tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

I've backcombed a bit through this post but didn't really see this addressed, so forgive me if I missed it, but would it be possible to get a craft list for this mod? With nearly all of the preview images broken and no real clues to what's available or needed to make anything, the guesswork is pretty intense. What I have been able to find is really lovely, though, the sprites are all fantastic.

@360Chadscope - So, I've got a few ideas for new content to add to the mod:

1) A jungle furniture set, which would basically be a jungle-themed equivalent of the livingwood furniture, crafted with rich mahogany.
2) Stands, a new furniture type. They are essentially small tables, being 1 block wide and 2 blocks tall.
3) Wall Candles, to compliment the Wall Candelabras
4) Windows, a type of wall block based on the glass block, but each is themed to go with the different furniture sets (eg: steampunk windows, lihzahrd windows, etc.)

One thing I'd love to see in Terraria, and this feels like a good home for it in my opinion, is Living Wood Fence. It'd be really great for the balcony on living tree treehouses, or things like that.

I really wanted to use this mod but for some reason simply having it enabled with no other mods installed causes judder, disabling it and the judder stops.

Hi! I have an error when using this mod. Here is the crash log:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Blocks.granitebrick.SetDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.SetDefaults(ModTile tile)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

It worked perfectly before, but then I removed Calamity, then this happened. I then added Calamity back and it continued happening.

Hi everybody, I'm sorry for the long period of radio silence and even longer time without updates and patches. Life has remained very busy since my last few updates, and as a result I haven't really had the time to address the many technical issues the mod still seems to cause. As for this, it does seem that carpets are largely the culprit, and I'm planning on soon (as possible) releasing a version of the mod with carpets disabled, as well as publishing the mod on github for people more qualified to tackle the issues than I am. I'm sorry to those who actively used the carpets feature, but it's just too problematic at the moment.
As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about entirely overhauling the back-end part of the mod. This would be barely noticeable for players (aside from a better performance) but I still bring it up because it would take me quite a while. My creation of this mod has borne witness to my learning the ropes of programming, and as a result the code of is quite messy. I reckon cleaning that all up will help me a lot in every facet of continuing my developement, although it would basically require rewriting the mod from scratch because oh lord it's real messy. I'm just putting this out there, so you guys are aware of what I'm thinking of behind the scenes, and why it's been so long since the last update.
Those are all really cool ideas! I'm especially digging the hospital furniture and the living wood wands!
I've backcombed a bit through this post but didn't really see this addressed, so forgive me if I missed it, but would it be possible to get a craft list for this mod? With nearly all of the preview images broken and no real clues to what's available or needed to make anything, the guesswork is pretty intense. What I have been able to find is really lovely, though, the sprites are all fantastic.
I'm planning on making a comprehensive crafting list, yeah. It's not really high up on my list of priorities, though, and I'll probably only be able to get to this when I've sorted out some real-life hurdles to make some time for me to work on the mod. For the time being, the Guide has all most of the answers, as does jopojelly's Recipe Browser.
I'm glad you're enjoying what the mod has to offer!
Most of the images on the original post are broken, can you please fix these? I'm curious to see pictures of everything that comes with this mod.
As for the broken preview images, I'm honestly not sure what's going on there. Some times when I look they're still there, sometimes they're gone. I'll re-upload them all soon.
@360Chadscope - So, I've got a few ideas for new content to add to the mod:
1) A jungle furniture set, which would basically be a jungle-themed equivalent of the livingwood furniture, crafted with rich mahogany.
2) Stands, a new furniture type. They are essentially small tables, being 1 block wide and 2 blocks tall.
3) Wall Candles, to compliment the Wall Candelabras
4) Windows, a type of wall block based on the glass block, but each is themed to go with the different furniture sets (eg: steampunk windows, lihzahrd windows, etc.)
I'm into the idea of additional living wood sets to go with the aforementioned idea of additional living wood wands. Stands are cool, too. I plan on doing an update at some point in the future dedicated solely to new types of furniture (stands, wall-mounted candles which incidentally you mentioned too, etc), and I'll try not to forget about this one!
The windows would be a cool addition to such a set, as well, although I'm not entirely sure how they'd work. I'd have to somehow find out a way to not show the wall that the window is mounted on through the window. If possible, I'll definitely do that, though!
One thing I'd love to see in Terraria, and this feels like a good home for it in my opinion, is Living Wood Fence. It'd be really great for the balcony on living tree treehouses, or things like that.
Additional fences are definitely something I'm planning on adding in the future, too!
I keep getting errors when I attempt to load it. Anyone know why?
That could be for a number of reasons. Can you post the error report?
I really wanted to use this mod but for some reason simply having it enabled with no other mods installed causes judder, disabling it and the judder stops.
I've heard mention of that before. Are you by chance using the 64bit version of tModLoader?
Hi! I have an error when using this mod. Here is the crash log:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Blocks.granitebrick.SetDefaults()
It worked perfectly before, but then I removed Calamity, then this happened. I then added Calamity back and it continued happening.
Does restarting the program help? The granite brick is set to automatically merge with every other block that is set to merge with others (which happens to be a feature I regret and might remove if I were to overhaul the mod, as there's mods dedicated to doing the same thing anyways). I reckon when you removed Calamity it still tried to merge with all modded Calamity blocks, although that doesn't account for why it persisted after you re-enabled that mod.

Does restarting the program help? The granite brick is set to automatically merge with every other block that is set to merge with others (which happens to be a feature I regret and might remove if I were to overhaul the mod, as there's mods dedicated to doing the same thing anyways). I reckon when you removed Calamity it still tried to merge with all modded Calamity blocks, although that doesn't account for why it persisted after you re-enabled that mod.

That fixed it. Thank you!

I have a error that causes my game to crash when initializing chad's furni

The type initializer for 'chadsfurni.handleother' threw an exception.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Animals.DeerHead.SetDefaults()

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother..cctor()

Any idea how to fix this?

So, it still happens even when it's just Chad's mod that you have loaded? I'm curious to see what happens if the mod is updated with the new update he's working on. Optimizations and whatnot.

no, it doesn't happen when it's just chad's. I think it's something to do with calamity as sometimes I run those two the game crashes, but only sometimes like 50/50.

Back
Top Bottom