Terraria and it's popularity (also how it stacks against another game)

Will we ever get more sales than the mentioned game?

• Nah, let's be respectful to other games :P

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No way, we'll never be as popular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES. WE ARE NUMBER ONE!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
most of the kids on the terraria community don't really stay in the forums, they just dwell in a terraria facebook group and circlejerk against minecraft. mostly mobile players though(sorry mobile players lol, not all of you though), that said both games are good and people should really stop comparing the two like it's a contest. both games have their ups and downs. both are just different

Plus The terraria community is more mature because like you said, tons of kids play minecraft. I havn't seen a single user under 13 on this forum. Terraria is more complicated (for which the digging alone would confuse younguns) and well, the rating. The rating does make it sound worse than it actually is, I mean rated T for gore and alcahol? Yeah, cause no kids have heard of pirates (cause the only alcahol is ale) and the gore? It is litterally only on zombies, critters, E&BoC, The twins, and the WoF. And since the aforementioned game is HEAVILY advertised and shoved down our throats I doubt terraria will ever get bigger then it.
I started on Terraria when I was seven and my friend started at the age of 5. There might just be some child bias in me but Terraria has more content and is, therefore, more entertaining. I also played Minecraft at the time and remember wanting to play Terraria more of the time ( even if I couldn't beat EoC) rather than Minecraft, where you simply charge though until things halt towards the end and you need to gather enough eyes to go to the end. Terraria, while less straightforward, is more enticing, as the game is gradually getting harder and more difficult, with a wider range of options, instead of the go-to bow with a lot of enchants and diamond everything.

Back
Top Bottom