Emoticon Creator

I finally got it.
[doublepost=1464763001,1464762936][/doublepost]Well im new to forums so cut me some slack ok i messed up here.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    466 bytes · Views: 245
  • Nerd.png
    Nerd.png
    777 bytes · Views: 438
Nice. Even though I'm not a fan of the language, something about the fact it was made in python seems pretty cool to me (I don't see many full-gui applications in PHP, Lua or Ruby).

-- That is, not to mention the awesome images to use.

:) its created in python

Hi! I downloaded the emoticon creator, but I can't figure out how to actually open the program. Does anyone else here know how?

logo.png

In the summer of 2015, @Jestex and @VOT released the first version of their Emoticon Creator, a desktop app that allowed you to create your own custom emotes that looked like the ones made for the forums :)), :dryadgrin:, :merchantconfused:, :nursewink: etc). Sadly, with the passing of Jestex in 2017 and the disappearance of VOT, the project was all but abandoned, and the original Emoticon Creator source code was lost.

However, with the blessing of the TCF staff, and as a close friend of Jestex, I have brought this project back to life, in the form of a web-app!

It is developed in pure HTML5 and JavaScript, and should work on pretty much any platform that has a modern, up to date web browser. You can find the source code on Github here.

index.php

index.php

index.php

If you use this program to create an emote, please credit the tool by linking to this thread or the site itself! Thanks!

Note: This thread is the original one created by Jestex, which was transferred to me in order to look after it and keep download links up to date, and to keep everything together.

Last edited:
This looks really amazing, darth, it's a great step up and a neat way to revive the original program.
Been online makes it much easier to access as well.

It does cause a bit of flickering through the hair and head accessoires though.
But I can understand that working with front-end code isn't simple.

Overall, great job on reviving this. Jestex would've been happy to see this. :)

This looks really amazing, darth, it's a great step up and a neat way to revive the original program.

The flickering is either due to it having to load or draw the images each time you update the settings - I plan to look into it but it's possible it's out of my control.

The flickering is either due to it having to load or draw the images each time you update the settings - I plan to look into it but it's possible it's out of my control.
Pleased to report that the flickering is no longer an issue!

im bad at sprites but would like to practice making terraria style ones and give me a real purpose to make them besides youtube channel art and entertainment

Back
Top Bottom