Weapons & Equip Crossbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwertleite

Skeletron Prime
Equivalent For Sniper Rifle Like It Can Have Higher Damage But In Med Fire Rate And Have High Velocity And Can Use Sniper Scope Accesories (Zoom) Damage : 125
Critical Rate: 32%

Last edited:
This is extremely undetailed, but so are a lot of the posts in this section. I'd like to know more about your suggestion ^-^

Crossbows exist in the form of Repeaters and the Stake Launcher and the Sniper Rifle occupies the 'no auto-fire single-shot (technically) massive damage' niche fairly well, so I doubt this suggestion will really make it anywhere unless it has something more unique to offer. Making it deal more damage than the Sniper while having a medium use time would actually be more powerful than the Sniper, since it's Use Time is Slow. This proposed weapon is literally better than the Sniper in every single way, having higher use time, higher crit rate, and the ability to use all the same accessories.

I would suggest moving it to prehardmode, having it serve as a prehardmode sniper which is stronger than the musket but a lot slower and has the ability to zoom.

Crossbows exist in the form of Repeaters and the Stake Launcher and the Sniper Rifle occupies the 'no auto-fire single-shot (technically) massive damage' niche fairly well, so I doubt this suggestion will really make it anywhere unless it has something more unique to offer. Making it deal more damage than the Sniper while having a medium use time would actually be more powerful than the Sniper, since it's Use Time is Slow. This proposed weapon is literally better than the Sniper in every single way, having higher use time, higher crit rate, and the ability to use all the same accessories.

I would suggest moving it to prehardmode, having it serve as a prehardmode sniper which is stronger than the musket but a lot slower and has the ability to zoom.
The zoom effect massively increases enemy spawning, which might be a problem with pre-hardmode mobility and balance.

Reactions: Bry
The zoom effect massively increases enemy spawning, which might be a problem with pre-hardmode mobility and balance.
Mm. I suppose that's true. Without the zoom or anything special I feel it would be basically just a slower, more powerful musket and depending on the circumstance might be weaker than it and unusable though.

Reactions: Bry
Crossbow.png

Crossbow- Pre-Hardmode Weapon
-----------------------------------------
Damage: 25 -> 15
Knockback: 5 Average
Critical Chance: 7%
Use Time: 41 -> 39
Velocity: 10 (1 less than Marrow)
Effect: Pierces one enemy then stops at the 2nd.

Crafting Recipe:
20 Wood + 25 Cobweb + 5 Iron

That's my take on it ^

EDIT: The pierce prevents it from being called a Musket clone, and even still, Muskets are only from Corruption worlds, so this is the universal cure.

Last edited:
View attachment 216093
Crossbow- Pre-Hardmode Weapon
-----------------------------------------
Damage: 25
Knockback: 5 Average
Critical Chance: 7%
Use Time: 41 Very Slow
Velocity: 10 (1 less than Marrow)
Effect: Pierces one enemy then stops at the 2nd.

Crafting Recipe:
20 Wood + 25 Cobweb + 5 Iron

That's my take on it ^

EDIT: The pierce prevents it from being called a Musket clone, and even still, Muskets are only from Corruption worlds, so this is the universal cure.
Way overpowered, it would replace the Musket's niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom