of doing so.
I think forums like this exist because of the community wanted it, and there's a bit of magic behind it

Back
Top Bottom