Showcase [Showcase] 2D Printer

I don't make all signs. I make only one sign say You must refill the tank. Other signs are from original author ManaUser. I think first line in the printed picture.
You are right that 0000 in binary mean 0 in decimal.

Last edited:
Yeah, that does make things a bit weird. But you did make the rebuilt version right? I think it would just be easier for everyone if there was 7-segment displays showing a number in decimal. Like the digital displays everyone is so use to seeing. You could set 0000 as 1 on the display so it will read 1-16.
Of course if you have a grid display off to the side somewhere with switches and lights that the player could just flip all the ones on that they wanted instead of going row by row you wouldn't need any kind of number display in binary or decimal to let people know what row they are on.

Well done, now it also works at my PC.
I'm fine with binary numbers but some 2D preview would be nice to have.

To combine both you could add a 16x16-grid preview out of e.g. torches together with a row pointer aside.
With this you don't need to paint it first in real world and also don't need any numbers.

I got a new idea. And here it is.
Now you can build your design. When you pull the big red lever, it starts to scaning and printing.
Capture 2018-12-27 14_45_07.png

Capture 2018-12-27 14_44_59.png

Attachments

• 2D Printer with scanner.wld
    97.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I see, so now you set the design by first placing blocks on the white screen above and the printer can tell where the blocks are by the dart traps hitting or not hitting the teal plates below. Interesting. It seems like it will take a long time to print stuff like a real 3D printer takes a long time. XD I think Portal Gun Stations would make things a bit faster. Sucks that they can't be placed on the ceiling.

Very cool addition, Temarai!

Interestingly, if it can read and write, that also means it could be a storage device. Not that this would be particularly practical. Also it can't erase without user intervention, so I guess it would be a bit like EPROM.

Back
Top Bottom