tModLoader [WIP] DMode Mod

Do you like the mod's concept?

• Great! I want to test this right away!

• Yeah. Cool.

• I'm afraid of breaking the game...

• Not so good. Needs polishing.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I see an update
"Enemies
Most of the enemies have a random level that increases for every boss killed, being [0 - 4] the starting level range. The higher the level of an enemy is, the more life, defense and damage it has, consequently increasing it's soul value upon death."
it's good

mod already have a GUI?
Unfortunately, making a GUI is hard and highly time taking. But don't be sad, I'll work hard on it.
[doublepost=1531668169,1531667964][/doublepost]
the mod looks pretty dope; you should slap the mod up on the mod browser because i want to know when it's updated n' all
When it reaches a stable Beta version, you may see it in Mod Browser. And also, you mean Peaches the musician or the fruit peach?:D

damn sorry for not responding lol

just a name i came up with when trying to be cutesy or something
still love the mod

Hi people, the bases of the infusion system are finally finished and the last alpha version soon will be released (about 2 days).
About the GUI, it will take a time for me to learn how to code it, and hopefully next year, I will have much more time to dedicate myself in modding Terraria.
I thanks you guys that tested it until now and your patience. See you in the next update!

Hello there, Doctor Moonbad here. So, today I'm releasing a new version, the Beta 0.1; Straightforwardly, the wooden sword bug is finally fixed, as well as some other tiny details. The crafting requirements of the Upgrade Gems have been severally reduced, and the Infusion System is now usable. Now, both of these upgrades increase the weapons damage by a minimun of 1; this was added mostly because, in the early game, such as in pre-hardmode, items have a base damage so low that a percentage based system alone can't increase their damage even by one, but now is all good. All that sad, remember that I'm always open for new ideas for the mod. Thanks for playing my mod, and have fun! See you in the next update!

Hi there, Doctor Moonbad here. Today is the day we finally start to think on the first non-W.I.P. version of the mod. I've been fixing a lot of bugs and also testing some compatibility with other mods, which in most cases it was OK, but not sure about multiplayer, just because I haven't tested it. You guys should be able to play D-MODE with the biggest mods, such as Calamity or Tremor and such. I'm also going to work on a tutorial video when the first 100% stable version is complete. Now, as for the news:
- All damage classes (Melee, Magic, Ranged ...) have at least an infusion passive that can be activated when reaching level 1 in the system.
- Armor pieces will soon have the Skill System and the Quality System implemented (not sure about Infusion though).

And that's all I remember for now, Thanks for playing and have fun! See you in the next update!

Found your mod recently and I've got to say that im very suprised to how good it actually is.
Also wanted to report a bug I found right away: When you try to level up the skill level with a green orb that gives 100 exp it will eventuelly just reset the weapon exp back to 0 without increasing the skill level. Maybe want to check that out.

Other than that I think its a great concept and can work out really well.

Found your mod recently and I've got to say that im very suprised to how good it actually is.
Also wanted to report a bug I found right away: When you try to level up the skill level with a green orb that gives 100 exp it will eventuelly just reset the weapon exp back to 0 without increasing the skill level. Maybe want to check that out.

Other than that I think its a great concept and can work out really well.

I appreciate that, also, thanks for reporting the bug, I'm already working on it.
EDIT: I've corrected it, it's all good now!

The game crashed when I tried to use this mod with Calamity Mod's Revengeance Mode, after hovering mouse over rage bar and then D-Heart item.
Here is the crash log.
upload_2018-12-25_20-18-2.png

EDIT: The game crashed even when I only used this mod.

Last edited:
I think if your mod clued people more into what it is, they'd Download it more (IE if the title had RPG in it)
Surely. Soon I'll need to rewrite the main page.

The game crashed when I tried to use this mod with Calamity Mod's Revengeance Mode, after hovering mouse over rage bar and then D-Heart item.
Here is the crash log.

EDIT: The game crashed even when I only used this mod.
Hello, exact same problem as @c2i39400.
Hovering with the mouse on a weapon, tool or armor give that error and crash.
Same issue as both people above.

It seems that the crash is caused by a conflict with Calamity's user interface. This crash also occurs on Hero's mod and Cheat Sheet mod. I'll try to solve it as fast as possible.

Hi there, Moonbad here. So, here's the thing: I'm going to pause the updates until I remove all the errors related to this issue, not only because of it, but also because it is slowing my flow of work (because of the constant crashes). I also found other bugs and balance mistakes I should have corrected a long time ago. See you guys soon, and sorry for the damn bugs.

No problem man, modding is hard if you plan to do a lot of things like in your mod, take the time you need to fix everything ;).

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hey there! Moonbad here. A stable version of the mod is finally out, but unfortunately without the Infusion System. I've changed a lot of things, but manly, the concept of the Skill System has been reworked: now, every item can have up to 10 different owners, each one with a different skill level with that item. The Quality System is stronger at the begging of the game scaling with the player's maximum life, Power Crystals cost much less, Green Orbs and Destiny Boxes are easier to get and monsters have at least 1 Soul Point with them... (holy, that's a lot of stuff to handle...). That's it for today, and do not worry, the Infusion System is going to come back soon, I'm just making it better and less buggy. See you in the next update!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hey there! Moonbad here. A stable version of the mod is finally out, but unfortunately without the Infusion System. I've changed a lot of things, but manly, the concept of the Skill System has been reworked: now, every item can have up to 10 different owners, each one with a different skill level with that item. The Quality System is stronger at the begging of the game scaling with the player's maximum life, Power Crystals cost much less, Green Orbs and Destiny Boxes are easier to get and monsters have at least 1 Soul Point with them... (holy, that's a lot of stuff to handle...). That's it for today, and do not worry, the Infusion System is going to come back soon, I'm just making it better and less buggy. See you in the next update!
hey, i just tried it and experienced the crashes appearing, for some reason on MP only when someone else hosted it. didnt appear other way round for any of us

hey, i just tried it and experienced the crashes appearing, for some reason on MP only when someone else hosted it. didnt appear other way round for any of us
I was expecting a multiplayer bug since all single player ones are solved. I'll see this one.
[doublepost=1546441054,1546440513][/doublepost]
Ok! I've tested it on a multiplayer server, with only 3 mods: Calamity, DMode and Cheat Sheet, and it did not crashed. I suppose you have other mods installed that are conflicting not with my mod, but with Calamity or vice-versa. It's unfortunate, but I recommend you to try to test some mod combinations to see where the crash resides.

Well, in Single Player mode if i hover on the wooden bow (crafting option) while crafting menù is open i get a crash.
I need to try without any mod but i only had active Hero's Mod, More ammo mod and Cheat Sheet.

upload_2019-1-3_0-37-0.png

Is it normal for a weapon that has not been crafted to have skill?

Edit: It seem have the same skill value as the weapon in 1st hotbar.

Edit2: the same skill value as the weapon that the player last used

Edit3: When I crafted new weapon, those exist weapons' skill values seem also reset to zero.

Last edited:
View attachment 214967
Is it normal for a weapon that has not been crafted to have skill?
No! Not at All! there's something really wrong there!

Well, in Single Player mode if i hover on the wooden bow (crafting option) while crafting menù is open i get a crash.
I need to try without any mod but i only had active Hero's Mod, More ammo mod and Cheat Sheet.
I finally located the bug and it's related to the skill system. I'm working on it.
[doublepost=1546447784,1546447468][/doublepost]Bug fixed! But now, every time an item is crafted, it won't be owned automatically. To own it, just pick it up from the ground again.

Back
Top Bottom